Pro Football Weekly

They absolutely did NOT agree to it as a bargaining chip. In fact, some of the players wanted to include even harsher punishment, including a three-strikes-and-you're out provision:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7031402709.html

It was my understanding at the time of the new CBA, that a harsher personal conduct policy was going to be implemented, and the players agreed to it because of the generosity of the owners when it came to paying them more money. And this was more a vision that Goodell seized-upon and late NFLPA director Gene Upshaw shared. We'll see if DeMaurice Smith and the rest of the players shares the same vision, after the owners come calling for their 5% back.

Nonsense - it will be reduced to one game, or possibly to just a stern warning, because Lynch already said he's really sorry and that he won't do it again.

Why is it nonsense? Just because that's your opinion?

We don't know anything about the process or why it might be different from any other player's appeal. Nothing would be surprising. Could go either way.

Oh, as I read it again, I sense sarcasm. OK.

do you agree? He says it will be a major upset to get it reduced. I just don't understand how Marshall could get his reduced to 1 but Lynch has to stay at 3.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...9/afc051709.htm

Yeah, I mean, Marshawn never inhaled, right?? How unfair that horrible commissioner is. You can't even smoke a joint in the privacy of your own Mercedes on a public street in broad daylight with an unlicensed gun in the glove compartment less then a year after running over a stupid pedestrian with your SUV these days! How is a young stud athlete supposed to have any fun anymore playing in the "NoFunLeague."???

Yeah, I mean, Marshawn never inhaled, right?? How unfair that horrible commissioner is. You can't even smoke a joint in the privacy of your own Mercedes on a public street in broad daylight with an unlicensed gun in the glove compartment less then a year after running over a stupid pedestrian with your SUV these days! How is a young stud athlete supposed to have any fun anymore playing in the "NoFunLeague."???

Smoke what joint?