African American Muslims

_BiB_

Sometimes, when I'm playing golf, I put my golf bag in the front seat of the cart and have one of my golfing buddies drive to the next tee box while I stand on the back holding on, pretending to be like a fireman and stuff.  But don't tell anyone, it would be kinda' embarassing if people found out.

104259[/snapback]

You golf? We'll have to find a course halfway between and go sometime.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get flamed by the do-good tree huggers, but this is not in the least racial.

A somewhat new tactic is trying to recruit non-arab looking people for intell gathering and operatives. A portion of the African-American community has converted to Islam.

From what I understand, there is a lot of this going on within the prison system. I'm pretty certain there is some discontent within that particular population group.

What are the forums feelings on AQ and the like possibly recruiting young muslim African-American ex-cons into the fold? I see it as a fairly brilliant strategic move.

I think this country has made great strides in addressing racism. Kills two birds with one stone. One could have operatives running around that "fit in" and wouldn't be noticed, and at the same time re-ignite racial tensions in America.

A weapon is a weapon.

Thoughts?

104050[/snapback]

I was thinking of this post, and it's pretty damn scary. Tactically strong, but more than a little unsettling all the same.

One of the things that hasn't happened yet (that we know), is a terrorist getting onto the continent via Central or South America, and making their way north and crossing the border from Mexico. Barring recent changes, I know that's a poorly controlled border (I know a guy who does border patrol down there).

I know that if we were the geographic equivalent of Belgium it'd be a helluva' lot easier to secure our borders more effectively, but as GG (?) alluded to above, we must do a better job of securing our coasts and borders.

I just don't believe that the war on terrorism is truly winnable, ie, the elimination of all terrorist threats to Americans on American soil is unachievable. :P

I was thinking of this post, and it's pretty damn scary.  Tactically strong, but more than a little unsettling all the same.

One of the things that hasn't happened yet (that we know), is a terrorist getting onto the continent via Central or South America, and making their way north and crossing the border from Mexico.  Barring recent changes, I know that's a poorly controlled border (I know a guy who does border patrol down there).

I know that if we were the geographic equivalent of Belgium it'd be a helluva' lot easier to secure our borders more effectively, but as GG (?) alluded to above, we must do a better job of securing our coasts and borders.

That's why I don't believe that the war on terrorism is truly winnable, ie, the elimination of all terrorist threats to Americans on American soil is unachievable.   :P

104506[/snapback]

I disagree. I am not sure it will be easy, but just like here, people are more civil and less prone to lash out if they have something to look forward to. If all you have is a goat to !@#$, living in the desert, can't grow anything, then you are going to be a miserable son of a B word. But if you have a job, a mall to go to to look at the college chicks, and you're eating filet mignon, then you are less likely to want to blow up the mall.

That I think is the vision here. Just a guess. But democracy and yes capitalism do wonders for ones outlook on life. All we need to do is the rid of the enablers and we are good to go. Just look at this country and this board. We have some who's outlook on life is miserable, and other who make the best of things.

I disagree.  I am not sure it will be easy, but just like here, people are more civil and less prone to lash out if they have something to look forward to.  If all you have is a goat to !@#$, living in the desert, can't grow anything, then you are going to be a miserable son of a B word.  But if you have a job, a mall to go to to look at the college chicks, and you're eating filet mignon, then you are less likely to want to blow up the mall. 

That I think is the vision here.  Just a guess.  But democracy and yes capitalism do wonders for ones outlook on life.  All we need to do is the rid of the enablers and we are good to go.  Just look at this country and this board.  We have some who's outlook on life is miserable, and other who make the best of things.

104508[/snapback]

I really hope you're right. The alternative isn't pretty.

Explains the firetruck thing then.

104509[/snapback]

I wonder which one of them does the siren?

I wouldn't be too quick to discount entering the southern border, but the northern border is a much bigger problem.

But, we are talking a potential enemy within, here. And we aren't talking suicide bombers. The cell that did the mission in Spain threw several new wrinkles into how AQ conducts operations. They have a national database of sex offenders, maybe there should be a database on domestic radicals, not just organizations. Maybe there is one, I don't know. But here we go into ACLU land. Our very freedoms hurt our protection to an incredible degree. I think it's almost a miracle (and some damn fine work by persons unknown) that we haven't been hit again yet.

I wonder which one of them does the siren?

I wouldn't be too quick to discount entering the southern border, but the northern border is a much bigger problem.

But, we are talking a potential enemy within, here. And we aren't talking suicide bombers. The cell that did the mission in Spain threw several new wrinkles into how AQ conducts operations. They have a national database of sex offenders, maybe there should be a database on domestic radicals, not just organizations. Maybe there is one, I don't know. But here we go into ACLU land. Our very freedoms hurt our protection to an incredible degree. I think it's almost a miracle (and some damn fine work by persons unknown) that we haven't been hit again yet.

104514[/snapback]

I agree and BIB that is the short term. But long term is ensuring there are no more enablers. The results won't be seen for a generation if it works. All we can do now is hunker down and hope the Homeland guys do their jobs.

Another scary thing is 50 years from now. Think before you reply folks. In 50 years or so the middle east is going to run out or run very low on oil. They have no other economic value. If these guys don't start reinventing themselves and bring something else to the table, things will be a thousand times worse than it is now. We, the US, are trying to bring other methods of economic stability there, no it isn't about the oil. Those methods have got to start being effective now. Otherwise the ME is going to really start geting desperate and the enablers will double or triple their effects before their source of money runs out.

Explains the firetruck thing then.

104509[/snapback]

We were playing in a best ball fundraiser at Ford's Colony in Williamsburg. My partner Ed was/is pretty good, so we were playing pretty quickly.

We couldn't play through, and after the 3rd hole of waiting (people ahead of us didn't understand the concept of best ball) we started pounding beer. By the 17th, We were ripped, and I got my ride on the firetruck. The marshall wasn't terribly impressed, but given the amount of crap he saw people doing (carts on greens, not raking hazzards, driving at a par 3 while the team ahead was on the green, you know the drill), he didn't say much to me. Just shook his head and rolled his eyes. Ed's wife (Teresa's boss) had to drive up from Va Bch and get us home. On the way home, I think we were somewhere around Newport News when she expressed the desire "to choke your drunk asses."

I agree and BIB that is the short term.  But long term is ensuring there are no more enablers.  The results won't be seen for a generation if it works.  All we can do now is hunker down and hope the Homeland guys do their jobs. 

Another scary thing is 50 years from now.  Think before you reply folks.  In 50 years or so the middle east is going to run out or run very low on oil.  They have no other economic value.  If these guys don't start reinventing themselves and bring something else to the table, things will be a thousand times worse than it is now.  We, the US, are trying to bring other methods of economic stability there, no it isn't about the oil.  Those methods have got to start being effective now.  Otherwise the ME is going to really start geting desperate and the enablers will double or triple their effects before their source of money runs out.

104518[/snapback]

I'm one of those guys that buys into desperation causing more terrorism than the religious aspects. IMO, the religious aspects only serve to "justify" it and galvanize them, makes it true believers vs infidels.

If in 50 years there's no more oil, that's going to make for an awful lot of desperate people.

I agree and BIB that is the short term.  But long term is ensuring there are no more enablers.  The results won't be seen for a generation if it works.  All we can do now is hunker down and hope the Homeland guys do their jobs. 

Another scary thing is 50 years from now.  Think before you reply folks.  In 50 years or so the middle east is going to run out or run very low on oil.  They have no other economic value.  If these guys don't start reinventing themselves and bring something else to the table, things will be a thousand times worse than it is now.  We, the US, are trying to bring other methods of economic stability there, no it isn't about the oil.  Those methods have got to start being effective now.  Otherwise the ME is going to really start geting desperate and the enablers will double or triple their effects before their source of money runs out.

104518[/snapback]

If allowed to form their Caliphate, they can just TAKE other peoples resources. Plus, under the strictist version of Taliban-like Islam, they don't need much anyway. It's perfectly acceptable to them to have everyone living like it was 400 years ago. They have a very real problem, though. Other than oil, they don't have anything else to bring to the table. The oil is what will fuel the fight and give them hold over Europe and Asia for the next 25 years, at least.

The entire economy of the world is based on oil. Russia is going to have to figure into this somewhere, as they have the largest untapped reserves in the world, next to Saudi Arabia.

Maybe this thread will help a few to begin to understand why "Nation Building" is, at this point in time a needed tactic. I think that there are people within our government who "get it", and aren't thinking of the world in terms of right now, they are looking at it in terms of 20 years from now. People actually do plan that far ahead. I've seen transformational studies for the DOD that talk in terms of the year 2020.

I think the next four years are going to be very interesting, to say the least.

I'm one of those guys that buys into desperation causing more terrorism than the religious aspects.  IMO, the religious aspects only serve to "justify" it and galvanize them, makes it true believers vs infidels. 

If in 50 years there's no more oil, that's going to make for an awful lot of desperate people.

104521[/snapback]

Which I believe, and which is why we, the US are doing things now, rather than waiting. I also believe France, Germany and the UN are criminal in knowing this and not helping. They are worried about today and how to make a quick buck, rather than worrying about the world in 50 years.

If allowed to form their Caliphate,

104522[/snapback]

Help me out here. I thought caliphates were the 4 "Guided Ones" who succeeded Mohammed?

I likened the caliphate to Christianity's 12 Disciples - Are they trying to implement themselves as the "13th Disciple" so-to-speak? Or am I off base in my understanding of caliphates?

Which I believe, and which is why we, the US are doing things now, rather than waiting.  I also believe France, Germany and the UN are criminal in knowing this and not helping.  They are worried about today and how to make a quick buck, rather than worrying about the world in 50 years.

104523[/snapback]

This is why Iraq is key. And Khoffi doesn't want us blowing up poor old Fallujah. That happy little coalition of pirates want this mess to go on as long as possible, because it allows them that much more time to undermine anything we and our allies try to do. Every day we bleed is another day for them, and for the uprising of protest within our own nations.

Ice talks about the economy. Ice, if you are out there this IS about the economy. If this doesn't work out right, there won't even be one in ten years.

Help me out here.  I thought caliphates were the 4 "Guided Ones" who succeeded Mohammed?

I likened the caliphate to Christianity's 12 Disciples - Are they trying to implement themselves as the "13th Disciple" so-to-speak? Or am I off base in my understanding of caliphates?

104524[/snapback]

It is their word for their vision, borrowed, which can be also called the "Pan-Islamic State". The goal of this entire fiasco is to unseat the Saudi Royal family, topple the moderate regimes and form a fundamental islamic state throughout the entire middle east with Jerusalem as it's capital.

I'm one of those guys that buys into desperation causing more terrorism than the religious aspects.  IMO, the religious aspects only serve to "justify" it and galvanize them, makes it true believers vs infidels. 

104521[/snapback]

Campy, sounds like you may be willing to accept the premise that this war is more than a wild stab by Bush & neocons to assert US imperialism.

It is their word for their vision, borrowed, which can be also called the "Pan-Islamic State". The goal of this entire fiasco is to unseat the Saudi Royal family, topple the moderate regimes and form a fundamental islamic state throughout the entire middle east with Jerusalem as it's capital.

104527[/snapback]

Thanks.

Campy, sounds like you may be willing to accept the premise that this war is more than a wild stab by Bush & neocons to assert US imperialism.

104529[/snapback]

You know, there may be "a bit" more to this than I previously thought...

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I was wrong.