If there is a heaven..and we get our body back there

Tcali

..and we get to choose what age body we could have..what age would you choose?

There is a lot to be said for 12...no aches no pains..can run all day like a wildman.No major body awareness issues yet. Total freedom that you don't really appreciate til you get older and don't have it anymore.

OR--how about 19...little pain...horny 24/7-but self -conscious.

OR 25--at your peak of athletic ability but need to work on it-some aches and pains slowly creeping in..

Just throwing my weird thoughts out there for discussion

There is a lot to be said for 12...no aches no pains..can run all day like a wildman.No major body awareness issues yet. Total freedom that you don't really appreciate til you get older and don't have it anymore.

OR 25--at your peak of athletic ability but need to work on it-some aches and pains slowly creeping in..

This goes beyond weird but I will play along ... I would prefer to have Bar Rafaeli's body as it is truly stuff of the heavens and I could just spend all day admiring myself ... how's that for weird? :thumbsup:

This goes beyond weird but I will play along ... I would prefer to have Bar Rafaeli's body as it is truly stuff of the heavens and I could just spend all day admiring myself ... how's that for weird? :thumbsup:

hehe

I would take a nice 25-30 year old smokin' hot hard body, I would prefer she have red hair, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker!!!! :thumbsup:

I would take a nice 25-30 year old smokin' hot hard body, I would prefer she have red hair, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker!!!! :thumbsup:

lol-well you'd need a good body to service her--u know take full advantage

I believe we get our "peak" body. Maybe not necesarilly "25", but healthy adult body. For adults anyway, if a child dies would they get their child's body or would it mature to peak?

Anyways, for the adult body here's what I base my belief on.

My mother passed away a few months ago from Cancer :w00t:

In her last days, she would lie in bed with her legs dangling off the side of the bed. My father (loving husband who took such great care of her - so much so that he gave himself a mild heart attack :w00t:), would sit next to her on the bed

Near the end when she could barely speak, my mother told my father to watch where he was sitting because "The Man" was sitting there :thumbsup:

Later on, my mother said to my father that there were "Two Men" in the room with them

One of the very last things my mother was able to say to my father (she had lost the ability to speak before I made it home :lol:) was that my grandfather (my father's father) was there to help

It's my belief that "The Man" was my grandfather. My mother just didn't recognize him at first because he was in the form of his younger days

And the "Two Men"? My grandfather was an identical twin

Do I have to get my own body back or can I choose? I've always wanted to get my hands on Audrey Hepburn and this is probably my only shot.

I believe we get our "peak" body. Maybe not necesarilly "25", but healthy adult body. For adults anyway, if a child dies would they get their child's body or would it mature to peak?

In her last days, she would lie in bed with her legs dangling off the side of the bed. My father (loving husband who took such great care of her - so much so that he gave himself a mild heart attack :w00t:), would sit next to her on the bed

Near the end when she could barely speak, my mother told my father to watch where he was sitting because "The Man" was sitting there :thumbsup:

Later on, my mother said to my father that there were "Two Men" in the room with them

One of the very last things my mother was able to say to my father (she had lost the ability to speak before I made it home :lol:) was that my grandfather (my father's father) was there to help

It's my belief that "The Man" was my grandfather. My mother just didn't recognize him at first because he was in the form of his younger days

First of all--sorry about your mom..but our faith helps us...

Very interesting story(though I believe it to be true).

150. It would be remarkable.

/dev/null - sorry to hear of your loss. I know we often joke here and I am certainly guilty of saying stupid things but there is nothing but sympathy expressed for you here. Arguably, there is no event more heart wrenching than the loss of someone that is very close to you. My wife lost her mother to cancer about a year ago. She was absolutely heart broken both for the loss and having to see her mother leave this life in such a difficult way.

It would depend if sex is allowable in heaven. If it's truly heaven it'd have to be. IMO

Since we always seem to see, in popular culture, that we seem to keep the same level of sophistication we had just before we died, I wonder if there are little bags of fetus' or just a couple of cells floating around from abortions?

In her last days, she would lie in bed with her legs dangling off the side of the bed. My father (loving husband who took such great care of her - so much so that he gave himself a mild heart attack :lol:), would sit next to her on the bed

Near the end when she could barely speak, my mother told my father to watch where he was sitting because "The Man" was sitting there :w00t:

One of the very last things my mother was able to say to my father (she had lost the ability to speak before I made it home :ph34r:) was that my grandfather (my father's father) was there to help

I'm very sorry to hear about that dev. That must have been extremely painful for you. She's in a better place right now waiting for you. :thumbsup: To her it will probably seem like an instant before you get there.

In her last days, she would lie in bed with her legs dangling off the side of the bed. My father (loving husband who took such great care of her - so much so that he gave himself a mild heart attack :lol:), would sit next to her on the bed

Near the end when she could barely speak, my mother told my father to watch where he was sitting because "The Man" was sitting there :w00t:

One of the very last things my mother was able to say to my father (she had lost the ability to speak before I made it home :ph34r:) was that my grandfather (my father's father) was there to help

Wow dev... tremendous story, I'm sorry for you loss. My wife had a very similar experience when her grandfather passed away. He would be visited by different men from time to time. One of "them" was someone from his past that he didn't really like, because my wife distinctly remembers him looking at someone in by the closet and saying "You were a SOB back then and you still are." (No beerball, I wasn't in the room, he wasn't talking to me...) He also talked about other "people" coming in to talk about "the trip."

The hospice worker said that is sometimes a normal part of the "passing" process... the living are visited by people they either need to have closure with or people to help them with their "journey."

Thanks for sharing dev... :thumbsup:

I don't suppose this goes along with this thread, but I recently finished a book that in words reminded me that through the ages, some have held that flowers are the souls of the little children that died in their innocence.

Who can ever say?

I don't suppose this goes along with this thread, but I recently finished a book that in words reminded me that through the ages, some have held that flowers are the souls of little children that died in their innocence.

Who can ever say?

The hospice worker said that is sometimes a normal part of the "passing" process... the living are visited by people they either need to have closure with or people to help them with their "journey."

The hospice workers were a great help to us thru the whole process. Even after my mother passed, they have been there to help my father with his grief

The explained about the visitors and even about my mother sticking her legs out at the end. After she had passed both of her legs were sticking out of the bed and on her feet were on the floor. She was getting up and ready to go on her next journey :nana::devil:.

I would have preferred her journey kept her here longer

It would depend if sex is allowable in heaven. If it's truly heaven it'd have to be. IMO

Since we always seem to see, in popular culture, that we seem to keep the same level of sophistication we had just before we died, I wonder if there are little bags of fetus' or just a couple of cells floating around from abortions?

I'm very sorry to hear about that dev. That must have been extremely painful for you. She's in a better place right now waiting for you. :devil: To her it will probably seem like an instant before you get there.

Nope it isn't. Remember if there is a heaven then the Christians are right and sex is for procreation only. :nana:

According to Southpark, in the episode where Satan is involved with both Saddam and Chris :

The Hell Director welcomes a group of new arrivals to Hell. Some of them are confused, saying they had been devout Protestants, or Jehovah's witnesses, and shouldn't be in Hell. The Director tells them "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you were wrong... you chose the wrong religion." They ask "well, what was the correct religion?" The Director informs them: "I'm afraid it was 'the Mormons.' Yes, 'the Mormons' was the correct answer." :devil:

My father was near the end with lung cancer was very weak, and had a raspy voice. He said to take him to the hospital to die and that they were waiting for him. We said "the nurses in the Oncology ward?" He said "No, in heaven, they're sitting there waiting for me." We took him in on a Thursday. He rallied on Friday, and Saturday , when a cousin of his visited and they talked all day about old times, and Sunday, when he and my mother talked all day (I was at the Bills-Denver game when we scored 21 points in 71 seconds- he told me to go even though I didn't want to). The next day, after work, I went to visit him and pick up my mom. I told him about that great game, and about 10 minutes later he died.

An uncle (his b-i-l) that he liked was slowly dying from congestive heart failure. Around Christmas after my dad died, we were watching the last Bills away game of the 1990 season at his house. He said "Son of a B word, the Bills are going to the Superbowl, and I won't see it." He was right. He died the first week of 1991. My mother happened to be visiting him in St. Joes, that day and he died in front her too.

A few months before my dad died, I overheard them betting who would go first. They said they would pay up later.

My dad was 60 and his b-i-l was 62. I believe they are up there with another uncle (b-i-l of my mother) who was a real nice guy and died from diabetes at 45. I believe they are up there drinking and playing cards and having fun and paying off that bet. :nana:

I had a very simler experience when my mother passed away 6 years ago. Me and my bother were sitting next to her bed in the hospital when she looked right at us and clearly said" I don't suppose you talk much to your father" [her husband of 54 years, gone 3 at that time] then kind of looked away and shook her head as if thinking of course THEY can't. Then the next day,she said when did mom get here? obviously referring to her mother[gone 30 years]which struck me because she never referred to her as "mom" to me and my bother,only "Gramma". Mom was for when she was talking to her bothers and sister. Seeing our startled looks, she replied very sharply"do you think when people die they just go away? of course they are still around"

My bother,being the analytical chemistry professor he is, dismissed it as a result of the pain meds. I was not so sure. Hearing that it is a apparently common experience makes me even less so.