Why Dockery became expendable.......

Ouch!

Watching that video made me realize just how fantastic of a coach Bill Belichick really is. He's truly a genius and we're light years away from ever catching up to him and the Patriots. What is even worse is the flipside to that. I now also realize what a crappy HC Dick Jauron really is. I think Jauron should get fired just on that play alone! Poor Dockery, it wasn't his fault, Jauron didn't coach him up like he was suppose to.

Really? What do you think of Chambers' effort on the play? How about Oman's?

A clip like this shows why sacks are not a recorded stat. Whose fault is it? If all three guys come, how does the blocking scheme pick them up? How about two of them?

When someone talks about an oline "gelling" they mean that someone on the line will pick this type of rush up. Either Chambers slides over or Oman steps up or Dock blocks him. I agree that one of them need to block the guy, that's for sure. Look for more of this kind of stuff in 2009 as our young line begins the learning process.

Ouch!

Watching that video made me realize just how fantastic of a coach Bill Belichick really is. He's truly a genius and we're light years away from ever catching up to him and the Patriots. What is even worse is the flipside to that. I now also realize what a crappy HC Dick Jauron really is. I think Jauron should get fired just on that play alone! Poor Dockery, it wasn't his fault, Jauron didn't coach him up like he was suppose to.

OK, now here is someone a smidgeon of poor play and blowing it up that 'Belicheat is a genius' and Jauron is 'crappy'.

The video was showing the consistently lackluster performance of one Derrick Dockery- good riddance to him! Watching the video, he didn't even TRY to block the guy.

The best is that after the blown block by Dockery, Preston and Dockery look at each other, and just shake their heads.

Dockery: 'Damn, I really suck.'

Preston: 'No, Docks, I really suck. Maybe I can get away from this poor team after this season and go to a team that is a contender, and then bash the Bills about how poor THEY are after I leave'

I don't know how Belicheat's coaching prowess is evidenced in this video...

I saw Jim Kelly go 1-13 in a half, I've seen baseballs stars go 0-5 many many times, Jordan has had his bad days.. My point is not to defend Dockery but to judge a guy on one play is ridiculous!

That play was pretty indicative of Dockery's tenure with the BILLS. He never played to his size, especially in the run game. His pass blocking was even worse.

That play was pretty indicative of Dockery's tenure with the BILLS. He never played to his size, especially in the run game. His pass blocking was even worse.

Exactly!

This play is his calling card for the amount of effort he put forth and the end result. Watch alot of Dockery's play and this is what you get.

I love both Russ Brandon and OL coach Sean Kugler calling for improved toughness on the OL and letting go of Dockery and Preston. Then I loved Kugler's brief comment about letting go of players who are for themselves (Peters).

I believe that in time, Butler, Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood will gel into a solid O-Line.

OK, now here is someone a smidgeon of poor play and blowing it up that 'Belicheat is a genius' and Jauron is 'crappy'.

The video was showing the consistently lackluster performance of one Derrick Dockery- good riddance to him! Watching the video, he didn't even TRY to block the guy.

The best is that after the blown block by Dockery, Preston and Dockery look at each other, and just shake their heads.

Dockery: 'Damn, I really suck.'

Preston: 'No, Docks, I really suck. Maybe I can get away from this poor team after this season and go to a team that is a contender, and then bash the Bills about how poor THEY are after I leave'

I don't know how Belicheat's coaching prowess is evidenced in this video...

You're kidding me right or did that really go over your head? If you didn't recognize that as sarcasm then not even the great Belichick can help you!

You're kidding me right or did that really go over your head? If you didn't recognize that as sarcasm then not even the great Belichick can help you!

...or maybe you just suck at sarcasm?

Really? What do you think of Chambers' effort on the play? How about Oman's?

A clip like this shows why sacks are not a recorded stat. Whose fault is it? If all three guys come, how does the blocking scheme pick them up? How about two of them?

When someone talks about an oline "gelling" they mean that someone on the line will pick this type of rush up. Either Chambers slides over or Oman steps up or Dock blocks him. I agree that one of them need to block the guy, that's for sure. Look for more of this kind of stuff in 2009 as our young line begins the learning process.

Chambers was busy counting sheep, apparently; but, he is "an upgrade". :thumbdown: As for Oman, we can trot out the rookie trump card excuse. :wallbash: