Could all eight Jaguars home games be blacked out?

Lori

Living 2 hrs from Jax, Jags fans and their following are entirely non-existant. College football is huge, and as was mentioned earlier, even here in tallahassee people are primarily fins and buccs fans.

Jax will sell out their games however. They'll sell tickets to the 64 season ticket holders, 34,936 to opposing fans, and then they'll sell 15,000 to black tarps.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Floridans are not known for common sense, school system or their strong support of professional football. People move to Florida to have their brains baked out to senility.

Based on your posts, you must have lived in florida an extremely long time then. Before they put you back in your straight jacket, make sure they wipe off your chin so the drool doesn't short out the keyboard for the next looney's 15 minutes of weekly internet access.

I knew you were delusional, but the capitalized part pretty much makes you certifiable. The Jags don't even have a following in their own city. To make the claim that they have a bigger following than the Bills is sheer lunacy. And the city will be powerless to stop the team from moving, just like every other city (who actually supported their team) couldn't stop their team from moving. But the difference is that a new team won't be arriving at a later date.

why dont you read why I said again... Im not talking about the jags...im talking about anykind of football in general...when theres 20,000 people at a high school football game im pretty sure its safe to say that they like football..and the college atmosphere around here is absolutley redicoulous

That franchise is a joke. The league ALREADY lets them skate around the blackout rules. I guarantee the Jags are on TV all 8 times because the owners want it to be that way. They'll find a new way to game the rules or just tarp over 10 or 20 thousand more seats.

The fact that they get to tarp over seats at al is a crime. The NFL need to learn that a passionate fan base is an asset. Threatening to move teams out of markets like Buffalo is risky beccause there is no guarantee that the new city (read LA) will support the team in the same way. I know corporate money matters but that will ebb and flow also.

I absolutley know for a fact the the bills game and the texans game where on tv........

Not in 2007, they weren't. Last year was the first Bills game of the four in Jacksonville to be televised in the home team's market. And arguing that Jacksonville is a great football market, just not for the Jaguars, actually proves our point: the team is doomed to play perennial second fiddle to the Gators. That's why nobody ever put a team in Columbus -- the largest city in Ohio, IIRC -- and why L.A. doesn't really care if it gets another one.

From last September: half empty Jags stadium?

Floridans are not known for common sense, school system or their strong support of professional football. People move to Florida to have their brains baked out to senility.

LOL :thumbsup:

Not in 2007, they weren't. Last year was the first Bills game of the four in Jacksonville to be televised in the home team's market. And arguing that Jacksonville is a great football market, just not for the Jaguars, actually proves our point: the team is doomed to play perennial second fiddle to the Gators. That's why nobody ever put a team in Columbus -- the largest city in Ohio, IIRC -- and why L.A. doesn't really care if it gets another one.

From last September: half empty Jags stadium?

nice post... your exactly right..but i thought you meant last year..no games where blackedout last year