Maybin article

The second one is worse. It says "Use limit exceeded". :thumbsup:

I subscribe so I'll probably see it later today in the mag.

Dammit! Thankfully Scribo knows what he's doing with the link, so please click on his as it's a good interview with our #1 pick.

If his speed is for real, we could be an imposing defense with Schoebel on the other side. :wacko:

My apologies, wallers. It used to be easier to forward their links. Here's a synopsis:

Q. Are you a DE or an OLB?

A. DE, man!

Q. Your versatility is a great asset, right?

A. That's one of the greatest things about my position here. Once I learn the D calls, the coaching staff will be able to move me around and have me come from many different positions.

Q. Do you think you'll get around NFL OL as easy as you did in college?

A. Of course. I know everyone's very good in the NFL but success comes from preparation and the approach you take towards the guy you'll be playing against.

Q.Do you feel you have an advantage coming in given your relationships with past & present NFLer's (Arrington, etc.)?

A. The main thing I take from their experience is have confidence in myself and stay the same person I was when I stepped on the field in pop warner. Everything else will take care of itself.

Q.How would you describe your game?

A.Play fast and violent, man! I think they're the 2 words that best describe me. From the second the ball is snapped, till the whistle blows, I'm going 110 mph. That's what has set me apart in my career to date.

Q.You ran a 4.58. You're freakishly fast, aren't you?

A. That's always been a gift I'm blessed with. I guess all those days of chasing my shadow when I was a kid have paid off.

This is the near quote by quote of the inteview. Knowing that speed cures everything, if we have a healthy A. Schoebel on the other side all year, I think we have the type of T-2 LB's & DB's to be very successful on defense. IMO, we saw a lot of upgrades defensively last year -untill injuries exposed sub-par reserves.

Here's to hope! :wallbash:

My apologies, wallers. It used to be easier to forward their links. Here's a synopsis:

Q. Are you a DE or an OLB?

A. DE, man!

Q. Your versatility is a great asset, right?

A. That's one of the greatest things about my position here. Once I learn the D calls, the coaching staff will be able to move me around and have me come from many different positions.

Q. Do you think you'll get around NFL OL as easy as you did in college?

A. Of course. I know everyone's very good in the NFL but success comes from preparation and the approach you take towards the guy you'll be playing against.

Q.Do you feel you have an advantage coming in given your relationships with past & present NFLer's (Arrington, etc.)?

A. The main thing I take from their experience is have confidence in myself and stay the same person I was when I stepped on the field in pop warner. Everything else will take care of itself.

Q.How would you describe your game?

A.Play fast and violent, man! I think they're the 2 words that best describe me. From the second the ball is snapped, till the whistle blows, I'm going 110 mph. That's what has set me apart in my career to date.

Q.You ran a 4.58. You're freakishly fast, aren't you?

A. That's always been a gift I'm blessed with. I guess all those days of chasing my shadow when I was a kid have paid off.

This is the near quote by quote of the inteview. Knowing that speed cures everything, if we have a healthy A. Schoebel on the other side all year, I think we have the type of T-2 LB's & DB's to be very successful on defense. IMO, we saw a lot of upgrades defensively last year -untill injuries exposed sub-par reserves.

Here's to hope! :wallbash:

Wow, that's a very inspiring interview! Hopefully it translates out onto the field.

I was also impressed with that McCargo interview. He had every opportunity to make excuses, but didn't. Hopefully playing at a lower weight and working with Bob Sanders helps him become a productive member.

Dammit! Thankfully Scribo knows what he's doing with the link, so please click on his as it's a good interview with our #1 pick.

If his speed is for real, we could be an imposing defense with Schoebel on the other side. :thumbsup:

Schobel has 7.5 sacks over the last 2 years and will be entering his 9th season with an injury that is still not 100% healed.

I am somewhat skeptical that coupling an undersized rookie with a fading, wounded vet is going to result in our having an "imposing" defense. Realistically, Maybin is here to replace Schobel more than to play with him.

I am hoping that Schobel recovers and has some fight left in him but it simply is not realistic to think that he has more than a couple good years left in him. We don't even know if Maybin will be on the field save for obvious passing situations given his size and vulnerability to the run. By the time Maybin is ready to make an impact, Schobel will likely be gone.

Maybin is an exciting prospect and given our situation, we pretty much had no choice but to take a chance on him. I don't want to see people draping him with unreasonable expectations in his first year. I won't be disappointed if he defense is not "imposing" this year. It'd be nice though.

Wow, that's a very inspiring interview! Hopefully it translates out onto the field.

I was also impressed with that McCargo interview. He had every opportunity to make excuses, but didn't. Hopefully playing at a lower weight and working with Bob Sanders helps him become a productive member.

Words = 0

Mike Williams gave great interviews.

Words = 0

Mike Williams gave great interviews.

Mike Williams gave entertaining interviews. He never said anything close to what Maybin did. But it's true that the words mean nothing without backing it up, and that's why I said "hopefully it translates to the field."

And Schobel is 100%.