computer troubles

Why wouldn't they? Ever try?

well most syllabuses specifically say "all papers must be emailed to the professor double spaced with twelve point font times new roman"

even the professors that dont include that disclaimer would probably be mighty pissed about a hand written assignment

after all ten pages hand written is much shorter than ten pages typed

well most syllabuses specifically say "all papers must be emailed to the professor double spaced with twelve point font times new roman"

even the professors that dont include that disclaimer would probably be mighty pissed about a hand written assignment

Pissed about it and not accepting it are two different things.

ok so my keyboard is pretty f*cked up right now and im wondering if anybody has some advice

the problem is that i cant type any of the lower characters when there are two options

for example no periods commas backslashes apostrophes or semicolons

only these <>?:"

additionally i cant type any numbers< only the symbols above them !@#$%^&*()

ive talked to all my computer science friends and they all suggest that my laptop is set to stickey keys< but this definitely isnt the case and im starting to think its some sort of virus

when i restart my computer< the problem is fixed for like five minutes then it reverts back to the problems

any advice? its finals time here at cornell and i do NOT need this sort of problem right now

thank you

My laptop has done the same thing from time to time. Try holding Ctrl + Shift together, which seems to fix mine. I have no idea how i figured out that worked, but it just seemed to work on mine. Who knows, it's worth a shot.

My laptop has done the same thing from time to time. Try holding Ctrl + Shift together, which seems to fix mine. I have no idea how i figured out that worked, but it just seemed to work on mine. Who knows, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that when I get back home. However, I'm pretty sure I've tried almost every combination of keystrokes already so I'm not holding out much hope.

If your profs even read the things. I T.A.'d when I was at CU let me just say it was well known among the T.A's (and probably the undergrad community) that profs had little desire to correct tests and read papers. They were supposed to but doing so is an altogether different issue. Having to correct handwritten essay exams I can tell you first hand that handwritten papers are much harder to correct. It is highly likely that there is a strong relationship between the neatness of one's handwriting and their scholastic achievement. If the T.A.'s are up against a deadline to get the things back to the prof for final "review" they quit trying to decipher the handwriting and mark the answer as unacceptable or incomplete.

ok so my keyboard is pretty f*cked up right now and im wondering if anybody has some advice

the problem is that i cant type any of the lower characters when there are two options

for example no periods commas backslashes apostrophes or semicolons

only these <>?:"

additionally i cant type any numbers< only the symbols above them !@#$%^&*()

ive talked to all my computer science friends and they all suggest that my laptop is set to stickey keys< but this definitely isnt the case and im starting to think its some sort of virus

when i restart my computer< the problem is fixed for like five minutes then it reverts back to the problems

any advice? its finals time here at cornell and i do NOT need this sort of problem right now

thank you

my advice would be to spend less time on TBD, and more time on your schoolwork - if you hadn't left everything until reading week, you wouldn't be in this predicament. :rolleyes: