Aggravatingly stupid people

Acantha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, in your case I would ask every time, just so i could really see if that was really your last name.... :devil:

no ones every checked mine.....its weird it happens in some places and not in others.....

Now in some places, I have been asked for my ID.....and I thank them for doing that......I'd rather someone ask for my ID than my signature

a buddy of mine once was signing his bill at a restaurant, and he looks at the waitress and asks her, while pointing to the back of the card....can you tell me, is this a "j" or an "m"(or something to that effect)...it was very funny...the waitress was pretty clueless and didnt catch on

Seeing how Visa (etc...) is not supposed to be transferable... I was amazed when I used my wife's debit card (I was getting a new one... Same checking account)... I said to the cashier: "It's my wife's." They asked me for ID because I opened my mouth expecting a problem. They let the purchase go through. I guess nobody gives a hoot. I had my paper checkbook ready just in case.

Merchant's don't care about debit cards because they're not on the hook for any fraud committed with it, as they are with credit cards.

A debit card is an ACH transaction directly against the associated checking account, rather than an extension of credit, and the the $50 maximum liability doesn't apply. Keep those debit cards secure, folks...

Dude, all your problems can be solved with one of those debit cards with your picture on them.

BTW, in this instance I think you were more the aggravatingly stupid person than the clerk was.

Seriously? How late are you to this thread??

I've already said I was in the wrong on this...at least as it pertains to the clerk. She was following guidelines. Though I still think the rule is far more stupid than I was in this case.

How'd you pay for the wine at the wine shop if you didn't have cash, and didn't sign your card?

I've had my card that way for over 5 years. This is the first time it's come up. And I don't plan on changing it either. I would still rather have them check my ID than take a quick glance at a signature that means nothing.

Only difference is, if they tell me it has to be signed I'll just pay another way and shut up. :thumbdown:

I've had my card that way for over 5 years. This is the first time it's come up. And I don't plan on changing it either. I would still rather have them check my ID than take a quick glance at a signature that means nothing.

Only difference is, if they tell me it has to be signed I'll just pay another way and shut up. :thumbdown:

I have " ID ME " on the back of my cards too. :sick:

Seriously? How late are you to this thread??

I've already said I was in the wrong on this...at least as it pertains to the clerk. She was following guidelines. Though I still think the rule is far more stupid than I was in this case.

Who wants to read your long boring thread? You should feel privileged that I commented on it.