Manny Ramirez test postive for steroids!!!!

To clarify, it wasn't steroids, it was a medication that he received from a Dr. in Miami. It is a similar situation to Phillies reliever, JC Romero. Romero is suing the manufacturer. I would expect Manny to do the same if this is indeed true.

You should change the title of the thread to PED's.

To clarify, it wasn't steroids, it was a medication that he received from a Dr. in Miami.

Medication......snicker...............Dr...........................chuckle......

......in Miami............................guffaw

To clarify, it wasn't steroids, it was a medication that he received from a Dr. in Miami. It is a similar situation to Phillies reliever, JC Romero. Romero is suing the manufacturer. I would expect Manny to do the same if this is indeed true.

Great, change the title to performance enhancement drugs (PEDs :w00t: ). That makes him sound like a bigger cheat. This is great news!

If Big Papi is on them they are not helping him hit.

This season he has ZERO home runs and is batting in the .220's.

My guess is he was on the juice and is now off.

Or he could be struggling because he is coming off a major wrist injury and is getting older, which has slowed down his bat speed, and he hasn't made all of the necessary adjustments yet.

...But I guess every player that struggles in the first month of the year after producing for many years had to be taking steroids when he was having success. It's more interesting that way.

Why would Manny sue the doctor? The doctor has nothing to do with Manny taking anything. If it was for an injury, it is the doctor's job to prescribe a treatment, not know what is banned in baseball and what isn't. That is up to the player.

Why would Manny sue the doctor? The doctor has nothing to do with Manny taking anything. If it was for an injury, it is the doctor's job to prescribe a treatment, not know what is banned in baseball and what isn't. That is up to the player.

Because Manny supposedly asked the doctor if this complied within baseball's strict banned substance list and the doctor assured him that there was nothing that would cause a positive testing.

A lot of these players aren't aware of what is contained in a lot of things they consume, whether it be supplements or medications and they rely on people around them to determine what they are taking is legitimate.

Because Manny supposedly asked the doctor if this complied within baseball's strict banned substance list and the doctor assured him that there was nothing that would cause a positive testing.

A lot of these players aren't aware of what is contained in a lot of things they consume, whether it be supplements or medications and they rely on people around them to determine what they are taking is legitimate.

Wait, I'm not sure if you were paraphrasing there but not being banned and not causing a positive test are two completely different things.

I think it's a lame excuse. If he was legit he would a) appeal and/or b) tell us the name of the prescription, Manny is being vague for a reason. Also I doubt he is naive enough to just take something/anything that a doctor prescribes without checking if it was on the banned list, he has too much at stake to just "believe" a doc for his word. Ramirez has never struck me as a dumb person.

Also, for the sake of Manny's Hall of Fame possibility, he needs to produce the doctor, and the medication to prove that he wasn't taking steroids, otherwise people will not believe him.