The terrorists did NOT win!!

I'm not at all shocked that people are fighting for credit. Our society really has sunk that low. Instead of actually honoring the heroes of flight 93, we have idiots fighting over who's name gets the recognition for the vomit stain on the countryside. Way to make it about yourselves, idiots.

This entire memorial has turned into a perfect example of the state of personal selfishness and government waste.

Yep!

Like going to the auto parts store to get items to do an oil change then seeing the fuzzy dice... Oooo, fuzzy dice... Must have fuzzy dice over oil change!

A sad, sad state we are in...

:lol::thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep!

Like going to the auto parts store to get items to do an oil change then seeing the fuzzy dice... Oooo, fuzzy dice... Must have fuzzy dice over oil change!

A sad, sad state we are in...

:thumbsup:<_<

I'm not sure if that qualifies as an analogy or a segue...but even by the low standards of normalcy I hold you to, it's freakin' bizarre. :lol:

See, they didn't destroy our way of life after all! Things are just peachy!

Yes, nothing says "America" and "freedom" like the government seizing citizens' private property at the point of a gun so that we can have yet another gaudy 9-11 memorial.

vomit inducing link

That feels like an unbalanced article, I'd like to hear the government's side of it. Not saying it isn't true, but something doesn't smell right.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as an analogy or a segue...but even by the low standards of normalcy I hold you to, it's freakin' bizarre. :lol:

<_<:o Thank you for the compliment... Really! :lol::D

Call it bizarre all you want... It is the truth. You should see (you probably do) the sh*t gov't managers buy while forgoing necessity. :thumbsup:

I think Bart already posted the government's side of it. I mean really, how is this possibly defensible?

That's pretty outrageous, but I don't buy that the government made not effort to negotiate until just now. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these folks were looking to make a pretty profit on the land knowing the government had to buy it. I'm sure more will come out about it as I feel like something is missing on the government's side.

Gettysburg is a particularly egregious example. Every single regiment has an obelisk, even the ones that sat in reserve miles away and never fired a shot (which are my favorites in a way: "Here is where the 5th Wisconsin stood around and waited." Hurrah for consuming oxygen! <_<)

We, as a society, have lost the capability to memorialize anything. We instead somehow celebrate it in hopes of making ourselves feel better about ourselves. One only needs to look at that pathetic travesty of a WWII Memorial on the National Mall, and contrast it to the truly excellent and moving Vietnam Memorial, to realize that.

:lol: And all this time I thought I was the only "irreverent" bastard who thinks Gettysburg is a little funny. Historical sites were mandatory as part of any family vacation, and I was goofing with my dad saying the same things my first time there when I was 15. IIRC My mom was not amused with me standing next to the bathrooms and saying "and here's the memorial to the guys who shoveled schit in the wagon train". The 12th Schit Shovelers from Vestal,NY.

I like that, though. I think the way the Arrow of Fate pierces the Hallowed Earthen Surface illustrates the Spiritual Unity of Sky and Ground in a way that could only highlight the Sanctified Circle Of Courage And Bravery created by those brave individuals at the Glorious Terminus of their Heroic Descent To Eternal Rest.

Really, are they !@#$ing kidding??? The only thing missing from this neo-pagan worshipful bull sh-- is Albert Speer lining the perimeter with searchlights.

:lol: Love the Speer reference. And taking the sub-referenced shot at the Nazi neo-paganism. Where's the ACLU separating church and state? It's NOW Federal land, right?

There can be no doubt that some people's need for attention has sent them around the bend. Mass Media Munchausen's(sp?)? I bet there are even people running around today who wish they were on one of these flights just because of the attention they would get.

:lol: And all this time I thought I was the only "irreverent" bastard who thinks Gettysburg is a little funny. Historical sites were mandatory as part of any family vacation, and I was goofing with my dad saying the same things my first time there when I was 15. IIRC My mom was not amused with me standing next to the bathrooms and saying "and here's the memorial to the guys who shoveled schit in the wagon train". The 12th Schit Shovelers from Vestal,NY.

:cry: Love the Speer reference. And taking the sub-referenced shot at the Nazi neo-paganism. Where's the ACLU separating church and state? It's NOW Federal land, right?

There can be no doubt that some people's need for attention has sent them around the bend. Mass Media Munchausen's(sp?)? I bet there are even people running around today who wish they were on one of these flights just because of the attention they would get.

Count me in too. What you and DC said is totally the truth!

<_<:lol: