Michael Savage banned from entering Britain

Michael Savage should be banned from oxygen.

Since he's not human, I'm not sure he even requires oxygen.

I fully support a full bio-chemical analysis of his hot air though.

He's a real a-hole in real life. he started out on KGO in SF (moderate to left) went to KSFO (conservative), and then national. He is on KNEW (conservative) here in the SF area now. KGO and KSFO share studios. People at both stations hated his guts, so they set up an ISDN line to his house so he didn't have to come to the studio.

Now I know he and I would hit it off real well over that bottle of wine. <_<

Britain is so politically correct, and so afraid of offending fundamentalist Muslims, that this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Granted, I am NO fan of Michael Savage, who has greatly contributed to the dumbing-down of America, but for someone who poses no physical danger to be banned from entering a nation for their politics frightens me. I think Savage is correct on this issue.

How far are we away from this? This is a legitimate question; I really do not know the answer.

What is your opinion on fundamentalist christians?

Why? Is Britain also showing concern about offending fundamentalist Christians that have called for the violent overthrow of the country and murder of its citizens?

It's my feeling that some on this board think I'm fundamentalist. :wallbash:

I do not consider myself a fundamentalist, but I do not shy away from my Christian beliefs. I certainly don't want to turn anyone off of Christ by my behavior. So, I attempt to be diplomatic.

To answer your question, most fundamentalists are hypocritical and spout off a lot of hot air. But 99% of them are far LESS dangerous than fundamentalist Muslims like the Taliban. Just remember, a fundamentalist Christian won't kill you for disagreeing with him on matters of religion and faith.

A member of the Taliban will call you an infidel and slice your throat.

That's my take.

I do not consider myself a fundamentalist, but I do not shy away from my Christian beliefs. I certainly don't want to turn anyone off of Christ by my behavior. So, I attempt to be diplomatic.

To answer your question, most fundamentalists are hypocritical and spout off a lot of hot air. But 99% of them are far LESS dangerous than fundamentalist Muslims like the Taliban. Just remember, a fundamentalist Christian won't kill you for disagreeing with him on matters of religion and faith.

That's my take.

While I don't consider you a fundamentalist, regardless of what you say, how about the guy who shot the doctor living next door to my uncle- the one who worked at an abortion clinic. You know, the type that is becoming more and more widespread- the type who make me feel uncomfortable since I am not a christian.

Organized religion can bring out the worst in people- some people resist that temptation, but the people with that type of will are few and far between. Whether you make people feel uncomfortable due to religion or you kill them....it is all wrong, regardless of degree.

While I don't consider you a fundamentalist, regardless of what you say, how about the guy who shot the doctor living next door to my uncle- the one who worked at an abortion clinic. You know, the type that is becoming more and more widespread- the type who make me feel uncomfortable since I am not a christian.

Organized religion can bring out the worst in people- some people resist that temptation, but the people with that type of will are few and far between. Whether you make people feel uncomfortable due to religion or you kill them....it is all wrong, regardless of degree.

The guy who killed the doctor is simply an idiot. Let God make those decisions.

Believe me, I have a pretty strong will. I wouldn't have lasted 6 1/2 years here without it. :wallbash:

Just remember, a fundamentalist Christian won't kill you for disagreeing with him on matters of religion and faith.

That's my take.

That just proves that we Christians have progressed from the practices of hundreds of years ago when we did all sorts of bad things to "infidels" and other non-Christians.

So, since we've for the most part passed that, there's some hope that eventually there will be a corresponding drop in extremism of newer (relatively) religions such as Islam.

That's my take.

When Christian "fundamentalists" are able to regain a country and rule religiously, they won't act much different than other "fundamentalists". It's been proven throughout history.

The guy who killed the doctor is simply an idiot. Let God make those decisions.

Believe me, I have a pretty strong will. I wouldn't have lasted 6 1/2 years here without it. :wallbash:

He did because of his belief in God- that the doctor was sinning and killing a baby......so how did he respond? By taking another life.

We all want to believe we have strong wills- I will not participate in organized religion, because I don't want to put that to the test.

The gay marriage outcry that is making it such a topic right now is due to religious zealots, who think that their beliefs should be the law of the land. It is not an important topic, and it won't be when we bring our troops back, fix the economy and rebuild.

The preaching should be kept to the home, church, temple, mosque or any other place of worship. Religion can be something that sustains life, but it can also be closer to being the root of all evil than money is.

That just proves that we Christians have progressed from the practices of hundreds of years ago when we did all sorts of bad things to "infidels" and other non-Christians.

So, since we've for the most part passed that, there's some hope that eventually there will be a corresponding drop in extremism of newer (relatively) religions such as Islam.

This is true. The key is, Islam has not yet had its Martin Luther.