Clips from the No Punt game

Thank you, Fez :unsure:

I was sitting in the KRON-TV box at Candlestick that game, courtesy of The Dean - 65 total points - over 1000 yards total offense - unfreakinbelievable.

What an absolutely unbelievable era in Bills football - we could literally score at will, almost every drive - the only ones who could stop us was, well...us. I always wonder if we'll ever see the likes of that team again...

KELLY > BRADY*

(SF was quite a team back then too, back in the era when Berman annually predicted a Bills-49ers Superbowl.)

What a game for Metzelaars - shows how crucial the TE is, and maybe sheds some light on why we've had a 9-year playoff drought.

Also, no hesitation/indecision at all by Marv to go for it on 4th and 4, down by 4, with just under 4 minutes to go - I'm thinkin' Jauron would have punted. :blink:

I was sitting in the KRON-TV box at Candlestick that game, courtesy of The Dean - 65 total points - over 1000 yards total offense - unfreakinbelievable.

What an absolutely unbelievable era in Bills football - we could literally score at will, almost every drive - the only ones who could stop us was, well...us. I always wonder if we'll ever see the likes of that team again...

KELLY > BRADY*

(SF was quite a team back then too, back in the era when Berman annually predicted a Bills-49ers Superbowl.)

What a game for Metzelaars - shows how crucial the TE is, and maybe sheds some light on why we've had a 9-year playoff drought.

Also, no hesitation/indecision at all by Marv to go for it on 4th and 4, down by 4, with just under 4 minutes to go - I'm thinkin' Jauron would have punted. :blink:

Jauron would have DEFINITELY kicked the field goal.

Kelly v Young, Walsh v Levy, do match up like these even exist anymore?

Great post!

Man, what an awesome offense! Jim Kelly did NOT hesitate in the pocket.

People tend to think of Kelly as only a strong-armed quarterback. In truth, he had great instincts and threw with great touch and accuracy. His release was quick but also he was a pretty deliberate thrower.

KELLY > BRADY*

Yeah. There was tons of room for those drag routes. Hopefully with the talent we have on the outside this year we we can run more clearouts and get people open running underneath with the ball.

Watching that wonderful video got me to thinking. Remember what a poor tackler Mark Kelso was? Was Henry Jones better than Donte Whitner or was he just surrounded by better players? Even when Bruce didn't do anything the other side was still having to game plan for him and he was just a big play waiting to happen. Odomes was one of many great CBs this franchise has had spanning from Butch Byrd to...McGee and McKelvin. Talley always gave maximum effort. Thurman was phenomenal as was Reed. Wow. Great stuff. Thanks again.

Also, no hesitation/indecision at all by Marv to go for it on 4th and 4, down by 4, with just under 4 minutes to go - I'm thinkin' Jauron would have punted. :unsure:

He most certainly would have punted, his team also would have been losing by 60 at that point.

Where was Jerry Rice?

I'm pretty sure he started the game, but had to leave early do to an injury.

EDIT: Rice had 3 receptions for 26 yards.

I'm pretty sure he started the game, but had to leave early do to an injury.

EDIT: Rice had 3 receptions for 26 yards.

Phil Hansen knocked him out of the game with a concussion on a downfield tackle.

Kelso was absolutely brutal. Bounces off Odessa Turner like a pinball on the first score, then gets toyed with by John Taylor as Taylor raced to the goal line. Bills played a man down every year he was on the squad.

Henry Jones was a very good player. Great instincts and athleticism. Shonte can only aspire to be as good as Jones, who even as a less than premium safety with an excellent supporting, was miles ahead at the same juncture of their careers.

Anyone notice how rangy Talley was? Geez what hustle.

Wow, I didn't really remember how important Metzellars was to that offense, and how well Kelly really spread the ball out. I hope that Nelson can be a big target. We also need a target out of the backfield....Hopefully Jackson can play that role, and Trent doesn't lock on to 83 and 81.

The other thing I thought was crazy was the way that game was coached.....that INT that the Bills had in the 4th quarter, what coach in 2009 would have been throwing the ball there? Steve Young or not, coaches these days would be happy to run the ball and take a punt.