Tim Tebow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, think he will succeed as an NFL QB. I'd love to see the Bills draft him. He has more drive to win than Kelly, never gives up on a play and IS an accurate passer. The best part about him is he will make the players around him better.

What's not to like? That his passes aren't picture perfect spirals?? He's accurate, with a lot of zip. That's all that's necessary.

JMO.

More drive to win than Kelly? Oh really. And what scale is used to measure this trait? C'mon Chandler, you know better than to write stuff like that.

eh I'm done arguing with you people. I could link to Belichick, Polian, Dungy, and AJ Smith saying Tebow will never amount to anything, and you guys would still say he will win 5 straight super bowls.

then go ahead, fingon, link to those guys saying it, since you and your minions of highly-trained NFL scouts are so confident.

by the way, i find it interesting that a guy that is such a horrible passer has the following career stat line:

448/681, 6,390 yds, 65.8% comp, 9.38 YPA, 67 TDs, 11 Ints, 182.19 QB rating

But forget passing statistics, rushing statistics, wins, championships, and intangibles, what's important is whether or not YOU and a writer from the Sun-Sentinel like his throwing motion.

More drive to win than Kelly? Oh really. And what scale is used to measure this trait? C'mon Chandler, you know better than to write stuff like that.

Of course I'm being subjective.. JK is a football God and worthy HOFer. As for a scale, Kelly didn't take sole responsiblity for defeat and vow it would not happen again- THEN deliver! For as passionate as Jimbo was on the field, he was equally passionate about late night partying, which many attribute to gameday hangovers. Something no one's seen in Tebow.

No one knows for sure how he'll pan out in the pros, but he's stated that it's what he wants to do and he has an impeccable history to date of success in delivering on his commitments.

I was trying to highlight things that were wrong or straight made up in your post, but everything was highlighted, so I said screw it. You either don't watch the games, or are simply lying about what you see. And I've seen you on here rooting on FSU before, so whatever. Keep up the good scouting work. IMO, anyone who makes claims like you do in this post (no QB like Young/Vick will be taken in top 5 again) are just plain ignorant, so I guess we'll just have to disagree. If Tebow were as bad as you keep saying, he would be a horrible QB, no matter what the system. You just don't compete, and win championships, being that bad at throwing the ball. And it's not like all he does is run, his passing stats are outstanding. The truth is in the tape AND the stats. Yes, he has his issues. He tends to push the ball more than throw it, especially on short routes. His passing motion (at least up until now) has been awkward, and he IS slow in his release (the biggest negative he has in his game, IMO). But those are all possibly correctable, and even if it doesn't happen with Tebow, there will always be teams who will take that chance. That said, Tebow CAN throw the ball on a rope, he's done it many times, both short and long. It's all about consistency for him right now. If he can learn to do it all the time, he'll be top prospect.

And I don't have to "face" anything. I've made no claims about what Tebow will do in the NFL, nor do I care. But unlike you, I haven't decided to flood a message board with made up crap in order to feel better about myself (or my team).

EDIT:

. He's still slow with it, but it's a new delivery.

I tend to agree with you & Fl Bills fan. I watch alot of college football & I think there is noway Tebow gets out of the 1st round. This is not some gimmick player, this guy is first & foremost a football player who loves the game & 2nd he is a QB. Although his release is slow, I think he could make up for that with his excellent footwork & mobility. You got to remember with a guy like Leftwich, he had a horrible windmill release but what made it 10xs worse he had slow feet & no mobility. Tebow does not have this problem. I do not know where these accuracy issues are coming from. Everytime I watch him the guy puts the ball where only his team could catch it. I watched him in the SEC championship game & time & time again Alabama had perfect defense on Florida only to have tebow thread a pass the one place where it could be caught by a florida receiver. I know I am going to get blasted for saying this but the guy actually reminds me of Steve Young. Depending on how Edwards does this year, I would love for the Bills to use their first pick to draft him next year & I would definately take him over Mccoy or Bradford(which both Qbs I like very much).

Stop it. The NFL has never seen anyone with Tebow's unique blend of talents. Tebow is going to revolutionize the QB position in the NFL.

Just like Michael Vick and Vince Young did.

Right.

That's the first thing I think of when I see and hear Tebow is Vince Young and his historic 6 on the wonderlic, not to mention the striking similarities to Michael Vick and his ability to, ummm, do whatever it was that made everyone think he was a good QB.

That's a remarkable stretch at best, and a ridiculous statement at worst.

You miss the point about leadership. Tebow will not yell at anyone. That is not his style. He will lead by example. As someone already pointed out, Pat White was a 2nd rnd pick & he is no Tim Tebow. Unless something like an injury happens, Tebow will be a 1st round pick the only question is how high in the 1st he goes.

Thats my point in the NFL he is not going to be as good as a player. His skills just don't translate into a NFL QB so if his example sucks how is he going to lead? Just because Pat White was drafted a round higher than he should have doesn't mean Tebow is going to go in the first round. Tebow needs to win to lead a task that isn't going to be easy for him in the NFL.

If Tebow wins a title and has a good year I just don't think that makes him a lock for the first round. He could work out badly or show no real improvement in his throwing motion. Each years draft is an individual thing. Plus too what if the Wildcat suddenly stops being effective than Tebow has less value because he goes from Project QB who can contribute to the Wildcat to just Project QB.

No team is going to spend a mid first round pick on a guy who is a pure project. I could see if a team wants a guy to run the wildcat and has a QB to buy them time to develop Tebow spending a late first on him if the coach or owner falls in love with the guy. I just see Tebow as a guy who is going to go in the first half of the second round and no higher than the late first round.

Thats my point in the NFL he is not going to be as good as a player. His skills just don't translate into a NFL QB so if his example sucks how is he going to lead? Just because Pat White was drafted a round higher than he should have doesn't mean Tebow is going to go in the first round. Tebow needs to win to lead a task that isn't going to be easy for him in the NFL.

If Tebow wins a title and has a good year I just don't think that makes him a lock for the first round.

Are you kidding? By no stretch of the imagination am I a Tebow fan, but if the Gators win another NC, and Tebow has another good year, some team will take a stab at him in the first round.

Some team will need a QB, and they will end up thinking with the right coaching, they can correct whatever "flaw" exists.

In fact, staying in school may have been the best thing he could have done. In the pros, he would have been pressured into the starting lineup before his mechanics were fixed.

If Tebow wins a title and has a good year I just don't think that makes him a lock for the first round. He could work out badly or show no real improvement in his throwing motion. Each years draft is an individual thing. Plus too what if the Wildcat suddenly stops being effective than Tebow has less value because he goes from Project QB who can contribute to the Wildcat to just Project QB.

No team is going to spend a mid first round pick on a guy who is a pure project. I could see if a team wants a guy to run the wildcat and has a QB to buy them time to develop Tebow spending a late first on him if the coach or owner falls in love with the guy. I just see Tebow as a guy who is going to go in the first half of the second round and no higher than the late first round.

Well I guess we will just have to wait & see if you are right or I am. I am HAPPY Tebow came back for his Senior Year because I am a Gator fan. I look forward to an exciting year in the SEC.

Stop it. The NFL has never seen anyone with Tebow's unique blend of talents. Tebow is going to revolutionize the QB position in the NFL.

Just like Michael Vick and Vince Young did.

Its so weird because Vick has gone from the most overrated player in the NFL to suddenly becoming a little underrated. Now I know Vick after spending two years in jail is likely to not be the same player he was 4 years ago. But the player Vick was 3-4 years ago wasn't a bad QB.

When Vick came on to the scene he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Which wasn't the case he wasn't accurate and still needed to make more reeds before he took off and ran. Now suddenly he was never any good in the first place. But Vick wasn't terrible he was an above average QB.

Vick did take the Falcons to the playoffs a few times including a trip to the NFC title game. Which means he wasn't a terrible QB, the Falcons D was good but not great and the Falcons didn't have the best receivers at the time either. So it wasn't like Vick was carried by the team. Overall I think Vick was overrated than and a little underrated now. He was a great runner with a good arm. But he would only make one reed before deciding to throw and his accuracy was suspect.

Its just funny how now everyone thinks that Vick just sucks and you could never win with him. Well the Falcons did win with him and he was a part of the reason they won. If he didn't get involved in the dog fighting I think he could have developed his passing a little and become a more winnable QB

Well I guess we will just have to wait & see if you are right or I am. I am HAPPY Tebow came back for his Senior Year because I am a Gator fan. I look forward to an exciting year in the SEC.

Normally I would say staying in College for an extra year is one of the Stupidest thing one can do if they can be drafted at a point where they can be set for life (I am looking at you Sam Bradford dumbass). But Tebow made the right move he was going to be a third round pick or second tops. And Tebow is a God in Florida banging all sorts of hot chicks. If you can keep that going for another year than why not especially when you are not passing up untold riches. Plus too if you can try and cement a legacy of best College player ever than why not.

A guy like Matt Leinart lost an unfathomable amount of money staying another year at USC and being drafted at number 10 instead of 1. He also lost the ability to start because San Francisco would have let him start for several years. A guy like Brian Brohm also lost out on being a first round QB because he stayed in college for another year not to mention all the money he lost as well.

You play for free in college why would you want to stay in college for another year if you could get drafted high in the NFL and make sweet sweet cash. Its always about the money, but the pride of my school. Pride of your school doesn't pay the bills.

You play for free in college why would you want to stay in college for another year if you could get drafted high in the NFL and make sweet sweet cash. Its always about the money, but the pride of my school. Pride of your school doesn't pay the bills.

Depends on the circumstance.

Peyton Manning stayed an additional year in school, and he has been quoted as saying that extra year helped him tremendously in his game.

Last time I checked, Peyton was not hurting for cash.

Depends on the circumstance.

Peyton Manning stayed an additional year in school, and he has been quoted as saying that extra year helped him tremendously in his game.

Last time I checked, Peyton was not hurting for cash.

Still not worth the risk of getting hurt or losing draft status. No matter how you slice it its a stupid move. Once you have top 10 draft status go don't look back.

Still not worth the risk of getting hurt or losing draft status. No matter how you slice it its a stupid move. Once you have top 10 draft status go don't look back.

I pretty much agree with you, but as you said Tebow would not have been a top 10 pick in the last draft. The next draft, who knows?

If the Bills have a GOOD Season, then I think Dick & Trent will both be in Buffalo at least 1 more year. If not the Bills NEW Coach will be looking for a new QB & I say Hell Yeah.

I think you are letting the fact that you watch Tim Tebow every time he plays as we as the fact that you are a fan of the school he plays for cloud your judgement about him. Even if we get a new coaching staff Edwards will still be here. Not saying he will be the incumbent starter or that the new staff won't be looking for a new QB but Edwards will be back in a competition role at least.

But assuming the Bills have a top ten pick and are looking for a new QB I seriously hope that they don't take Tebow at least not in the top ten. Odds are they have big needs besides QB like LT and WR. If they absolutely need to take a QB I hope they take a more conventional guy like Bradford because Tim Tebow just won't be able to become that playoff caliber QB for about 4 years minimum.

However if Edwards has a So-So year. IF they want to take Tebow in the second round or trade back into the back end of the first round and than address another need on the first round pick I would be all for it. If you start Trent and than build up Tebow for a few years I think that would work. Than you hedge your bets because if Trent develops you have Tebow to trade and some team will shell out a decent pick for him. If Trent sucks or is too injury prone than you have Tebow to step in.

Flbillsfan do you think that Tebow (Lets assume he wins another title and plays well but doesn't exceed his typical play) is worth a top ten pick? Too many questions about his throwing motion and is he just a product of the system for me.