Serious question on the gay marriage issue

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except with the cult of :DGlobal Warming® Climate Change® :ph34r:

Just because a group says you can't disagree doesn't make it so. I find the gay marriage issue to be one of the scariest of our time- as I find it to be very religous based. Society should never, ever be based on religion. A very good movie that was released about a week ago points out why.

Because if people find the gay gene, then they likely will use it as a reason to abort their zygots. Just as many use it to kill their down child, their out of wedlock children, etc.. I applaud you for caring and lovin your children no matter what. There are too many people in this world who will use whatever excuse to rid themselves of problems , and yes having a gay child is a problem in society. You ever see the movie Gatica?

You're logic should really be documented. It is so amazing assinine sometimes that I really feel other people outside of TBD are really missing out here. sh--

Some day he and his ilk will be dead. The anti-gay marriage crowd is an almost exclusively 40+ year old group--people under 40 see this as a non-issue for the most part. Furthermore, as much as I loved my grandfathers, it's mixed with a profound sense of shame because one was an unabashed racist. EII has that in his future as well.

I am open to change. I never said that I NEVER can accept that change. I just don't think it is right and there should be societal limits. It isn't a great idea to force unacceptable social mores on the bulk of society that just doesn't accept them. We will see if what you say is true. ??

Oh... And the Quaker crack... My bad, I was thinking Shaker... :w00t: Didn't they bury men and woman in separate graveyards? :thumbsup::bag:

There seems to be a strong correlation between H-Y antigens and birth-order and the likelihood of

male homosexuality. Basically younger fraternal brothers have a higher propensity to be homosexual.

Still an open debate....but basically the theory is more male babies have a cumulative inoculating effect against

more heterosexual male babies in the uterus.

http://www.pnas.org/content/103/28/10771.full.pdf

Evolutionarily speaking it is of interest. Perhaps a survival mechanism to prevent younger and weaker males from

violence in the reproductive pool. Seems to make more sense than a gene theory among a population generally not predisposed to the procreative act.

Interesting.

On another note, did read what the country of China mught be facing after years of policy that ridded females from the culture? Down right scary.

So today Dick Cheney comes out in support of gay marriage (if on a state level, not a federal mandate). Does anyone anywhere think that if his daughter wasn't gay that this would be his stance? That goes pretty far IMO showing what a farce the entire argument against it is.

So today Dick Cheney comes out in support of gay marriage (if on a state level, not a federal mandate). Does anyone anywhere think that if his daughter wasn't gay that this would be his stance? That goes pretty far IMO showing what a farce the entire argument against it is.

So Dick Cheney who you and many others on your side, has been wrong about everything his whole life according to you. Now that he comes out in line with your thinking is right? Maybe he's wrong about this too.

Are you proposing a hypothetical? I checked google news and came up empty on this story.

See that is the thing... So what if his child chooses to be gay, why should he change his stance? He can still support her and accept her and hold his beliefs.

And what I highlighted in blue is the "Kennedy syndrome"... A.K.A: "Support your child no matter what you think, even change your beliefs to benefit your child." Or: "My child is golden, defend them at all cost, no matter what they do and choose."

Now, don't confuse what I say with actually rejecting your child... That is a whole different thing.

And yes (red)... It is a farce in how DC thinks about it.

If his daughter wasn't gay, he'd probably be against it. But then, I know plenty of gays who are against it. I feel comfortable in saying that this is yet another one of those issues where the extremes frame the debate, and the rest of the country is sitting back thinking "What the !@#$ is wrong with you people?"

So Dick Cheney who you and many others on your side, has been wrong about everything his whole life according to you. Now that he comes out in line with your thinking is right? Maybe he's wrong about this too.

:wallbash::beer:

Maybe he hold zero beliefs and sticks up for his children no matter what they do?

If my child was an ax murderer, I would still love them and accept them... I wouldn't defend them. Ya, they would (I hope) be in jail somewhere. Same thing with being gay (of course I don't advocate locking them)... No reason to distance them in this situation and not love them... Of course they would know where the norm lies and what my beliefs were... There is no hate or disdain.

I look at it like anybody can be gay or straight. People have always said:

"When did you choose to be straight?"

Easy. People choose to conform or not conform in many different ways... And some make this choice early as person becomes a teen. I just don't buy the biological part until it is totally proven.

Flame away. I know it is not PC.

Are you proposing a hypothetical? I checked google news and came up empty on this story.
"I think that freedom means freedom for everyone," replied the former VP. "As many of you know, one of my daughters is gay, and it is something we have lived with for a long time in our family. I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish. The question of whether or not there ought to be a federal statute to protect this, I don't support. I do believe that ... historically the way marriage has been regulated is at the state level. It has always been a state issue and I think that is the way it ought to be handled, on a state-by-state basis. ... But I don't have any problem with that. People ought to get a shot at that."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/060..._Obama_but.html

!@#$ you, you !@#$ing !@#$.

:wallbash::beer:

Me so sorry.

I should have said:

Dicky C.

You can continue to curse me out anyway... It is okay... I am racist, hypocritical bigoted, coward... And all those other good names people love to throw out to get one to conform to their beliefs. Hey, with that... I can respect the gays for not conforming. But, one still has to live by what you are asked to accept.

:P

No, you have been wrong about everything, including this. Cheney has been wrong about a lot of things. He would be wrong about this, too, but having a gay daughter who convinced him that it wasn't her "choice", made him come to his senses.

I look at it like anybody can be gay or straight. People have always said:

"When did you choose to be straight?"

Easy. People choose to conform or not conform in many different ways... And some make this choice early as person becomes a teen. I just don't buy the biological part until it is totally proven.

You were born straight so everyone must be. What a stellar argument.

By that theory, we'd all be as ignorant as you--or wait--maybe you choose to be ignorant.

Whether it's a choice or genetic, why do you insert yourself in someone's right to title their union with the word "marriage?" Why support legal action over a word? What harm comes to you?

What if they called it "union in the eyes of a Christian god"? Or "Joined-by-Jesus"?

You were born straight so everyone must be. What a stellar argument.

By that theory, we'd all be as ignorant as you--or wait--maybe you choose to be ignorant.

Whether it's a choice or genetic, why do you insert yourself in someone's right to title their union with the word "marriage?" Why support legal action over a word? What harm comes to you?

What if they called it "union in the eyes of a Christian god"? Or "Joined-by-Jesus"?

No. I was not born straight. Now with that, there is no reason why I couldn't have been gay... Did I just say that? Not that is bad, I think you know what I mean? Hey no wise cracks! I am not struggling with any issues and never have, well at least up to this age at least... Who knows what life brings.

Again, it is about rules and norms... Standards.

Wow... Start all the fun at my expense!

You continue to assert sexual preference is a choice, yet you have yet to discuss how you made your choice.

You continue to assert sexual preference is a choice, yet you have yet to discuss how you made your choice.

I made my choice to conform to the norm around the time a person matures... Who knows what would have happened if I was exposed to other things? :wallbash: There is nothing wrong with choosing to be gay... It is what you grow up and choose. Of course I was exposed to a hetero-life as the norm. I chose the norm around the time one starts to enjoy the companionship of others. People (as I was) are influenced by society. Some will mock me, people are NEITHER straight nor gay... Call me a lemming, hetero life is the predominant social more.

This leads to another question. With more the acceptance of gay lifestyles, we should see the number of gays rising. And I strongly disagree it is because of "coming out of the closet issues" and that those feelings were always there. IMO, it has to do with social acceptance of the gay lifestyle being the norm.