Most Haunting Song

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jayzuss.....I mean ..I never heard of the guy Noack...obviously musically talented. But what kinda lyrics are those?? I don't get the point.After one murder i think we get the point. creepy.

Yes, I think that is what makes it "truly creepy", rather than "pho-creepy". The song was recorded around 1961, right around the time that America was becoming more aware of the serial killer phenomenon...just the sombre tone, the kind of eerie vocals just send chills down your spine, like the best scary movie...this one goes on any real Halloween compilation. I own an original pressing of the 45. It goes for big dollars in some circles, truly an underground, cult classic...

Gary Jules does an incredible cover of 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears....

It sends chills down my spine. Too bad Adam Lambert had to ruin it on American Idol...

It was used amazingly in the Gears of Wars commercial.

One of my favorite songs (from one of my favorite movies). I just looked up the Adam Lambert version. Very different, and I like Jules' version better, but I wouldn't say he ruined it. Somewhere in between the Jules and Tears for Fears version (which I really don't like)