My review of last years rams/bills game

TSW memory is short. 2 years ago he was heaped with praise over how he was the best OLB in the league covering the pass, and his future as a star, assured...

I wouldn't go quite that far. I think most of that was based on that stupid article that used some meaningless formula to determine he was the "best" in the league at pass coverage. If I remember correctly I think the sample size of Ellison's stats used in that formula was comparatively small, making the conclusion even more suspect. I definitely remember a number of posters giving him a nice tongue bath after the article but I would imagine most people saw him as a temporary starter.

So lets look at this:

Ellison is a great backup and ST player, somewhat of a let down as a starter

+Pisa is a vet who is a solid tackler and playmaker as a starter

= Bills should sign Pisa

Agree with the conclusion but wouldn't call a 6th round pick a "let down" as a starter. Most players taken in the later rounds end up as depth players and anything else is gravy.

- Their biulds are similar

- Ellison takes horrible angles.....misses a lot of tackles......and gets pushed around.....he really is a liability on the field.

- Pia takes good angles and is all over the field.....but does not make BIG plays.......he is a good tackler and guys very seldom get away from him but a lot of his stuff IS downfield......he gets pushed around but does not give up on plays. He is not a star but is also not a liability on the field.

Dont overpay for Pisa.....but hope that someone does replace Ellison.

Yes, scouts only take a look at a select game for each player and base all their assumptions off that one game...impressive...

- Their biulds are similar

- Ellison takes horrible angles.....misses a lot of tackles......and gets pushed around.....he really is a liability on the field.

- Pia takes good angles and is all over the field.....but does not make BIG plays.......he is a good tackler and guys very seldom get away from him but a lot of his stuff IS downfield......he gets pushed around but does not give up on plays. He is not a star but is also not a liability on the field.

Dont overpay for Pisa.....but hope that someone does replace Ellison.

9 tackles that game.

I'll take that. I dont know what Big plays you want. Our offense was pretty bad that game.