Why haven't the naming rights of the Ralph been sold?

I have heard from several people that Ralph acquired the naming rights just before the 1998 season, when he negotiated with Erie County for stadium and practice field improvements. He apparently hates the practice of selling the name to a corporate sponsor...

Now that is funny. When the stadium was first built in 1973, it was one of the first in the country to be named after a corporate sponsor, anyone remember the name: RICH STADIUM?

But I have to wonder about that rumor to begin with. I heard the State and local officials voted to name the stadium after him, and he quietly agreed.

Finally, this deal with Toronto earns Ralph about 9 Million a season. Selling naming rights, even if he would have sold them from day one back under the new least in '98, would only bring in about 1 Million a season, or maybe even less. And with the economy, who knows how many different names the Ralph would have had over the past 11 seasons....and how stupid would that have been?

Why hasn't Jerry Jones sold the naming rights to "Cowboys Stadium?"

He has been trying to, he thought he had a buyer but they backed out. This will probably be the only season it is called Cowboys Stadium. Maybe the company that built the Cowboys practice facility can sponsor the Ralph, since both that company's product and the Bills are collapsable.

Delaware North could easily pony up that money. It is interesting to note that Rich Products was one of the first corporations to attach their name to a stadium. When I was little, in the early 70's and we had just moved to OP, I thought the stadium was named after some guy named Rich who probably built it.