What is the possibility of using Rhodes as a FB option?

With three very good running backs my question is what do you think of the possibility of utilizing rhodes as a FB or in the FB slot as a Dual RB option? I am not saying he is to be used as a blocker. But more as an option of trickery where he could be the one running the ball instead of ML or Jackson or as another receiveing option in the back field?

Just wanted to get some feelers on this.

With three very good running backs my question is what do you think of the possibility of utilizing rhodes as a FB or in the FB slot as a Dual RB option? I am not saying he is to be used as a blocker. But more as an option of trickery where he could be the one running the ball instead of ML or Jackson or as another receiveing option in the back field?

I would say the odds of that are slim. We have a true FB on the roster still in McIntyre (unless the current roster is wrong) and once Lynch comes back after 3 I think the team will split the carries with whoever (Rhodes or Jackson) established themselves during his suspension.

I also don't think the Bills will use many dual RB sets this year with all their receiving options I would bet on a lot of spread formations with singleback sets.

I think it is certainly possible. However, if we did that, I'm sure we'd use Jackson instead of Rhodes (we even did a little of that last year, I'll never forget that Charger game where we ran a sweep around the end with Marshawn, Fred was the lead blocker and literally plastered Quentin Jammer on his ass).

I think it is certainly possible. However, if we did that, I'm sure we'd use Jackson instead of Rhodes (we even did a little of that last year, I'll never forget that Charger game where we ran a sweep around the end with Marshawn, Fred was the lead blocker and literally plastered Quentin Jammer on his ass).

Literally?

I can see the Bills putting 2 running backs in the game at the same time. Wouldn't be shocking to have a RB and HB in the backfield. So, I guess the answer to your question is....It's possible...

My favorite play of all last season.

Was this the play where Marshawn ran over to "Head" after scoring, gave him the ball and picked him up? Either way...awesome play.

I'm going to have say that since the arrest of McIntyre, the Bills could decide to cut McIntyre and go with Jackson or Rhodes leading the way for Lynch...course this is all dependent on whether McIntyre is guilty or not...Cutting McIntyre would save a spot for another player tho...the Bills have a lot of WR's and DB's to decide on to keep and cut...we'll have to see

I can see this two back formation, especially with one of the backs offset. We have seen a resurgence of the single wing with all the wildcat last year, why not the wing T too?

It worked with jackson and lynch. jackson and rhodes is a better option.