Tim Tebow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed my point.

No, I didn't. Your point is (assumedly) that Tebow isn't worth picking in the first round.

My point back to you is that there's no point in discussing him after the 1st 15 picks, since he'll be gone.

No, I didn't. Your point is (assumedly) that Tebow isn't worth picking in the first round.

My point back to you is that there's no point in discussing him after the 1st 15 picks, since he'll be gone.

Yes, and someone will have reached for him.

By your definition maybe.

I, however, would not call taking the best player in college football for the last 2 years a reach.

That's the key. Ask Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, and Andre Ware.

That's the key. Ask Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, and Andre Ware.

Will do.

Tell you what, while I'm asking them how it felt to be the best player in college football, why don't you go ask Petyon Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Matt Ryan, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rogers, Calvin Johnson, and Drew Brees how much being the best player in college football hurt their pro careers?

Will do.

Tell you what, while I'm asking them how it felt to be the best player in college football, why don't you go ask Petyon Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Matt Ryan, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rogers, Calvin Johnson, and Drew Brees how much being the best player in college football hurt their pro careers?

They were the best players in college football? Tebow is a project, you don't spend a 1st rounder on a project. The Bills should know that by now.

Tebow will be drafted in the first two rounds of next year's draft. Take that to the bank.

I do not see Tebow immediately helping out the team that drafts him as their starting QB.

I also don't believe he will be drafted in the top 10. A top 10 draft choice is expected to help that team at least within the first two years and I don't see Tebow doing that in the tradional sense of a QB.

I would say that if he gets drafted in the first round it will be somewhere mid to late. A team that envisions him as their "wild cat" QB initially who they would look to develop with time.

He does not throw the ball as badly as some people think. People like Fingon seem to kling on to things with fervor once they become married to an idea. My guess is that he hasn't watched too many games of his, certainly not as much as I have.

I can tell you this, the guy is a super natural born leader, unlike what I have seen in a very long time. There is no doubt that his passing skills have improved markedly each year over the last three years and I expect that to continue because of his desire and commitment to succeed.

I do not believe as of right now, he can be an effective every down qb, and I do believe that he will need some considerable time to improve on his mechanics. However, I do see him contributing immediately as a "wild cat" qb. I would pick him with a second round choice, if we had the opportunity to do so.

They were the best players in college football? Tebow is a project, you don't spend a 1st rounder on a project. The Bills should know that by now.

So hang on here, which is it?

You don't draft "project" players (which Tebow would only be a project if you're trying to turn him into a pocket passer, which is--in my opinion--a terrible idea), or you don't draft guys that were the best player in college football?

Make up your mind so that I know which ill-conceived argument you're pushing.

Tebow will be drafted in the first two rounds of next year's draft. Take that to the bank.

I do not see Tebow immediately helping out the team that drafts him as their starting QB.

I also don't believe he will be drafted in the top 10. A top 10 draft choice is expected to help that team at least within the first two years and I don't see Tebow doing that in the tradional sense of a QB.

I would say that if he gets drafted in the first round it will be somewhere mid to late. A team that envisions him as their "wild cat" QB initially who they would look to develop with time.

He does not throw the ball as badly as some people think. People like Fingon seem to kling on to things with fervor once they become married to an idea. My guess is that he hasn't watched too many games of his, certainly not as much as I have.

I can tell you this, the guy is a super natural born leader, unlike what I have seen in a very long time. There is no doubt that his passing skills have improved markedly each year over the last three years and I expect that to continue because of his desire and commitment to succeed.

I do not believe as of right now, he can be an effective every down qb, and I do believe that he will need some considerable time to improve on his mechanics. However, I do see him contributing immediately as a "wild cat" qb. I would pick him with a second round choice, if we had the opportunity to do so.

Yours is a well-thought out opinion, for sure Magox. However, my opinion differs from yours in that I do believe Tebow will have enough of an immediate impact in the NFL to warrant a top 15 pick.

I do agree that he won't be a full-time QB, at least not right away, but give him 15-20 snaps per game, wherever you can creatively use his skill set, and I'm betting he makes things happen.

Yours is a well-thought out opinion, for sure Magox. However, my opinion differs from yours in that I do believe Tebow will have enough of an immediate impact in the NFL to warrant a top 15 pick.

I do agree that he won't be a full-time QB, at least not right away, but give him 15-20 snaps per game, wherever you can creatively use his skill set, and I'm betting he makes things happen.

:censored: I agree GOOD post Magox. The thing is people are talking about Tebow as if he was already drafted & going to start the NFL in 09. He has ANOTHER year to develop. If he shows as much improvement next year as he has the past three, I could see him being a top 15 pick. I know one thing for sure, I am going to ENJOY my Saturdays again this fall, watching Tebow lead the Gators to another run at a title. Here is a question.........................how many QB's have been on THREE National Championship teams?

I am merely suggesting that Tebow would be a fresh new face to our team if, and I stress if, Edwards can't get the job done.

I want him on my team and three years from now so will everyone else.

So hang on here, which is it?

You don't draft "project" players (which Tebow would only be a project if you're trying to turn him into a pocket passer, which is--in my opinion--a terrible idea), or you don't draft guys that were the best player in college football?

Make up your mind so that I know which ill-conceived argument you're pushing.

You don't draft project players in top 15. I like Tebow, I think he has a lot of skills, but I don't want us to take him with our first pick. History should tell you that just because a guy was the best player in College football, doesn't make him a great NFL player and I want a great NFL player with a top 15 pick. That's my ill conceived opinion.

You don't draft project players in top 15. I like Tebow, I think he has a lot of skills, but I don't want us to take him with our first pick. History should tell you that just because a guy was the best player in College football, doesn't make him a great NFL player and I want a great NFL player with a top 15 pick. That's my ill conceived opinion.

Ok, now I understand.

Our difference of opinion lies in how we define "project" players. I believe a project player is one that has great physical skill but isn't refined in a football sense, and thus hasn't been productive in any one positional role over an extended period of time.

I believe that Tebow has a very well defined set of positional skills, and it's just a question of a coaching staff elevating their game-planning to fit the plays that he can make into their offense.

Let me ask it this way...if Tebow's 15+ plays per game result in 2 or 3 big plays that put an offense in position to score--or produce scoring plays themselves--wouldn't that be worth a top 15 pick? For any team?

Or how about this...if the Patriots draft Tebow next year, how will you feel about it?

Ok, now I understand.

Our difference of opinion lies in how we define "project" players. I believe a project player is one that has great physical skill but isn't refined in a football sense, and thus hasn't been productive in any one positional role over an extended period of time.

I believe that Tebow has a very well defined set of positional skills, and it's just a question of a coaching staff elevating their game-planning to fit the plays that he can make into their offense.

Let me ask it this way...if Tebow's 15+ plays per game result in 2 or 3 big plays that put an offense in position to score--or produce scoring plays themselves--wouldn't that be worth a top 15 pick? For any team?

Or how about this...if the Patriots draft Tebow next year, how will you feel about it?

Unfortunately I think there will be a big difference in where we and the Pats* pick next year. :cry: so if he is a top 15 pick, I doubt they will have a hot at him, unless they move up, and that doesn't sound like a move the Pats* would make.

If the Pats* were to draft him, he would have a much better chance of success, but you could say that about almost anyone

The only way Tebow steps right in and plays 15+ plays a game would likely be in some form of wildcat formation and we have no idea if our O-line can even block?

. I'm saying I don't think he can help the Bills right away and therefore don't want us to use the first pick on him (which could be a top 10).

Unfortunately I think there will be a big difference in where we and the Pats* pick next year. :cry: so if he is a top 15 pick, I doubt they will have a hot at him, unless they move up, and that doesn't sound like a move the Pats* would make.

If the Pats* were to draft him, he would have a much better chance of success, but you could say that about almost anyone

The only way Tebow steps right in and plays 15+ plays a game would likely be in some form of wildcat formation and we have no idea if our O-line can even block?

. I'm saying I don't think he can help the Bills right away and therefore don't want us to use the first pick on him (which could be a top 10).

If Trent plays as well as some people on this board project him to, the Bills will not draft a QB. If on the other hand he plays as he did at the end of last season or gets injured & sits out a number of games, I would expect the Bills along with their new coach will pick a QB on day one. They will probably draft a DB #1 in any case :o

• 1 month later...

I thought, based on the linked article (below), that this thread was worth resurrecting:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/27/...ds-catching-on/

Hey, it's the off-season, how does everyone feel about the spread offense becoming more prominent in the NFL?

Anyone else suspect (as I do) that New England is one of the teams heavily investigating it?

How does this affect Tim Tebow's chances of success in the NFL?

Does anyone even care about this topic?