New Buffalo Bills Book

KRC

For those of you who are fans of Jeff Miller's previous works, he is coming out with a new title this fall: Game Changers: 50 Greatest Plays in Buffalo Bills Football History (50 Greatest Plays in Football History). I wanted to wait until it was officially announced before I mentioned anything. Knowing the type of researcher that Jeff is, this should be an excellent book. Unfortunately, there is a lot of junk out there and the market is saturated with Buffalo Bills books. As a result, the good stuff can get lost in the muck.

Jeff's other works:

Rockin' the Rockpile: The Buffalo Bills of the American Football League

Buffalo's Forgotten Champions: The Story Of Buffalo's First Professional Football Team And The Lost 1921 Title

Thanks for the heads up, Ken! I know you've been anticipating this for a while. Not much info from the link about the particular plays, just that the Marv-elous one co-wrote. This leads me to think the majority of THE PLAYS have come in the last 20 years or so. I hope this isn't the case. Daryl & Jackie threw 90 yarders to Golden Wheels, Byrd's punt return against the Chargers in the '65 title game and his exploits vs. the Jets in '68 certainly rate up there. Some of O.J.'s runs still thrill me to this day -no, not the 'slow speed chase on Rt.5...- <_<

Are you at liberty to share a few?

Thanks for the heads up, Ken! I know you've been anticipating this for a while. Not much info from the link about the particular plays, just that the Marv-elous one co-wrote. This leads me to think the majority of THE PLAYS have come in the last 20 years or so. I hope this isn't the case. Daryl & Jackie threw 90 yarders to Golden Wheels, Byrd's punt return against the Chargers in the '65 title game and his exploits vs. the Jets in '68 certainly rate up there. Some of O.J.'s runs still thrill me to this day -no, not the 'slow speed chase on Rt.5...- <_<

I hope so, too. I'll never forget that Jets game in '68. Namath still has bad dreams of Byrd and Janik. And what can I say about the Juice: NO player, before or since, has literally given me the anticipatory thrill in my stomach that he could go all the way at any given time.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the heads up, Ken! I know you've been anticipating this for a while. Not much info from the link about the particular plays, just that the Marv-elous one co-wrote. This leads me to think the majority of THE PLAYS have come in the last 20 years or so. I hope this isn't the case. Daryl & Jackie threw 90 yarders to Golden Wheels, Byrd's punt return against the Chargers in the '65 title game and his exploits vs. the Jets in '68 certainly rate up there. Some of O.J.'s runs still thrill me to this day -no, not the 'slow speed chase on Rt.5...- :worthy:

Nope. Can't share anything. You just have to buy his book. <_<

Roland Hooks hail mary catch aganist the Pats from Fergie. I had seasons in the corner of the endzone. I remember never leaving for any of the games. We stood there and watch that play right in front of us.

Roland Hooks hail mary catch aganist the Pats from Fergie. I had seasons in the corner of the endzone. I remember never leaving for any of the games. We stood there and watch that play right in front of us.

That was classic!! The catch Hooks made deep over the middle just before that play was equally among the best ever, IMO.

Edit: His 4 carries/4 TD's performance against the Bengals is an all time performance as well!