Buffalo Bills 1980 Highlight Film

These are the uniforms that I wish we would go back to with the white helmets and charging buffalo.

Amen brother. The white helmet, blue jersey, and white pants kick ass! :lol:

Amen brother. The white helmet, blue jersey, and white pants kick ass! :lol:

I like these old unis as well. I believe they were the best, however I like the old school standing buffalo as well. Anything beats the current ones!

Definitely my favorite BILLS team. Great characters.Very good team.--Sadly there are very few good years in the BILLS era...80-82 with ground Chuck. 62-66 with Lou. 73-74 with Lou. 87-94 with Marv. Maybe 98-99 with Flutie.

10 years of garbage and counting.At least these guys love their coach!-Come on Trent stop having yuppie lunches with Stanford alum and get into a bar brawl or something...

Definitely my favorite BILLS team. Great characters.Very good team.--Sadly there are very few good years in the BILLS era...80-82 with ground Chuck. 62-66 with Lou. 73-74 with Lou. 87-94 with Marv. Maybe 98-99 with Flutie.

10 years of garbage and counting.At least these guys love their coach!-Come on Trent stop having yuppie lunches with Stanford alum and get into a bar brawl or something...

Yea. No more tofu and chardonnay! Have a bacon sandwich with a miller high life.

Check out the guy in part 1 of the video. The dude that is climbing the goal post at 1:39 of that part... He really knew what he was doing getting that thing down... Even had his visor in position to either not lose it or conceal his face... WOW, what a pro!

Is that a lost art or what?

:lol:

My favorite Bills team ever, too..........What a fun year - my freshman year of college.........Going from '74 to '80 without a playoff game sure seemed longer when you are 12-18 years old, than this past decade of futility seems.

So many great moments and games. The opener (my name is on that goalpost), the Steelers win, the Rams win with the team coming back on the field (the greatest weekend of my life - coming home to see the Boss for the first time and then that), the Montana Hail Marys (and us going to the airport to meet the Bills with 8000 or so other crazy people in freezing weather)........even the loss to the Chargers was so memorable for Fergy's guts.

My favorite season... the first time in my life as a Bills fan, that the Bills were serious contenders...I had always been a Bills fan before that, but that season, it went to a whole new level...

Same here buftex...first contender that I was old enough to root for and appreciate. I loved that team more than any of the SB years. If only Fergie hadn't been hurt for that playoff game. :rolleyes:

One of the best parts of this program is the narrator.

The late, GREAT, voice of NFL Films: John Facenda.

I've treasured every thing he's ever said about the Bills on film -which is damn near nothing. I had no idea he narrated teams' season hi-lites, as these weren't readily available to the public.

He's THE voice everyone else is held to -and falls woefully short.

One really could put up a good argument about the Big 4 on that 80's team to the Big 4 on the 90's team.

Ferguson - Cribbs - Butler - Lewis

Kelly - Thomas - Reed - Lofton

Both of those teams were far superior to their fate at the end of each of the respective seasons. That 80's team was one deep slant away from probably advancing to the Super Bowl though another game was still left to be played. We will never know but that really could have been the year and Bills history would have been so much different. Why was Simpson locked up on a WR? UGH!

Please say that again...in caps :thumbsup:

I have been saying this forever

What is funny, is the road unis from that era are very similar to our road unis now, but the old ones look so much better, because of that stupid dfferent color shoulder thing they have now...