Dick Jauron's insistence on continuity

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He must be referring to continuity as in:

A combined record of 7-9 over 5 years in Chicago

Another three consecutive 7-9 clunkers in Buffalo.

There's certainly continuity there.....I'll give him that.

He must be referring to continuity as in:

A combined record of 7-9 over 5 years in Chicago

Another three consecutive 7-9 clunkers in Buffalo.

There's certainly continuity there.....I'll give him that.

Quit beating the dead horse...What good is it to yank the entire system and take another 3 years to implement an offense?

Quit beating the dead horse...What good is it to yank the entire system and take another 3 years to implement an offense?

You are absolutely correct! It is stupid to change things up no matter how scatterbrained Jauron is. Why would a team take a chance on getting a top notch coach when chances are they end up with someone only slightly better than Dick. I have faith that the continuity plan will yield continuity.

Agreed. We're much better off keeping the current broken, unworkable system and hoping it magically fixes itself.

I will absolutely NOT quit beating this horse until:

A) This team has at least a winning season with DJ as HC, or

B) He is replaced

Quit accepting sub mediocrity.

Excerpt: If I worked for the Bills (or if I were Schonert), I would attempt to pry tight end Daniel Graham away from the Broncos (Side note here The Broncos drafted a young blocking tight end, Richard Quinn, in the second round, possibly making Graham expendable). Graham's skills as a blocker would make this offense a significant factor in 2009. He would enhance the running game and allow them time to develop two new tackles (Langston Walker now at left and Kirk Chambers at right).

Interesting. He doesn't discount Nelson -doesn't acknowledge him, actually- just believes a known blocking threat will allow the new offense to flourish.

Doesn't say much for Fine or Schoumen either..

Hope he's right.

It has taken the Bills nearly 10 years to "implement and offense".

We have seen what this crew can do. How could it get worse if they all had disappeared after the last game ?

It has taken the Bills nearly 10 years to "implement and offense".

We have seen what this crew can do. How could it get worse if they all had disappeared after the last game ?

Uhh, 0-16 is much worse that 7-9. So, to answer your question, much worse. :flirt:

I'll say this. Loyalty is probably DJ's best and worst qualities and that's why his player and coaches respect him so much. He believes in the people around him and allows them time to try and correct mistakes. It's why he gives more time than necessary to guys like Anthony Thomas, Losman, and perhaps Kelsay. He also is very loyal to his assistants. I've worried why Jauron doesn't just go out and higher the best assistants out on the market becuase I have little doubt that they would love to work under a quality guy like DJ. There is little doubt IMO that DJ couldn't succeed in a Dungy-like role with someone completely overseeing the offense.

In regards to Turk, I really don't think he was that bad last year. He was very limited in having Reed as a #2 receiver and Royal as a tight end. The games Losman played in killed the offense's average because they were around middle of the pack in Trent's starts. Additionally, we say some very good moments from them (the comebacks and the Chiefs game). I think Turk will be a lot more successful now that he has better players. A crazy concept I know.