Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

hey man, cite your sources!!!

Not sure what you mean by that.

But if you're suggesting I wrote that line, I didn't.

And if you're suggesting the person who did write it failed to give proper attribution, you're wrong. Fans are calling him that in more places than this message board.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

What is the background on the Turk firing?

Any thoughts on why this didn't happen at the end of last season? Or after the Packers game? It seems rather bold of the Bills to do 10 games before the Patriots. Perhaps it had something to do with preseason failure of the no-huddle.

And finally, any thoughts on what difference Alex Van Pelt will make? Is Jauron now on the hot seat with Edwards soon to follow?

I have some background on this that I cannot divulge here until I report it.

As for what difference Van Pelt will make, I don't think it will be much. The Bills' offense still can turn into that dynamic attack we expected, but that might've been the case under Schonert, too. I doubt he was unveiling much in the preseason, and the absence of Terrell Owens didn't help. The offense I saw early in training camp looked nothing like the offense in the preseason games.

And if you're suggesting the person who did write it failed to give proper attribution, you're wrong. Fans are calling him that in more places than this message board.

Haven't been able to track "Trentative" all the way to the source, whether it jumped from here to WGR or vice-versa (or someplace else entirely). Leaning toward GR. But heck, "Captain Checkdown" dates back to Kelly Holcomb ...

I have some background on this that I cannot divulge here until I report it.

Couldn't you tell us, and then kill us?

I thought that was how it worked.

Looking forward to the report, Tim.

Lori, Tim, John,

Why is Ralph so hesitant to bring in proven HCs and staff but quick to the punch on rookie staffers and coaches?

I'm not Lori, Tim, or John, but I figure I'd put my 2 cents in.

IMO, I think it's all about continuity. Ralph is getting fed up with constantly changing coaches/systems over the past 12 years, and starting over again, and again, and again, and rebuilding over, and over, and over again. He must feel that we are close, and that if we just stick with the system for long enough, we'll finally make that push into the playoffs and beyond.

Hiring a proven HC and staff will require that the system, and the players, most likely, will all need to be changed and overhauled as well, and Ralph doesn't want to see that happen again.

Again, no facts here, but just my opinion.

It was a lame joke directed at all the trentative checkwards threads here. I haven't listen to wgr in about 5 years, so i really have no comment on whether or not they're using that line there too. It was a joke, no slam on your piece (which i thought was well written by the way).

Just a heads-up:

The link on TBD front page to Tim's ESPN blog is now dead. The URL has changed. Tim's blog is here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/category/_/name/afc-east

I'm confident Fearless Leader, or one of his henchpersons will take care of that issue, in short order.

Just a heads-up:

The link on TBD front page to Tim's ESPN blog is now dead. The URL has changed. Tim's blog is here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/category/_/name/afc-east

I'm confident Fearless Leader, or one of his henchpersons will take care of that issue, in short order.

PERFECT timing, messing with everyone's bookmarks a week before the season. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warning ...

Mornin', Tim. Hope all is going well.

Quick question and perhaps it's a moot point now, but do you know if Schonert/Jauron scripted their first 15 plays each game?

Thanks in advance.

GO BILLS!!!

I've been wondering that as well. It seems you used to hear about several teams doing that, but not so much any more. I don't know if we just don't hear about it, or if teams just aren't doing it. It would seem to make sense with a young team just trying to get something going.

Are there any indications of how much longer Belichick wants to coach? The Seymour trade seems to be setting up the Pats for five years in the future.

Tim,

Belichick and the Pats organization are one of the best, if not the best, run organization in the NFL. They traded Seymour, a former all-pro DT, who is on the verge of entering the downside of his career. They traded him while he has optimum value, instead of waiting another year when he enters his contract year and when his value declines. If you noticed, the Pats drafted in the second round DT Brace from Boston College. This winning orgaqnization is always thinking ahead. Compare that to the Bills who traded OT Peters and then were left with few viable options to replace him.

Al Davis is an unpredictable wack job. His organization is the laughing stock of the league. Yes, lunatic Al Davis acquired a very good DT. But the problem is that Seymour is entering his contract year and that he has been injury prone over the past few years. What happens if Seymour leaves the next year? Is Seymour going to make a major difference this upcoming season? I don't think so. The end result is that the losing organization gives up a high draft pick to the winning organization for a one year rental player. It doesn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

Tim,

Releasing Rhodes and Walker....firing the OC....all a week before MNF against the Patriots.

What is going on in Orchard Park? The depth at two positions of great importantance have been diminished. Unless there is a counter-move, I am a little incredulous.

Tim,

Releasing Rhodes and Walker....firing the OC....all a week before MNF against the Patriots.

What is going on in Orchard Park? The depth at two positions of great important have been diminished. Unless there is a counter-move, I am a little incredulous.

Tim, was this an AVP move? Something they might have done anyway if Bell had stayed healthy? Why did they even cut Chambers if they knew they were re-signing him, as there is always a bit of danger in that kind of move. Is Bell healthy enough to play against the Pats*?

Well, one thing for sure, Langston was right to be frustrated and irritated about this move from RT to LT.

Mornin', Tim. Hope all is going well.

Quick question and perhaps it's a moot point now, but do you know if Schonert/Jauron scripted their first 15 plays each game?

Thanks in advance.

GO BILLS!!!

I have no idea if Turk scripted plays.

If he did, then he shouldn't have.

If he didn't, then he should have considered it.