Conrad Dobler Quotes

Used to run into the late Monte Stickles many times in EssEff, at Dave's on 3rd St. and occasionally at The North Star - any time I mentioned Dobler's name and said "NFL's dirtiest player", Monte would take umbrage & jaw at me, "Dobler was nothin'! He wasn't a tenth as dirty as me!"

(In real life, Monte was a teddy bear.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :wallbash:

When guys come over to date my daughter, I'm going to tell them, "I want you to go out and have a very good time with my daughter. I want you to enjoy yourself and have her home on time. If you abuse her in any way, I'm going to kill your mother and father, cut your back open, pull out your spine, and leave you in a wheelchair so you can think about what you did for the rest of your life. Now, go out and have a good time!"

Priceless.

When guys come over to date my daughter, I'm going to tell them, "I want you to go out and have a very good time with my daughter. I want you to enjoy yourself and have her home on time. If you abuse her in any way, I'm going to kill your mother and father, cut your back open, pull out your spine, and leave you in a wheelchair so you can think about what you did for the rest of your life. Now, go out and have a good time!"

Priceless.

Yes, that was great.

I also like this ...

"I always tried to play it fair," he says.

Conrad Dobler, once dubbed the NFL's dirtiest player, is approaching his 57th birthday in a body broken down from years of abuse on the field. He knows perfectly well how any mention of fairness or honor might sound, coming from someone who made his reputation as the maestro of a nasty little karate kick technique called the leg whip, coming from a man best known for using his helmet, his feet, his knees, his fingers, a plaster cast, and — perhaps most famously — his teeth as lethal weapons. This is, after all, the same Conrad Dobler whom Sports Illustrated anointed on its cover in 1977 as "Pro Football's Dirtiest Player," the same Conrad Dobler who titled his own autobiography "They Call Me Dirty." This is the Conrad Dobler who gouged eyes and twisted facemasks and worked hard to irritate everyone from Pete Rozelle to John Madden to a mild-mannered Mormon defensive lineman named Merlin Olsen.

And this is the Conrad Dobler who, with a few well-placed fists to the solar plexus, once made an opponent actually break down, right there on the football field, and start to cry. "Only time I've seen that," says his former linemate Tom Banks.