Serious question on the gay marriage issue

Maybe I have the wrong movie. It's about babies that can only be born to the right people and only with the proper genes. Otherwise they are aborted or relegated to sweeping floors. Ability has nothing to do with it, it is DNA and genes only.

Gattaca:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gattaca

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if people find the gay gene, then they likely will use it as a reason to abort their zygots. Just as many use it to kill their down child, their out of wedlock children, etc.. I applaud you for caring and lovin your children no matter what. There are too many people in this world who will use whatever excuse to rid themselves of problems , and yes having a gay child is a problem in society. You ever see the movie Gatica?

You hear people say that all they want is for the baby to have 10 fingers and 10 toes, but the reality of it is, once the baby is born there is an undying love for the infant.

More and more young people today are more accepting.

I will agree that there are too many, but too many is not the majority.

IF more than 1 % of people will abort a baby because it has a gay gene... then maybe they should not be allowed to breed.

Do you really believe people will abort a baby because it has a gay gene?

You hear people say that all they want is for the baby to have 10 fingers and 10 toes, but the reality of it is, once the baby is born there is an undying love for the infant.

Dude.. come on wake up, this is America and we are in the 21st century. More and more young people today are more accepting.

I will agree that there are too many, but too many is not the majority.

And you are wrong.

Because if people find the gay gene, then they likely will use it as a reason to abort their zygots. Just as many use it to kill their down child, their out of wedlock children, etc.. I applaud you for caring and lovin your children no matter what. There are too many people in this world who will use whatever excuse to rid themselves of problems , and yes having a gay child is a problem in society. You ever see the movie Gatica?

Zygot, huh?

How many people do you know that abort their zygot(sic) in the first few days of a pregnancy? Because after that time it's no longer a zygot(sic).

Maybe I have the wrong movie. It's about babies that can only be born to the right people and only with the proper genes. Otherwise they are aborted or relegated to sweeping floors. Ability has nothing to do with it, it is DNA and genes only.

They end up eating them.

Soylent Gay Gene

Zygot, huh?

How many people do you know that abort their zygot(sic) in the first few days of a pregnancy? Because after that time it's no longer a zygot(sic).

According to Tom and many others it is. To me it's a baby, second 1 of conception.

Zygot, huh?

Genetic screening for Zygotes is going to require some very quick hands before that sucker becomes a blastocyst.

If the zygote decides to be gay at the blastocyst stage.........then there are some tough parenting decisions to be made :cry:

According to Tom and many others it is. To me it's a baby, second 1 of conception.

So there are people who can and choose to abort their pregnancy within a couple of days of conception? How do they, pray tell, even know they have conceived and they are pregnant within a few days of conception, prior to implantation?

Genetic screening for Zygotes is going to require some very quick hands before that sucker becomes a blastocyst.

If the zygote decides to be gay at the blastocyst stage.........then there are some tough parenting decisions to be made :cry:

Great. As if embryonic stem cells weren't controversial enough, now we have to deal with gay stem cells?

So there are people who can and choose to abort their pregnancy within a couple of days of conception? How do they, pray tell, even know they have conceived and they are pregnant within a few days of conception, prior to implantation?

Trick question. A woman isn't pregnant prior to implantation. That's why the "morning-after pill" is contraception.\

VA..."fetus", not "baby". A baby is a born fetus.

Great. As if embryonic stem cells weren't controversial enough, now we have to deal with gay stem cells?

Oh great that'll be just my luck. I'll get in an accident and be paralized and they'll use stem cells to heal me. I'll be the one to get the gay cells.

Oh great that'll be just my luck. I'll get in an accident and be paralized and they'll use stem cells to heal me. I'll be the one to get the gay cells.

It could be worse....you could get blinded and get totally gay corneas.

Imagine how the world would look then...

Thats the good thing about this country- its ok to disagree. The more ideas that are floated around, the smarter everyone has the chance to be.....if they don't watch too much tv.

It could be worse....you could get blinded and get totally gay corneas.

Imagine how the world would look then...

Oh I don't know, it would be kind of like looking at the world through fuschia colored glasses. Everything would look just fabulous and stunning. Just as long as my brain would interpret the sight of a beautiful woman as someone who's bones I'd like to jump then I think I'd be ok with it.

Oh I don't know, it would be kind of like looking at the world through fuschia colored glasses. Everything would look just fabulous and stunning. Just as long as my brain would interpret the sight of a beautiful woman as someone who's bones I'd like to jump then I think I'd be ok with it.

:ph34r: