Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

Lori, Mark Schlereth is an old school team oriented person. He has very strong negative views regarding players who are selfish and non-conforming. I favor his disposition over a T.O's , Brandon Marshall and Ocho Stupido.

However, in this particular case his interpretation of what T.O said and meant is very off the mark. There shouldn't be much surprise that anyting that T.O says and does is going to be exaggerated and misunderstood. T.O. created his own pressure cooker scrutiny. And he seems to relish existing in that environment. :lol:

Schlereth just rubs me the wrong way. I am surprised his head fits in the studio. When he talks about himself and his playing days nothing makes me change the channel faster.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schlereth just rubs me the wrong way. I am surprised his head fits in the studio. When he talks about himself and his playing days nothing makes me change the channel faster.

Buffalotone, He was an offensive lineman who underwent nearly twenty operations. Saying he is "old school" is an understatement. He is consistent in his criticisms of the athletes of today who are much more absorbed with themselves than with the team concept. In his view these types of players don't respect the game as he feels they should.

In his comments about T.O. after the Patriot game he made some assumptions which weren't warranted and were very unfair. But I do know where he is coming from.

Buffalotone, He was an offensive lineman who underwent nearly twenty operations. Saying he is "old school" is an understatement. He is consistent in his criticisms of the athletes of today who are much more absorbed with themselves than with the team concept. In his view these types of players don't respect the game as he feels they should.

In his comments about T.O. after the Patriot game he made some assumptions which weren't warranted and were very unfair. But I do know where he is coming from.

John

I know who Schlereth was as a player. He played on some very successful teams in his career. But the way he talks about himself he still carries an ego around, especially on Mike n Mike. Seems very egotistical to me.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment. He's a curmudgeon, but I don't think he's reckless or malicious in his opinions. He's one of those "NFL code" guys, and he has a dislike for guys who don't go by the "code."

Tim, (or Lori, etc)

What are the NFL rules regarding suspended players and interaction with the team? I thought they were prohibited from all team activities, functions until their suspension was finished, but i could have sworn that the dog-killer himself was in the owners box watching the Eagles play yesterday.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment. He's a curmudgeon, but I don't think he's reckless or malicious in his opinions. He's one of those "NFL code" guys, and he has a dislike for guys who don't go by the "code."

Tim, Just to add an irrelevant sidebar about Mark Schlereth he has a son who this season was brought up from the minors to pitch for the Arizonal Diamondbacks. He is presently a relief pitcher. His son is tall and big offspring who throws the ball in the upper 90s. Mark has told some amusing stories how it got to the point that he was afraid to catch for his son because he threw so hard. He also told the story when his son was brought up to the majors he told his father to hustle to his game because he would probably get an opportunity to pitch that particular game. Mark told the story on the Mike and Mike show that he cried like a baby watching his son pitich in the majors. Mark S may be a curmudgeon but he is still a sentimental daddy.

I second the motion that we don't use this thread as a forum for discussion and answering/refuting each others' opinions.

The questions here are put up for Tim to respond to.

So, Buffalotone, Lori, and JohnC have a discussion/comments about Mark Schlereth, and as a result Tim ADDS to the conversation by responding.

SJBF and BBB, I understand your point, but WHO decides where to draw the line?

I can see it now:

Tim, in the future please only answer questions that are directly addressed to you. <sarcasm button is in the ON postition>

Rockpile - a curmudgeon and Tim G fan

Tim Graham, If you are going to boogey in South Beach make sure you wear a disguise. Those camera phones are ubiquitous and capable of catching you in a very compromising situation. :devil:

Even if I had time, that's not my scene. I'm more of a Quarterdeck guy. But I got into Fort Lauderdale at noon Monday and had a 6:45 a.m. flight Tuesday. Not a fun trip.

Tim, Just to add an irrelevant sidebar about Mark Schlereth he has a son who this season was brought up from the minors to pitch for the Arizonal Diamondbacks. He is presently a relief pitcher. His son is tall and big offspring who throws the ball in the upper 90s. Mark has told some amusing stories how it got to the point that he was afraid to catch for his son because he threw so hard. He also told the story when his son was brought up to the majors he told his father to hustle to his game because he would probably get an opportunity to pitch that particular game. Mark told the story on the Mike and Mike show that he cried like a baby watching his son pitich in the majors. Mark S may be a curmudgeon but he is still a sentimental daddy.

Yes, he does tell some great baseball stories on Mike & Mike.

I find Schlereth entertaining and insightful. Then again, I'm the type of person who doesn't let differing opinions ruin my day.

Tim,

On behalf of many of the folks here on this board, could you put out an inquiry regarding what if anything was said to Leodis McKelvin by April/Jauron just before the fateful kickoff return?

It's a question which needs to be asked (and ideally answered) and as far as anyone knows, it hasn't even been asked yet.

One of your ESPN colleagues, Howard Bryant brings this up:

"Jauron should have ordered his returners to down the ball in the end zone. Or, in the event that Stephen Gostkowski's kickoff fell short of the goal line, to get past the 20-yard line and fall to the ground.

What appeared to happen is that at the biggest moment of the night, neither the coaching staff nor McKelvin had thought through a key decision."

It's a raging question not only for the curious, but for those whose job it is to evaluate the coaching here. I'm quite disappointed that none of the local beat writers seem to have asked the question.

Thanks Tim.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I haven't been around the Bills since that game (I covered the other two AFC East games this past weekend). But I will be covering the Bills this week. I'll see what I can find out.

Tim, (or Lori, etc)

What are the NFL rules regarding suspended players and interaction with the team? I thought they were prohibited from all team activities, functions until their suspension was finished, but i could have sworn that the dog-killer himself was in the owners box watching the Eagles play yesterday.

They're not allowed to step foot in the team facility or be on the sidelines. They can attend the games if they sit in the stands, however.

They're not allowed to step foot in the team facility or be on the sidelines. They can attend the games if they sit in the stands, however.

Someone asked me about that at the tailgate, wondering if Lynch would be at the game. I thought the rule was as you said -- wasn't entirely sure, but JW was kind enough to confirm that. (Sorry you missed the party, BTW. The band rocked. Next year.)

Thanks to Keith McShea, though, I *do* know where Lynch was on Saturday. The BuffNews preps guru put this link on my Facebook page as I was rolling through Ellicottville on my way north (scroll past the Canisius-JHS stuff):

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/preptalk/2009...week-three.html

That shows you how much Marshawn knows. On his version of the Tonight Show, he said that he couldn't go anywhere near the team nor attend the games.

That shows you how much Marshawn knows. On his version of the Tonight Show, he said that he couldn't go anywhere near the team nor attend the games.

Dude brings his own bottle to a bar and you think he's gonna buy a game ticket?