Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

He didn't start for the Bills that year--he didn't start again until 1971--but thanks for the reply. I didn't know that the records had merged.

(Do we get to brag about our team's 2 NFL titles now?)

Sorry. I meant 1971.

Sadly for Bills fans, the only things that don't jibe on the merged records are titles.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I meant 1971.

Sadly for Bills fans, the only things that don't jibe on the merged records are titles.

That's not all bad. This way, we can claim that Cookie and the Bills would've beaten the Browns in 1964, and nobody can prove any different.

BTW -- thanks again for hanging out over in the cheap seats for as long as you did this morning; I enjoyed the chat. And after you mentioned McKelvin, I had a pretty good idea that the play from this afternoon was going to make your highlight (lowlight?) reel ...

That's not all bad. This way, we can claim that Cookie and the Bills would've beaten the Browns in 1964, and nobody can prove any different.

BTW -- thanks again for hanging out over in the cheap seats for as long as you did this morning; I enjoyed the chat. And after you mentioned McKelvin, I had a pretty good idea that the play from this afternoon was going to make your highlight (lowlight?) reel ...

You have to hope he doesn't dwell on days like today.

I had fun watching from the perch this morning. Wish I could have done the same Saturday afternoon. Thanks for "having me over."

I'll be writing a story on McCargo for Monday. I spoke to him today. He seems like he's in the right frame of mind. We'll see if that translates on the field.

I can't wait to read your article on McCargo. At this point, any production we get out of him will be considered a bonus.

You were right: However you posed it -- I'm guessing with some tact, per our discussion about this piece -- he did give you a straight answer to the "not living up to expectations" line of thought. Refreshing, considering that for some players, it's all about anyone BUT them when things go wrong.

He has shown (rare) flashes of that dreaded word, "potential." Be nice to see it happen more often, for his sake as well as the team's.

Terrific piece, Tim.

Now, tell us, how has he looked so far, given what you can tell this early?

I think if he stays healthy he will be a factor. Of course, I have predicted this in the past, and he hasn't stayed healthy or been a factor.

Here's what he had back in May, Ray: Bills not interested in Vick, but what if they were?

May 12, 2009 1:18 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

From the You Never Really Know Unless You Ask department, we can eliminate the Buffalo Bills from a list of teams that might be interested in giving Michael Vick another chance.

Of course, it was just a rhetorical question back then, because Vick was still in custody. Doubt they've changed their opinion since then -- but like he said, you never know ...

Here's what he had back in May, Ray: Bills not interested in Vick, but what if they were?

Of course, it was just a rhetorical question back then, because Vick was still in custody. Doubt they've changed their opinion since then -- but like he said, you never know ...

I knew Tim had commented on it someplace before. Thanks Lori.

What she said ...

But here's the wrinkle. It's easy to say you're not interested in something that's unattainable.

Once it's there for you to grab, you might start to think about it.

Terrific piece, Tim.

Now, tell us, how has he looked so far, given what you can tell this early?

I think if he stays healthy he will be a factor. Of course, I have predicted this in the past, and he hasn't stayed healthy or been a factor.

Thanks. The commenters at the bottom of the blog don't seem to moved by it, but I thought he was a worthwhile topic.

As for how he has looked, I would say he's done nothing to stand out either way. I didn't get to watch him too much today in pads because my attention was elsewhere, and I think it takes a more highly trained eye than mine to detect where he is just by watching footwork and drills at this stage of camp.

You were right: However you posed it -- I'm guessing with some tact, per our discussion about this piece -- he did give you a straight answer to the "not living up to expectations" line of thought. Refreshing, considering that for some players, it's all about anyone BUT them when things go wrong.

He has shown (rare) flashes of that dreaded word, "potential." Be nice to see it happen more often, for his sake as well as the team's.

Wow, I'm with Lori, that was refreshing.

Here is the quote from the article that really impressed me.

"'When people say things, it doesn't make me mad because it's the truth,' McCargo said after signing autographs at Buffalo Bills training camp on Sunday afternoon.

"I haven't played well since I've been in the league. I know that."

That's impressive. I didn't think McCargo could say anything that would make me want to like him. But he did.

Great job, Tim. That must have been an interesting talk. Thanks yet again for more great stuff.

Wow, I'm with Lori, that was refreshing.

Here is the quote from the article that really impressed me.

"'When people say things, it doesn't make me mad because it's the truth,' McCargo said after signing autographs at Buffalo Bills training camp on Sunday afternoon.

"I haven't played well since I've been in the league. I know that."

That's impressive. I didn't think McCargo could say anything that would make me want to like him. But he did.

Great job, Tim. That must have been an interesting talk. Thanks yet again for more great stuff.

You're too kind, Thurman. Glad you liked it.

It's probably worth mentioning that quote actually was the first thing out of his mouth during our long interview.