The story behind the Chrysler bankruptcy

I agree about these types of stories being the best. There was a story like this back in late December that detailed the final 48 hours of Lehman. Very interesting stuff. Just cool details I would never have known like how Fuld kept calling Ken Lewis' home in Charlotte until his wife finally told him to fck off. :doh:

As an aside, I also have an audio subscription to the journal (basically a podcast) that downloads to my iPod each morning. It's a GREAT way to pass a morning commute if you don't have time to sit down and schlep through the paper. It's between 35-50 minutes usually and gives a good run down of the top stories as well as editorials, world news and usually a few articles from the different sections (technology, health, etc.). It's more of an overview, but better than nothing...

I get it through audible.com. Definitely worth a look if anyone is interested...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124199948894005017.html

I'm not sure if you can read it all as a non-subscriber but it's a good rundown of how the BCY decision played out.

I only was able to access a few words. Did the article touch on the Treasury Dept's mad sale of phony money bonds to inject into the economy, and to enable other governments to buy that scrip lest it be seen that the Emperor has no clothes? :doh:

I only was able to access a few words. Did the article touch on the Treasury Dept's mad sale of phony money bonds to inject into the economy, and to enable other governments buy lest it be seen that the Emperor has no clothes?

This has more relevance in the Consumer Forum.