Andre Smith

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fired his second agent and rehired his first agent. This guy has problem child written all over him. Nice job Bills front office of nipping a potential problem in the bud.

He didnt even make it to the Bills pick.

The Bills still could have picked him but the Bengals would have the right to match any offer because they had picked him first.

You're thinking of the wrong guy. Not Levi Jones. Andre Smith. he was drafted at #6 this year, and the Bills were at #11, so obviously they never got a shot.

And yeah, switching agents is clearly a sign of a very disturbed man. Hunh? Who cares? Don't know if he'll be a success or not, but switching agents will have nothing to do with it.

Yeah the guy has bust written all over him. I'm surprised that so many here wanted to draft him, sort of like Malcolm Kelly last year. All I can say is that I'm glad that the board GM's we have here are not in charge.

Not too many wanted to trade up. But if he had fallen to #11, I suspect we would have been all over the guy.

OBD said over and over again that they didn't want to OVERVALUE a guy just because he was an LT and we needed one. They never said they weren't going to pick one if the value was right. Smith at #11 would have been very right, IMHO.

yea I agree a lot of ppl here wanted Buffalo to get him at #11..I'm glad he never made it that far, even tho I don't think Buffalo would have grabbed him if he did fall to #11...I'm all for a guy making sure he has the right guy representing him, but he seems to be having a hard time figuring out who that guy is going to be...I've never heard of a rookie having such a hard time choosing an agent...wonder how long he takes to actually sign a contract...feel bad for the Bengals having to try to get the contract done..lol..ok so I lied..I never feel bad for the Bengals.

You're thinking of the wrong guy. Not Levi Jones. Andre Smith. he was drafted at #6 this year, and the Bills were at #11, so obviously they never got a shot.

And yeah, switching agents is clearly a sign of a very disturbed man. Hunh? Who cares? Don't know if he'll be a success or not, but switching agents will have nothing to do with it.

I agree that the Bills SHOULD not have picked Smith at 11, but to say they COULD not is incorrect. A player can be re-drafted within the same round and if so, he is treated like a franchise player in that round. If the Bills had picked Smith, Cincy could have matched the Bills offer or the Bills would have had to give Cincy a fist rounder in '10 and '11. Obviously, it is not worth the risk, but it is within the rules.

Doing this with a 5th or 6th round pick is sometimes viable if a team really likes someone. Giving up 2 #5s might be ok. I think Baltimore did this to Seattle or San Fran last year in the 6th round.

I agree that the Bills SHOULD not have picked Smith at 11, but to say they COULD not is incorrect. A player can be re-drafted within the same round and if so, he is treated like a franchise player in that round. If the Bills had picked Smith, Cincy could have matched the Bills offer or the Bills would have had to give Cincy a fist rounder in '10 and '11. Obviously, it is not worth the risk, but it is within the rules.

Doing this with a 5th or 6th round pick is sometimes viable if a team really likes someone. Giving up 2 #5s might be ok. I think Baltimore did this to Seattle or San Fran last year in the 6th round.

Yah we do the same thing in our fantasy pool, but there is no compensation, I just matters who lives in the biggest igloo.

Is this how the Bills got Cornelius Bennett?

No, remember we got Cornelius Bennett because Indy only offered him a 4yr contract & we offered 5yr contract. The other reason we got him because at the time there were no direct flight offered by the airlines from his home in Alabama to Indianapolis. Luckily, there were direct flights at the time from Birmingham to Buffalo. That gave us exclusive rights to deal for his rights. Once it got approved by the league, CB was ours.

That is why I get aggravated when people say Polian was a good GM. He made some decent trades but circumstances just went our way back then.

You have it all wrong. Wilson can thumb wrassel Paul Smith and loser has to forfeit their respective 1st round draft pick for that year.