Farewell to Our Favorite (and Not-So-Favorite) TV Series

I never watched it because I figured it'd be cancelled right away. Previews looked good though.

I figured with the Sunday time slot NBC gave it, it wouldn't have a shot. It was more of an ongoing movie then a network drama. Hopefully a competent network will pick it up and give it a shot in a good time slot. Though, it's one you need to watch from the beginning to fully understand and follow.

I am with you on this one, i love king of the hill, and i believe you are right, cartoon network is picking it up. I think mike judge also has a new 'toon premiering soon,.

Also sorry to see My Name is Earl go, I loved that show. one of the few shows that can live up to the pre-hype

Yeah, I'm surprised by Earl. It was a very entertaining show. Unfortunately I missed it most weeks because I always wound up with things to do on a Thrusday night. I guess a show can't succeed if it has a positive message behind it. :D

It's like when the CBS idiots at the time canceled The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Hee Haw, and Petticoat Junction (I think) in the same season because the execs said it was trending too rural. All were doing fine in the ratings.

Green Acres was as funny as Seinfeld.

[*]"According to Jim" (2001-2009) aired for 8 seasons on ABC.

[*]"Knight Rider" (2008-2009) aired for 1 season on NBC.

The only 2 I watched...don't care much for series TV (I only watch Bones, Dollhouse, Smallville, and Supernatural religiously) According to Jim was hilarious but I thought it lost a little when Dana left the show. Knight Rider was nowhere near as good as the original but I checked it out out of loyalty and hoped it would improve. It did, but too little, too late. The KARR storyline was a total joke, though

Kinda sad to see "Pushing Daisies" come to an end. It was a fun series in the tune of "Amelie." Saturated colors, English-accent narration, quirky characters, a plucky response to the too-many reality-crime-drama shows. Got critical acclaim, especially for Lee Pace, but didn't seem to attract enough of an audience, tho the timeslot was a killer.

It's just sad to see the state of network teevee. And we're OTA-only in my house, so it bites a little harder. Other than LOST, I don't have a must-see show on the Big 4, and most of our viewing is PBS. Among the new series, I'm not seeing anything that sounds even remotely interesting. Well-written non-chick-flickish (e.g. Brothers&Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy) non-crime drama is going the way of the do-do it seems. With Leno filling up the 10 slot it means there's even less. Seems like everything that once did well and supported itself with advertising is now falling on hard(er) times and is cutting back its product/costs.

William Shatner will have more time to do Priceline commercials, whipee!

Only show I watch on regular basis is "Reaper", a few I watched once and one other I watched in repeats sorta. Sorry for missed call that it was not going to be canceled. Hate

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/farewell-to-our-f...-tv-series--351

[*]"According to Jim" (2001-2009) aired for 8 seasons on ABC.

[*]"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" (2007-2009) aired for 3 seasons on Fox.

[*]"Dirty Sexy Money" (2007-2009) aired for 2 seasons on ABC.

[*]"Howie Do It" (1/9/09-5/1/09) aired for 1 season on NBC.

[*]"Lipstick Jungle" (2008-2009) aired for 2 seasons on NBC.

THANK GOD

[*]"Sit Down, Shut Up" (4/19/09-5/10/09) aired for 4 episodes on Fox.

This was a followup project for Bateman, Arnett, Horowitz, and some of the other Arrested Development ilk. Not a bad show, not a great show, too bad they pulled the plug so early. The production team alone fit the recipe for success.

This was a followup project for Bateman, Arnett, Horowitz, and some of the other Arrested Development ilk. Not a bad show, not a great show, too bad they pulled the plug so early. The production team alone fit the recipe for success.

I beg to differ. Sit Down/Shut up was an awful show

Show felt like they decided to put together a cast before figuring out what the show was going to be about

Sarah Connor left off on a big cliffhanger, hopefully the producers will find another channel (maybe SciFi?) to wrap up the storyline, although Im sure they wont have the same budget to work with.

SciFi Channel would be the perfect fit, and I think they could make it work budget-wise. Shows like BSG and the Stargates didn't have the biggest budgets but you'd never know.

And you are right about a big cliffhanger. The show got progressively better each and every week.

I really liked Life on Mars and it had a fantastic cast. While they were allowed to actually end the show because they got early notice that they were being cancelled, the ending kinda sucked. Oveall a damn good show though.

I beg to differ. Sit Down/Shut up was an awful show

Show felt like they decided to put together a cast before figuring out what the show was going to be about

I agree. But the cast at least had a successful track record, leading me to believe they may have pulled it together down the line.

Monk is ending after the new shows this summer. Tony Shalhoub's contract is up and he want's to do other things.

Looking him up (to spell his name right) on IMDB, it says he is a Cheesehead and has Packer season tickets- he grew up there.

William Shatner will have more time to do Priceline commercials, whipee!

:blink:

I thought Boston Legal was one of the best shows on TV - loved the way David Kelly would take shots at the networks, particularly ABC, and the tongue-in-cheek gimmicks and dialogue he'd use to poke fun...

"In recent episodes a cell phone's ring tone was the theme from "The Practice" and dialogue referenced Shatner's Priceline commercials."

Then there was the episode where Carl Sack (John Laroquette) sued the networks for bad programming...

"We should be able to turn on our damn televisions and see something other than reality shows aimed at fourth graders, game shows aimed at those slightly smarter than fifth graders and scripted shows with dimwitted, sex-crazed twenty-somethings running around in suits or doctors’ scrubs! Old people, the ones with intelligence, don’t want to watch that crap! We’re fed up! The networks might think we’re dead, but we’re not. We’re very much alive, with working brains! Give us something to watch, damn it!”

link

Great stuff, I think.

Monk is ending after the new shows this summer. Tony Shalhoub's contract is up and he want's to do other things.

Looking him up (to spell his name right) on IMDB, it says he is a Cheesehead and has Packer season tickets- he grew up there.

I'm assuming they'll be doing the split season like they have been lately, so hopefully the last season will last a little longer than just the summer.

:blink:

I thought Boston Legal was one of the best shows on TV - loved the way David Kelly would take shots at the networks, particularly ABC, and the tongue-in-cheek gimmicks and dialogue he'd use to poke fun...

"In recent episodes a cell phone's ring tone was the theme from "The Practice" and dialogue referenced Shatner's Priceline commercials."

Then there was the episode where Carl Sack (John Laroquette) sued the networks for bad programming...

"We should be able to turn on our damn televisions and see something other than reality shows aimed at fourth graders, game shows aimed at those slightly smarter than fifth graders and scripted shows with dimwitted, sex-crazed twenty-somethings running around in suits or doctors’ scrubs! Old people, the ones with intelligence, don’t want to watch that crap! We’re fed up! The networks might think we’re dead, but we’re not. We’re very much alive, with working brains! Give us something to watch, damn it!”

link

Great stuff, I think.

The balcony scenes with Alan and Denny had a lot of these tongue-in-cheek dialouges aimed at the fate of the show.

Arrested Development did that pretty well too.