Jim Kelly hopes Owens is a disturbance

No it was not sarcasm it was the truth. Rice looked TERRIBLE in the Super Bowl loss to the Bucs. I was not talking about his entire career, just since he left the 49ers.

I don't know what your point is, but Rice had 2 1,000+ yard receiving seasons after leaving SF (at age 38 and older too). http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceJe00.htm He is a freak and is hardly the reason the Raiders lost the SB. Gruden was basically in their playbook.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this from his time in Dallas. http://cbs11tv.com/local/T.O.Terrell.2.502413.html

But with reporters and television cameras surrounding his locker Monday, Owens talked for nearly 20 minutes and made his most extensive comments since the season ended with a first-round playoff loss to Seattle and Parcells decided to retire.

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-leading 13 touchdowns -- the best season by a Cowboys receiver since Hall of Famer Michael Irvin caught 111 passes for 1,603 yards and 10 TDs in 1995, Dallas' last Super Bowl season. But Owens also led the league with 17 dropped passes.

"I could have played better, but I'm not the one to really harp on why I had the season I did," Owens said. "I'm not going to say why I had the drops I had. I knew the reason, but I didn't take the time out to make that an excuse. ... I played through an injury that I didn't really talk about, I didn't care to talk about."

OK so he caught 111 passes and dropped 17 balls. That means he was open for about 128 catches that year. I think i will take the drops then. LOL

No it was not sarcasm it was the truth. Rice looked TERRIBLE in the Super Bowl loss to the Bucs. I was not talking about his entire career, just since he left the 49ers.

5 catches for 77 yards and a TD is terrible?

He also made the probowl that season for a record 13th time.

It should have been sarcasm.

I don't know what your point is, but Rice had 2 1,000+ yard receiving seasons after leaving SF (at age 38 and older too). http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceJe00.htm He is a freak and is hardly the reason the Raiders lost the SB. Gruden was basically in their playbook.

Granted, Gruden knew what the Raiders were going to run before they ran it. Kind of like the Pats* only Gruden didn't cheat to get that knowledge, he drew up the play book himself. The fact is Rice looked TERRIBLE in that game. I don't think he caught a pass until the 3rd quarter. Watch the game again the next time they show it. The point is Rice has not been a winner after he left the 49ers anymore than TO & TO playing on a broken leg played a tremendous game in the Super Bowl with the Eagles & they only lost because McNabb is a loser.