Happiness is.............

You know why you are sort of right? Some people who have to give become unhappy. Me personally, I won't become unhappy no matter how much I have to give. It won't beat down my spirit.

The reason people like yourself don't understand and completely misinterpret the message from people like me is because the premise of my thinking makes no sense to you.

I prefer to choose what I want to do with my life, and will gladly suffer or enjoy the consequences of my own decisions. You, on the other hand, apparently believe that by telling everyone what to do and how best to live, you reduce the collective chances of bad consequences by reducing the amount that people need to think and act on their own. Unfortunately, you also reduce the chances of individually great consequences while enabling people who might be better off, personally and collectively, suffering their own consequences.

We will never see eye to eye on virtually anything political based on this very obvious, yet very simple difference in philosophy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to choose what I want to do with my life, and will gladly suffer or enjoy the consequences of my own decisions.

That is very admireable, but it is never going to truly happen... You will have to answer to someone at certain times.

That is why I left you with some Frost (that you so conveniently left out of this reply :thumbsup: ):

Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with.

Why did you leave it out? I have a feeling it doesn't fit your preconceived ideas. Kind of a sticky point, because by what you said about me (below) just doesn't hold water. That being, you are so dead wrong by saying this:

You, on the other hand, apparently believe that by telling everyone what to do and how best to live, you reduce the collective chances of bad consequences by reducing the amount that people need to think and act on their own.

You and your ilk are just incorrigible, you will listen to nobody, no how.

Again, take a little Frost from this and you will understand that you can still make it over in your own way and still be very happy. You will be giving into nobody. Your quote below is right with regards to talking about that Frost quote:

"We will never see eye to eye on virtually anything political based on this very obvious, yet very simple difference in philosophy."

Nobody can get you to accept anything if they are not on your terms first. :lol: