Michael Savage banned from entering Britain

Talk radio host Michael Savage is considering legal action against Britain's top homeland security official after she released today a list grouping him with terrorists and neo-Nazi murderers banned from entry because the government believes their views might provoke violence.

In a telephone interview with WND, Savage said he is still waiting to hear back from attorneys, but he noted Britain has very strict anti-defamation laws.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she decided to publicize the list of 16 people banned since October to show the type of behavior Britain will not tolerate, according to U.K. news reports.

Britain is hilarious sometimes....

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97127

Britain is so politically correct, and so afraid of offending fundamentalist Muslims, that this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Granted, I am NO fan of Michael Savage, who has greatly contributed to the dumbing-down of America, but for someone who poses no physical danger to be banned from entering a nation for their politics frightens me. I think Savage is correct on this issue.

How far are we away from this? This is a legitimate question; I really do not know the answer.

Britain is so politically correct, and so afraid of offending fundamentalist Muslims, that this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Granted, I am NO fan of Michael Savage, who has greatly contributed to the dumbing-down of America, but for someone who poses no physical danger to be banned from entering a nation for their politics frightens me. I think Savage is correct on this issue.

How far are we away from this? This is a legitimate question; I really do not know the answer.

What's with the avatar?

It's the logo of Seattle Sounders FC, the Major League Soccer team co-owned by Drew Carey.

I know that. Surprised to see it is all. I get free tickets - will be there in row 2 on Sunday morning. Well afternoon really game starts at noon. Surprised to see an Ohio fan unless you like either Sigi or Drew that much.

I know that. Surprised to see it is all. I get free tickets - will be there in row 2 on Sunday morning.

Ohhhh...I forgot you live in the Seattle area. :rolleyes:

I like the logo (and I've been a fan of Drew Carey's for years), plus the team's off to a very good start, so I've been brushing up on my soccer.

My brother lives there and the stories he tells about the PC stuff are simply horrifying. The Brits done lost their mind!

Michael Savage should be banned from oxygen.

I listen to him only because he's on during my drive home and I had never listened to him until I moved north. I'm not a big on right wing wackos on the radio and he's one of the biggest but for some reason he seems like a guy I'd like to sit with and share a bottle or two of wine with...as long as he didn't talk politics because there he's just a nut. But in other areas he seems pretty intelligent with some very interesting stories. I think everyone has their good side, even O...Oba...Obam....Obama, wow that was hard.

I listen to him only because he's on during my drive home and I had never listened to him until I moved north. I'm not a big on right wing wackos on the radio and he's one of the biggest but for some reason he seems like a guy I'd like to sit with and share a bottle or two of wine with...as long as he didn't talk politics because there he's just a nut. But in other areas he seems pretty intelligent with some very interesting stories. I think everyone has their good side, even O...Oba...Obam....Obama, wow that was hard.

As far as wackos go, he's very entertaining. He also purposely goes over the line sometimes which is probably where this whole Brit thing is coming from. As far as I can tell his whole act is an act. He's seems like he's a pretty smart guy.

Now I don't know that I'd fantasize about sharing a quiet evening with a couple of bottles of wine with him, not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

As far as wackos go, he's very entertaining. He also purposely goes over the line sometimes which is probably where this whole Brit thing is coming from. As far as I can tell his whole act is an act. He's seems like he's a pretty smart guy.

Now I don't know that I'd fantasize about sharing a quiet evening with a couple of bottles of wine with him, not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what your insinuating but I don't think an evening of a few bottles of wine between Mr. Savage the the Chef would be quiet. :lol:

My favorite lines ever:

"I pray to God I wake up in the morning and Tehran is in flames."

"Bomb the 7th century throwback bastards!"

He also had a segment a few months ago about Israel using our financial aid to buy weapons systems they are too chickenchit to use. It was pretty damn spot on as well as entertaining because of the way he delivered the rant.

He goes overboard with the religious crap, but overall, he's dead nuts on when it comes to the majority of topics he discusses. He hates Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Rielly, and The GOP so my question to his detractors is what is wrong with that?

As far as the wine goes he lets the audience know on the days he's hungover.

My favorite lines ever:

"I pray to God I wake up in the morning and Tehran is in flames."

"Bomb the 7th century throwback bastards!"

He also had a segment a few months ago about Israel using our financial aid to buy weapons systems they are too chickenchit to use. It was pretty damn spot on as well as entertaining because of the way he delivered the rant.

He goes overboard with the religious crap, but overall, he's dead nuts on when it comes to the majority of topics he discusses. He hates Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Rielly, and The GOP so my question to his detractors is what is wrong with that?

As far as the wine goes he lets the audience know on the days he's hungover.

I always thought he was more like Steven Colbert than anything. It seems to me like he's intentionally portraying a stereotype.

I always thought he was more like Steven Colbert than anything. It seems to me like he's intentionally portraying a stereotype.

He's a real a-hole in real life. he started out on KGO in SF (moderate to left) went to KSFO (conservative), and then national. He is on KNEW (conservative) here in the SF area now. KGO and KSFO share studios. People at both stations hated his guts, so they set up an ISDN line to his house so he didn't have to come to the studio.