Have the Bills ever had a media magnet

The tittle says it all.

I know the big 4 in the 90's got star attention but they didn't make nearly as much news as TO. Flutie was was adored by the media but I don't remember exactly how much coverage he used to get and I wasn't around for the OJ years so the only media coverage I remember on him was the trial(s).

Have Bills fans ever experienced what they're about to experience with TO?

The tittle says it all.

I know the big 4 in the 90's got star attention but they didn't make nearly as much news as TO. Flutie was was adored by the media but I don't remember exactly how much coverage he used to get and I wasn't around for the OJ years so the only media coverage I remember on him was the trial(s).

Have Bills fans ever experienced what they're about to experience with TO?

Media Coverage was alot different in the 90's, I'm sure if Kelly and Bruce and them were playing in this era with so many ways to get details out to the public about what players do in their own-time, those guys would be regularly making headlines, and not for good things either lol :wacko:

Media Coverage was alot different in the 90's, I'm sure if Kelly and Bruce and them were playing in this era with so many ways to get details out to the public about what players do in their own-time, those guys would be regularly making headlines, and not for good things either lol :wacko:

You bring up a good point. TO may be a troublemaker but he has kept his nose clean legally speaking, which is more then we can say about other Bills stars past and present.

I think you'd have to put an asterix next to Orenthal's name on that designation. A 'media magnet' in the pre-Internet, pre-ESPN era is a lot different than what TO's experiencing today.

Not really, he was a movie star and had hosted Saturday Night Live (as edgy as anything in the 70s) long before his career in Buffalo ended.

Trust us, some of us were present during the 70s while it was going on.

Not really, he was a movie star and had hosted Saturday Night Live (as edgy as anything in the 70s) long before his career in Buffalo ended.

Trust us, some of us were present during the 70s while it was going on.

I was here too. And I find it hard to believe you think today's 24/7 media cycle is anything like it was in the '70s.

I was here too. And I find it hard to believe you think today's 24/7 media cycle is anything like it was in the '70s.

Maybe, I just know that back then the media was television, movies and advertising:

I remember OJ on the big screen, not the 15"-19" little screen of the internet.

I remember watching OJ on SNL when SNL was THE thing at the time.

and I remember OJ in almost every magazine for Dingo boots and on TV seemingly every 10 minutes flying through airports for Hertz, not just doing plugs for MNF.

The 70s just called apologizing for not having the internet or reality TV, but yeah, he was pretty damn big...and not just in Buffalo.

EDIT: Surprisingly enough, i think he may have also pushed a little orange juice in his time.