Jim Kelly hopes Owens is a disturbance

True but in the other situations he had multi-year deals to spread his baggage dumping over. Since he only has a 1 yr deal he may feel time pressure to start dumping from the get go to make sure he dumps on everybody before the season's over. Can't leave a job half done can he?

:pirate:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Kelly has a point....

He thinks this team is not to bothered by losing and that would have not been acceptable to him during his playing days.

TO is the type of player who get bothered by losing and is not afraid to voice his thoughts.

The Bills are becoming an extension of their head coach which is one of the reason he should have been fired last year at the end of the season. Granted we dont know what is said during the week but I would like to see more passion from a head coach after we lose.

I hope TO cusses everybody out after we lose or not playing up to our talents. We all know this team as talent , on Offense for sure.

I hope TO bring some accountability to the locker room, something that has been low IMO.

Um...hate to burst your bubble, but right now the Bills are subletting an apartment from DET in the "NFL Building."

That's OK, my bubble is strong enough to handle your point, whatever it is. You DID have a point in there somewhere didn't you?

This comment from Jim Kelly is so welcomed and refreshing that I find it hard to express my joy. I just freaking love the fact that he came out and said those things so bluntly and so beautifully. Those comments were pure poetry gold for me to read.

After three years of listening to and reading Vic Carruci, Jim Miller and Chris Brown's garbage about the importance of "continuity and stability" when it was clear that every lifeblood cell had been sucked dry over at One Bills Drive by our head coach, I've got four words...THANK YOU JIM KELLY!

I'll bet that Miami's brilliant turnaround from a 1-15 club to winning the AFC East really irked Kelly this offseason. Those aren't the normal run of the mill criticisms from an ex Bill's star. It's great to see that the anger I've felt since Oct. 2007 has risen to the top levels of Bills backers.

T.O. got into trouble in philly by pointing out that his team was not working hard, that the coaches werent asking them to, and that McNabb's weight gain and fatigue on the field were factors in their super bowl losses. Pretty standard stuff, really.

T.O. got into trouble in philly by pointing out that his team was not working hard, that the coaches werent asking them to, and that McNabb's weight gain and fatigue on the field were factors in their super bowl losses. Pretty standard stuff, really.

He also didn't mention his dropped passes that killed drives. Yep, pretty standard stuff after all.

It went beyond that, although that was a major part. McNabb also felt threatened by TO and never warmed-up to him, and TO revealing that McNabb puked on the final drive drove an irreconcilable wedge between them. And in the meantime, the Eagles were talking about how if TO didn't return from his broken leg that they could cut him with little cap hit, since they signed him to a cap-friendly deal that he only accepted because he didn't want to be traded to Baltimore.

Should have done it before you posted. :blink:

How about this from his time in Dallas. http://cbs11tv.com/local/T.O.Terrell.2.502413.html

But with reporters and television cameras surrounding his locker Monday, Owens talked for nearly 20 minutes and made his most extensive comments since the season ended with a first-round playoff loss to Seattle and Parcells decided to retire.

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-leading 13 touchdowns -- the best season by a Cowboys receiver since Hall of Famer Michael Irvin caught 111 passes for 1,603 yards and 10 TDs in 1995, Dallas' last Super Bowl season. But Owens also led the league with 17 dropped passes.

"I could have played better, but I'm not the one to really harp on why I had the season I did," Owens said. "I'm not going to say why I had the drops I had. I knew the reason, but I didn't take the time out to make that an excuse. ... I played through an injury that I didn't really talk about, I didn't care to talk about."

How about this from his time in Dallas. http://cbs11tv.com/local/T.O.Terrell.2.502413.html

But with reporters and television cameras surrounding his locker Monday, Owens talked for nearly 20 minutes and made his most extensive comments since the season ended with a first-round playoff loss to Seattle and Parcells decided to retire.

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-leading 13 touchdowns -- the best season by a Cowboys receiver since Hall of Famer Michael Irvin caught 111 passes for 1,603 yards and 10 TDs in 1995, Dallas' last Super Bowl season. But Owens also led the league with 17 dropped passes.

"I could have played better, but I'm not the one to really harp on why I had the season I did," Owens said. "I'm not going to say why I had the drops I had. I knew the reason, but I didn't take the time out to make that an excuse. ... I played through an injury that I didn't really talk about, I didn't care to talk about."

The original post you responded to was about PHILLY NOT DALLAS. TO was the MAN in that Super Bowl & if McNabb had played better the Eagles would have won..........................& that's a fact.

Owens was a big part of that 2006 Cowboys season. Without him and yes, even his dropped passes, the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. And that Seattle playoff game hinged on Romo muffing the hold for what might have been the game-winning FG and other Dallas miscues.

Owens was a big part of that 2006 Cowboys season. Without him and yes, even his dropped passes, the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. And that Seattle playoff game hinged on Romo muffing the hold for what might have been the game-winning FG and other Dallas miscues.

Here's another enlightening article on T.O.'s impact on is teams:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3328008

Owens began his career playing alongside Rice, who didn't have to brag to convince people he was the greatest receiver of all time. The 49ers won playoff games with Rice and T.O. in 1996, 1997 and 1998, advancing to the NFC Championship Game in 1997.

But without Rice, Owens has hardly won a thing. During the past seven seasons, Owens has been in uniform for just one postseason victory. His lifetime playoff record is 4-7 -- and of those four wins, three came in the wild-card round. And in four of his past six postseason games -- the biggest games of his career -- this alleged superstar had 49 or fewer receiving yards.

His total postseason record without Rice is 1-5. Since leaving San Francisco, Owens has not won a playoff game.

The 2004 Eagles were forced to play their first two postseason games without an injured Owens and won both easily. With Owens back, they lost 24-21 to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX. Owens had a big game (9 catches for 122 yards), but instead of showing disappointment about the loss, he celebrated his performance in his postgame news conference.

"Nobody in the world gave me a chance," he crowed after the game. "God is good. God is great."

Why so happy after a loss? Because 9-for-122 matters far more to T.O. than a 24-21 loss in the Super Bowl.

Maybe that's why during the past nine years, Owens' teams have won more postseason games without him than with him.

Here's another enlightening article on T.O.'s impact on is teams:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3328008

Owens began his career playing alongside Rice, who didn't have to brag to convince people he was the greatest receiver of all time. The 49ers won playoff games with Rice and T.O. in 1996, 1997 and 1998, advancing to the NFC Championship Game in 1997.

But without Rice, Owens has hardly won a thing. During the past seven seasons, Owens has been in uniform for just one postseason victory. His lifetime playoff record is 4-7 -- and of those four wins, three came in the wild-card round. And in four of his past six postseason games -- the biggest games of his career -- this alleged superstar had 49 or fewer receiving yards.

His total postseason record without Rice is 1-5. Since leaving San Francisco, Owens has not won a playoff game.

The 2004 Eagles were forced to play their first two postseason games without an injured Owens and won both easily. With Owens back, they lost 24-21 to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX. Owens had a big game (9 catches for 122 yards), but instead of showing disappointment about the loss, he celebrated his performance in his postgame news conference.

"Nobody in the world gave me a chance," he crowed after the game. "God is good. God is great."

Why so happy after a loss? Because 9-for-122 matters far more to T.O. than a 24-21 loss in the Super Bowl.

Maybe that's why during the past nine years, Owens' teams have won more postseason games without him than with him.

Rice has done no better without Owens.

One man doesn't win a game, playoff, SB, or otherwise.

Rice has done no better without Owens.

I'm not supporting Big Daddy's claims that Owens isn't a winner but you aren't going to find many NFL fans who support your retort. Rice's career stats and rings speak for themselves and even an alltime great like Owens can't be in the same sentence as Rice. I hope it was sarcasm.

I agree. I remember Kelly DEMANDING better play from his o-line. That's what this team needs badly -- leaders who are not afraid to get in the faces of their teammates now & them and demand better performance. Yes, it can be a negative distraction if overdone, but right now that kind of leadership is badly needed. I welcome TO.

That criticize also created the Bickerin' Bills and pretty much killed the '89 season. Of course, we have now sucked for a decade now, so what do we have to lose with TO?

I'm not supporting Big Daddy's claims that Owens isn't a winner but you aren't going to find many NFL fans who support your retort. Rice's career stats and rings speak for themselves and even an alltime great like Owens can't be in the same sentence as Rice. I hope it was sarcasm.

No it was not sarcasm it was the truth. Rice looked TERRIBLE in the Super Bowl loss to the Bucs. I was not talking about his entire career, just since he left the 49ers.