White Throwbacks Jerseys

Nor sure where to start to contradict you, but I think the sales alone of the new jersey, hats, T's and everything else would offset the expense. Don't even want to get in to the cost of a new stadium.

Any profits that aren't sold through the official Bills shop near the stadium is aggregated and shared equally among all the teams. There would be no real increase. Wherever the merchandising money goes... it would still be a net expense.

Also, I'm not sure of the mechanics with a league-notified jersey change. Would the team have to purchase the stock of old merch? That's one of the things players have to do when switching numbers ala how Owens had to buy all the stock Hardy #81 jerseys. Does anyone know if the same thing applies to teams?

Wait a second....in the nfl article with the coaches/owners presenting the jerseys, Tennessee and NE* have white jerseys. So it looks like the Bills could play both with blue vs. white and be fine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

But steamroller67 posted the links of the NFL shop shows the Tennesee and NE* jerseys as silver and red...so they potentially have two jerseys shown to the public.

New England's AFL throwback jersey is red.

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?ca...3541059.3541066

Tennessee Titans is baby blue

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?ca...3541059.3541065

At the same time they are not showing the white version of both Tenn and NE* on the website.

But wouldn't you think the Bills would have two sets of jerseys also? Why would those two teams have 2 colors and the bills don't...unless the league just doesnt care about the bills having more than one jersey, which sounds about right.

Wait a second....in the nfl article with the coaches/owners presenting the jerseys, Tennessee and NE* have white jerseys. So it looks like the Bills could play both with blue vs. white and be fine.

Wouldn't you think the Bills would have two sets of jerseys also? Why would those two teams have 2 colors and the bills don't...unless the league just doesnt care about the bills having more than one jersey, which sounds about right.

The NFL's standing rule that I was aware of said that each team can have a Home, Away, and one Alternate uniform. However, this seems to be a special year with the AFL 50th. With it, all bets may be off re: how they're going to merchandise the anniversary. From the source upthread and the links, it looks as tho there will be home and away versions of historicals. But, just b/c the Bills' throwbacks are also historicals, one probably shouldn't assume they will be used in future years.

Any profits that aren't sold through the official Bills shop near the stadium is aggregated and shared equally among all the teams. There would be no real increase. Wherever the merchandising money goes... it would still be a net expense.

Also, I'm not sure of the mechanics with a league-notified jersey change. Would the team have to purchase the stock of old merch? That's one of the things players have to do when switching numbers ala how Owens had to buy all the stock Hardy #81 jerseys. Does anyone know if the same thing applies to teams?

Thats funny. I didnt know the players actually had to buy those jerseys. I guess it amounts to chump change for them....probably at most a couple hundred K if they are somewhat high profile. Very interesting...

I wonder when those guys all got together.

That photograph was taken at the league meetings in March. Note the white No. 6 jersey second from the left? That's new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels holding a Jay Cutler jersey.

Sure to be a collector's item on the clearance rack in the Broncos' stadium stores ...

I would love to see them go with the throwback style jerseys, but the standing buffalo isn't agressive or dynamic enough. The go with the throwback jerseys with the white charging buffalo helmet would be ideal for me.

Is it just me, or do all of those Jerseys just look awesome... except the Jets jersey which is, no debate here, the worst uniform in the history of sport.

J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST!

The "Snapping Minuteman" on the old school Pats helmets is one of my favorites of all time. They sold out for silver helmets and Superbowls....PRICKS!

Is it just me, or do all of those Jerseys just look awesome... except the Jets jersey which is, no debate here, the worst uniform in the history of sport.

J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST!

Not just you. I think they are great. The Bills current uniforms are a disgrace.

I cant wait for the whites to come out, I will be ordering one once our chinese friends start producing them!

What I really want to know, is when will the Bills go old school permenantly. I have yet to meet a fan who likes the current uni's better than the throwbacks.

I think the Chinese uni's look cheap!!! You can spot that Bright blue bar on them a mile away

White throwbacks are currently being developed and are coming out in August. I'm not sure if each team is going to have home and away throwback jersey's but Reebok is producing Bills white jersey's that will launch in August. I've posted this a few times and understandably people are skeptical. I happen to like my job so can't really offer 'proof'. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker and will buy one come August.

cool, I like the throwbacks there awesome :P

I would like to see the Bills go back to royal blue, period. All that market research that said navy blue translates better on TV than royal blue is outdated. Most of us have High Def TV's now and bright colors look amazing in HD.

The Bills are meant to be Royal Blue, Red and White.....PLEASE GET RID OF THE SUPERDARK NAVY BLUE FOR GOOD!

That and the red ferguson (help...I cant see my receivers) helmets is what turned my (Flaming) fandom on .

I would like to see the Bills go back to royal blue, period. All that market research that said navy blue translates better on TV than royal blue is outdated. Most of us have High Def TV's now and bright colors look amazing in HD.

The Bills are meant to be Royal Blue, Red and White.....PLEASE GET RID OF THE SUPERDARK NAVY BLUE FOR GOOD!

The only question is how long can they avoid it for? From all of the banter on the Internet they KNOW people like throwbacks; Russ is a pretty savvy marketing guy and this move only makes sense...

I still like the white charging Buffalo helmet, but that's just me.

And about the white throwback, if they come out I'm gettin' one!

+1

But as I've written before, this probably won't happen until after Ralph sells or dies. Changing the logo and unis full-time is a fairly costly proposal --- new letterhead, new business cards, new stadium signage, changing the field logo (and I believe AstroPlay went out of business, too, iirc, which would make this a little harder/more expensive), media guides, et cetera, et cetera. With 2 games a year, he figures it's enough to give people a taste of the good stuff and not incur expense.

Ralph Wilson has a raging case of Old Man Syndrome. He doesn't want to change the decor just so the next owner will want to change it again. And unless Ralph owns the Sourcerer's Stone, this could literally happen at any time in the next 5-10 years. It's along the same reason why he's quashed talk about a new stadium. It's actually easier (and more profitable, b/c it will attract more buyers) to leave things alone, not handcuff the next owner to a new stadium he might not want, and just coast to the finish.

You are so right that Ralph is too cheap to EVER change the logo. It won't happen.