Need Some Basic Help Buying a car

plenzmd1

I have no idea. Though, giving someone advice on a message board about car buying, homework or beer shampoo's, thats not heeded is trully funny.

Not a shot at you plenz, but I'm surprised some people cant wipe their ass with out asking how to do it here. :rolleyes:

See, that makes sense to me but then it seems like it could take weeks to buy a car. i know I am missing something

That's not really your problem, it's the seller's problem, he needs to get the title cleared before he sells to you, at least that's what I've done bought/sold used cars.

See, that makes sense to me but then it seems like it could take weeks to buy a car. i know I am missing something

Walk up to the dealer and say "I want that one" and you drive it home tonight. Nothing better than a new car. I've had mine a year and I still have a blast driving it.

Not a shot at you plenz, but I'm surprised some people cant wipe their ass with out asking how to do it here. :rolleyes:

I prefer the wrap method, where you pull off 30 sheets, wrap them in a ball around your hand, then wipe.

I have no idea. Though, giving someone advice on a message board about car buying, homework or beer shampoo's, thats not heeded is trully funny.

Not a shot at you plenz, but I'm surprised some people cant wipe their ass with out asking how to do it here. :wallbash:

I get that, and I agree, but I really looked for about 30 minutes on the net before getting frustrated. And, it is really not that easy as after all these replies no one is 100% certain. Now, in terms of wiping my arse, shouold I go with a big wad of TP or just a few sheets as that might be considered wastsing precious earth resources? :thumbdown:

Wanna buy my beer-bumped '98 4-cyl S-10 short bed 2wd? Mobil 1 oil exclusively since 2000! :thumbdown:

Only 55K miles! Auto, air, cruise! Authentic, noisy deep tread traditional snow tires!

So, you've spent more money on oil than that truck is worth eh??

So, you've spent more money on oil than that truck is worth eh??

Naa. Last year, I pulled off all the axle bearings and replaced same, and popped off the differential rear cover to hog out the goop.

Had a shop press out the front suspension bearings and replace same, U/L ball joints, and replace some of the steering linkage parts - it's a 10 year old vehicle, so all that was preventive maintenance against failure. And had a flushing of the transmission and cooling system. Had a front brake line failure in late '07 (corrosion), so both are recent.

With my low yearly mileage, I change out that Mobil 1 once per year, with a 6 mo. filter replacement. Last time I waxed it was something like 2000 - yet the paint is good, and there is very little underbody corrosion. Kudos to GM.

Objections to the cosmetic lack of front apron, cracked grille, and a door dent, notwithstanding, I've no reason not to expect it to run reliably for another ten years. Not that I expect to live that long.

:thumbdown:

Edited by stuckincincy