RIP Jay Bennett

Buftex

Probably true, but I think Wilco has been a big bore without him...

Don't get me wrong, I think Jay was brilliant but that was a far as they were going with him and needed to move in a different direction. The post-Bennett stuff is different, which was not bad thing or disparaging of AM, Summerteeth and the awesome HYF. We'll just have to disagree that A Ghost is Born or Sky Blue Sky are a "bore," especially if you haven't seen them in concert lately - or listened to the ripping Kicking Television.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jay was brilliant but that was a far as they were going with him and needed to move in a different direction. The post-Bennett stuff is different, which was not bad thing or disparaging of AM, Summerteeth and the awesome HYF. We'll just have to disagree that A Ghost is Born or Sky Blue Sky are a "bore," especially if you haven't seen them in concert lately - or listened to the ripping Kicking Television.

I used to love Wilco...I don't hate them or anything, I just don't look forward to their new albums as much as I used to. I have seen them numerous times over the years, they still put on a good show. Just that their music seemed, to me, to lose some energy along the way...