Bills one of 7 NFL front offices "feeling the heat in 2009"

Lori

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30832386

And guess who's the first team mentioned?

No head coach gets a team to almost .500 like Dick Jauron, who’s led the Bills to 7-9 seasons three years straight. That's par for the course; the Bills have been over .500 just once this decade (9-7 in 2004).

Result? The Bills got aggressive this offseason, signing quarterback killer Terrell Owens, who was released by Dallas after a three-season reign of agitation in which he scored 38 touchdowns, caught 336 passes and gained more than 3,500 yards receiving. That Dallas would part with that kind of production says a lot about the player. That Buffalo would embrace that kind of player says a lot about how much they believe their immediate employment depends on Owens’ production.

And in the 'Water is Wet" category of best sports journalism to state the obvious, the award goes to...

I'm not so sure. You really think Ralph gets rid of wonderboy Brandon this soon?

I am one of the few fans that doesn't hate Jauron. I wouldn't have been dissapointed if he got fired but I'm also okay with one more chance. This article is right on the money, IMO. The Bills are certainly in a make or break season. Call it a PR move or desperation but I'm fully interested in seeing how TO works out. Unfortunately, I have serious doubts that Jauron will ever be able to fix his reputation in Buffalo. If he miraculously takes the Bills to the playoffs, he has only bought himself the rest of his contract. Short of winning a superbowl or continuos playoff runs his legacy has already been written.

The Bills FO has been laying eggs for several years now. Rob Johnson, JP, Mike Williams, Gregg Williams, Jauron and so on. The heat is continuing to ratchet up.

True, but Brandon was still in the marketing department when all those moves were made. He's on the hook for the last couple of drafts and the T.O. and Peters deals, that's about it.

The Bills FO has been laying eggs for several years now. Rob Johnson, JP, Mike Williams, Gregg Williams, Jauron and so on. The heat is continuing to ratchet up.

I don't understand where "the heat" is going to come from.

The fans? They got over the fact that "Wonderboy" didn't have the common sense to can DJ last season. They buy every ticket to every game.

The press? Historically soft on the Bills and they are eating up this TO stuff just as they are supposed to and as Brandon figured they would.

From Ralph? You think he's really worried about the possibility of another 7-9 season when he's looking at another year of sold out home games and 10 or 20 million profit?

I don't understand where "the heat" is going to come from.

The fans? They got over the fact that "Wonderboy" didn't have the common sense to can DJ last season. They buy every ticket to every game.

The press? Historically soft on the Bills and they are eating up this TO stuff just as they are supposed to and as Brandon figured they would.

From Ralph? You think he's really worried about the possibility of another 7-9 season when he's looking at another year of sold out home games and 10 or 20 million profit?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I'm not so sure. You really think Ralph gets rid of wonderboy Brandon this soon?

Only if the team becomes less profitable and fans become restless a la 2005. I think Brandon is the man for the duration and no attempt will be made to hire someone who actually has a resume deeper than, "Bills COO/GM 2008-present."