Computer help

Dr. Fong

Whenever I use google or any other search engine I'm just taken to a page that sort of looks like google sponsored links, but has nothing to do with what I searched. On the bottom it says "transferring data to feed.peakclick.com" Both my anti-virus and ad-aware aren't detecting anything. Anyone know what's going on?

Whenever I use google or any other search engine I'm just taken to a page that sort of looks like google sponsored links, but has nothing to do with what I searched. On the bottom it says "transferring data to feed.peakclick.com" Both my anti-virus and ad-aware aren't detecting anything. Anyone know what's going on?

That's a tough one. I even doubt Sage's friend could lick it but you could ask.

I think you have this or some variation of it. http://www.f-secure.com/sw-desc/toolbar_w32_mostofate.shtml

These browser takeover crap are really hard to pinpoint and usually comes in the form of a toolbar add-on or something. If the link I sent you is the one you have you could probably get rid of it by deleting the registry keys associated with it. Or two free programs I recommend to everyone that are free are Lavasoft's Ad-Aware free version and Spybot search and destroy. This seems more like spyware and those are a solid place to start.

Spybot

Lavasoft Ad-Aware