DJ is an expensive coach, in one critical way

zazie

He is costing players that could be much better lots of money with his inept coaching and teaching. They never can get to where they would with a better coach, and the next contracts or lack of interest from other teams, is the result.

Of course if they suck but have a high motor, DJ is a blessing for them.

He is costing players that could be much better lots of money with his inept coaching and teaching. They never can get to where they would with a better coach, and the next contracts or lack of interest from other teams, is the result.

yeah, I mean look at how much money he's cost guys like Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Jason Peters, Marcus Stroud, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, and now Fred Jackson.

Terrible post.

yeah, I mean look at how much money he's cost guys like Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Jason Peters, Marcus Stroud, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, and now Fred Jackson.

Terrible post.

Trent Edwards, Roscoe, Lee, Poz, these are all guys that may never meet their real potential because they were so horribly coached in their formative years. Sorry, factual.

Terrible post.

agreed

agreed

Matt Cassel is average and just made a fortune, because he had good coaching. You really think Trent and Marshawn and especially Roscoe would not be much better utilized by havign a good coach? Instead of the bills offering the fastest guy around fr a 4th rounder and finding no takers, a few decent receiving years, he may be fishing for a big contract right now.

DJ is killing these guys.

Matt Cassel is average and just made a fortune, because he had good coaching. You really think Trent and Marshawn and especially Roscoe would not be much better utilized by havign a good coach? Instead of the bills offering the fastest guy around fr a 4th rounder and finding no takers, a few decent receiving years, he may be fishing for a big contract right now.

DJ is killing these guys.

i'd say the jury is still out on Cassel.. this year will prove whether he was good because of his own abilities or because of the system he was in

i'd say the jury is still out on Cassel.. this year will prove whether he was good because of his own abilities or because of the system he was in

ok maybe, but I think my point is still well illustrated. DJ is killing the talented guys, period. The untalented guys like Kelsay, he is a dream come true.

Trent Edwards, Roscoe, Lee, Poz, these are all guys that may never meet their real potential because they were so horribly coached in their formative years. Sorry, factual.

Two out of the four players you listed have cashed in big time on contract extensions. So your use of "factual" is not necessarily accurate.

Guest dog14787
Last time I checked, Greer is getting some good money as a Saint

DJ is a glorified DB coach and that surprises you? :flirt:

ok maybe, but I think my point is still well illustrated. DJ is killing the talented guys, period. The untalented guys like Kelsay, he is a dream come true.

I see your point but players sign for whatever the market dictates. Lee Evans has not been hurt at all. He may have been able to get more money if he became a FA but still signed a good contract for him. Some will say Roscoe is overpaid right now. Sounds like you are saying that players on poor teams are not going to get big contracts. That is just not true.

Also, I think Whitner and Lynch will have no problems cashing in when their contract is up. Wheather it's resigning with the Bills or signing with another team as a FA

Whitner is not getting what he could have gotten, had he played closer to the action and with more play making opportunities. Whitner is pretty average, don't think he will be getting big bucks. But maybe if he had been coached by Belichek or Cowher...

Guest dog14787
OK that is a good point. Exception to every rule.

Its not just an exception to the rule, its a product of our HC and I can guarantee you one thing if nothing else, while DJ remains head coach, we will have one of the best defensive backfields in the National Football league.

Lord only knows what his defense could do with a decent pass rush.

Its not an exception to the rule, its a product of our HC and I can guarantee you one thing if nothing else, while DJ remains head coach, we will have one of the best defensive backfields in the National Football league.

Dont think we have been one of the best. Maybe somewhat above average.

Guest dog14787
Dont think we have been one of the best. Maybe somewhat above average.

Give them some time together, I see lots of turnovers this year and its going to put fear into every QB that plays us because a couple of the guys intercepting the ball can and will bring it back all the way. :flirt:

Thank god because we absolutely needed another thread to whine about how much Jauron sucks. :flirt:

thank God for some posters who are trying really hard to ensure that this tedium-filled offseason will fly by in a flash

thank God for some posters who are trying really hard to ensure that this tedium-filled offseason will fly by in a flash

It is a beautiful, sunny day, and all is right with the world.