Not surprisingly, Bills tickets are lowest priced

As I've said on this subject previously, if the secondary market can get higher prices than the Bills can, they should raise their prices NOW. That $90 price quoted in the story is $20 higher than the highest priced seat (not a club or suite seat) and that's on average. So that means that even if every seat sold was $70 seat, there was $20 in profit that Bills could get and it's likely higher average per seat since more cheaper seats are sold because scalpers and brokers bought what was available and that's usually cheaper upper deck and end zone seats typically in the $45-$65 range.

Bottomline: RW was in favor of the state changing it's scalping laws and what it has done is stolen the Bills ability to raise ticket prices and reap the rewards. Now, the secondary market has raised ticket prices and through just have that opportunity have reaped profits from the Bills being a valuable commodity.

RW = moron

As I've said on this subject previously, if the secondary market can get higher prices than the Bills can, they should raise their prices NOW. That $90 price quoted in the story is $20 higher than the highest priced seat (not a club or suite seat) and that's on average. So that means that even if every seat sold was $70 seat, there was $20 in profit that Bills could get and it's likely higher average per seat since more cheaper seats are sold because scalpers and brokers bought what was available and that's usually cheaper upper deck and end zone seats typically in the $45-$65 range.

Bottomline: RW was in favor of the state changing it's scalping laws and what it has done is stolen the Bills ability to raise ticket prices and reap the rewards. Now, the secondary market has raised ticket prices and through just have that opportunity have reaped profits from the Bills being a valuable commodity.

RW = moron

I have said many times, I would have no problem paying higher season ticket prices if it meant a better product on the field, not just more money in Wilson's pockets.

I have said many times, I would have no problem paying higher season ticket prices if it meant a better product on the field, not just more money in Wilson's pockets.

Seriously. I would imagine most season ticket holders would pay an extra $100 a year if we had a consistant winner. I know I wouldn't think twice about it. It's still hard to believe that my seats on about the 13 yardline 17 rows up run me $570 (i think) for the whole season! When I tell people from other cities that they look at me like I'm crazy. My fiance's aunt is dating a guy with 4 Panthers seasons on the 50 like 5 rows up. I wanna say he told me that they were like 35K or something. (honestly cant remember but it may have even been six figures).

Seriously. I would imagine most season ticket holders would pay an extra $100 a year if we had a consistant winner. I know I wouldn't think twice about it. It's still hard to believe that my seats on about the 13 yardline 17 rows up run me $570 (i think) for the whole season! When I tell people from other cities that they look at me like I'm crazy. My fiance's aunt is dating a guy with 4 Panthers seasons on the 50 like 5 rows up. I wanna say he told me that they were like 35K or something. (honestly cant remember but it may have even been six figures).

According to their website, those tickets are $1000 each. The PSL is $20,000 but this paid once. So, if your fiance's cousin's aunt's brother is paying "six figures" for 4 season tickets, he probably should check the authenticity of those tickets.

but would you pay double what you are paying today? that would bring the bills in line with the rest of the league. the vast majority of bills fans would not, and that is the problem... Ralph knows the one thing he cannot do is overprice his product relative to his market. his biz plan is to put a consistently reasonably competitive circus show together, everyone shows up to the circus when it comes to town 7 times per year as there is absolutely nothing else to do in the middle of October/November in buffalo (all other fall sports are less than minor league). ralph just needs to control his salary costs consistent with winning 7 or 8 games per year and all is good. It works. After the nightmare of 2008, more than 50,000 seats have AGAIN been sold... Ralph Wilson is a great business guy. And he kept the team in Buff when he's had a hundred opportunities to sell it or move it.

I agree that ticket prices could, and perhaps should, be increased somewhat...but not to the level that they are selling on Stubhub. It's all supply and demand, and at Stubhub, there's a limited supply, so they can get higher prices. If all the seats were to be priced at that level, the Bills would not have a single sellout all season (a lesson they learned in Toronto). The advantage to keeping prices low is that it keeps it affordable for families (I love taking my son to games!), and it allows most games to sellout, so we can all watch on TV when we're not at the game.

but would you pay double what you are paying today? that would bring the bills in line with the rest of the league. the vast majority of bills fans would not, and that is the problem... Ralph knows the one thing he cannot do is overprice his product relative to his market. his biz plan is to put a consistently reasonably competitive circus show together, everyone shows up to the circus when it comes to town 7 times per year as there is absolutely nothing else to do in the middle of October/November in buffalo (all other fall sports are less than minor league). ralph just needs to control his salary costs consistent with winning 7 or 8 games per year and all is good. It works. After the nightmare of 2008, more than 50,000 seats have AGAIN been sold... Ralph Wilson is a great business guy. And he kept the team in Buff when he's had a hundred opportunities to sell it or move it.

That is just not true so stop making stuff up. The average ticket price in the NFL for 2008 was $72.80. The highest average ticket price was New Englan @ $117. The lowest average ticket price was the bills at $55. PSL's are a different story but keep in mind that most PSLs are in place to help pay for the new shiney stadiums that these teams need to have. The Bills obviously do not have that problem with the Ralph being debt free.

but would you pay double what you are paying today? that would bring the bills in line with the rest of the league. the

That's just not true. The average NFL ticket is about $20 over the average Bills ticket. Doubling the price would make it one of the most expensive tickets, not "in line with the rest of the league".

Part of what affects the aftermarket on Bills tickets is difficulty in obtaining them. Unlike teams like the Packers, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Patriots*, etc, The Bills do not start the year sold out with a 5-digit waiting list.

PTR

It says something about the NFL vs. other sports when the Bills price matches (roughly) the Boston Celtics'. Yeah, football games have a premium since there are only 8 home games, but still.

Actually, the the Bills and the Celtics both have roughly 700,000 home tickets to sell this year.

What it says, if anything, is that for roughly the same price, you can see a legendary franchise and current league champion play quality ball---or you can see a team wallowing in mediocrity and ineptitude hoping their inadequate coaching staff can avoid a 10th year of playoff futility.

The Celtics are a relative bargain.

Actually, the the Bills and the Celtics both have roughly 700,000 home tickets to sell this year.

What it says, if anything, is that for roughly the same price, you can see a legendary franchise and current league champion play quality ball---or you can see a team wallowing in mediocrity and ineptitude hoping their inadequate coaching staff can avoid a 10th year of playoff futility.

The Celtics are a relative bargain.

Two years ago you could have walked in 5 minutes before game time and had your pick of seats to watch this "legendary" franchise. Same with the Bruins. Boston is the ultimate frontrunner sports town.

PTR

Two years ago you could have walked in 5 minutes before game time and had your pick of seats to watch this "legendary" franchise. Same with the Bruins. Boston is the ultimate frontrunner sports town.

PTR

+1

On ticket prices, we've all said a million times everyone would pay 5-10-20-30 more a ticket...but the fact is the bills haven't gone to the playoffs in 9 years. I think if the bills had constantly raised prices every year while not going to the playoffs, everyone on this board (and in the Buffalo Area/Media) would go nuts, calling ralph cheap, yada yada.

But if the bills competed on a level in the past decade of, say the seahawks, vikings, titans (teams that make it to the first round 2 or 3 times in a 5 year period), the bills could charge any price they wanted. But since they haven't made it in 9 years, I think the bills management is sensitive to that fact...

And again, the only way the bills will stay in buffalo (and stay a viable market) is through winning...

But hey, just my two cents.

On ticket prices, we've all said a million times everyone would pay 5-10-20-30 more a ticket...but the fact is the bills haven't gone to the playoffs in 9 years. I think if the bills had constantly raised prices every year while not going to the playoffs, everyone on this board (and in the Buffalo Area/Media) would go nuts, calling ralph cheap, yada yada.

You have not heard the rank and file season ticket holders say they will be willing to pay 5-10-20-30 more a ticket, just fans on boards with many of them without season tickets. When prices go up the Bills lose sales but hope enough new people buy tickets to make up difference thru marketing and hope.

The Bills have the lowest price in market to sell them. Look at some the really cheap seats like Coors Lite Rock Pile ones (beer advertiser tells all - CHEAP) - it was created when the Bills had trouble selling certain sections out.

The Bills can raise prices but need to be careful about balancing need to sell out or face the furor of those who want free TV coverage of home games. It would make sense to break up seating chart some more with higher prices on some partial more desirable sections; hopefully those who are price sensitive will likely grumble and move to slightly less expensive seats and those are willing to pay more get higher demand seats.

According to their website, those tickets are $1000 each. The PSL is $20,000 but this paid once. So, if your fiance's cousin's aunt's brother is paying "six figures" for 4 season tickets, he probably should check the authenticity of those tickets.

I'm pretty sure they got them through a 3rd party vendor so I'm sure they were much higher than the 25,000 that they would cost initially through the team. Like I said I thought it was around 30K. I guess I got the 6 figure thing in my head from reading about Cowboy tickets at the new stadium or something.