Gaughan chat today going head to head w/ Graham

Tim, by a mile.

And this is from a person who ardently supports local newspapers, especially dailies. But Tim has taken coverage to a new level, directly involving his readers.

Tim, by a mile.

And this is from a person who ardently supports local newspapers, especially dailies. But Tim has taken coverage to a new level, directly involving his readers.

I dunno though. In an actual electrified cage death match I think Graham gets his butt kicked.

When it comes to keeping Joe Fan up to date on team info...can't be beat.

Tim, by a mile.

So because Tim posts here, it is no contest? :thumbsup:

[Comment From Brandon P]

I thought Ashton Youboty exceled at the Nickel position until he was injured last year - do the Bills still like him at that spot? Or do you think they stacked up on DBs in the draft due to a lack of confidence there?

12:43

Mark Gaughan: I think they do still like him. He will give Drayton Florence a strong push at slot corner. I know there was a lot of gnashing of teeth over why they took corners late. I don't see the problem. Those guys go down all the time with ankle/leg tweaks. You need a flock of them. Plus, late in the draft all the big men on defense are gone - most of the time (Mark Anderson of Chicago, a 7th rounder, being a huge exception.) ... But the list of prospects on D-line and O-line were very depleted late in the day. There's more prospects, in general, at corner. It's easier to find a corner who can run 4.57 than a D-lineman worth a darn in the 7th round. I heard good things about the 7th-rounder from West Virginia. He can run. He runs in the low 4.5s.

I gotta say gaughan, judging by pictures. Now i've never seen Gaughan, but Tim's picture on ESPN makes him look about 12-13 years old, so gaughan should win.

:thumbsup:

Actually, Tim's at least 6'2". That's what surprised me when someone mistook him for Paul Peck. I talked to Paul for a few minutes last night, and I'm not sure he's anything over 5'11".

This is hilarious and totally not about football (from TG Chat):

Dr. Pig, Mexico: Tim, I am tired of your slandering us pigs, we all know that you started the swine flu, stop ruining mexicos beloved economy!

Tim Graham: (12:31 PM ET ) Totally off the wall, but true. Muhammad Ali was endorsing a line of ties put out by the CDC to raise money for research. The designs are of what various diseases look like under the microscope. Actually quite beautiful. I attended Ali's press conference in Las Vegas and was given a tie so I could write about it. I ended up with the swine flu. The guy next to me got AIDS. But not from me.

[Comment From Clarence from Clarence]

Talk me into getting excited about the O-Line. We traded our best player by far (peters). Now we have a fat, out of shape RT playing LT, a RG playing RT, 2 rookies at Guard, and a career backup at Center.

Mark Gaughan:

OK. Well let me first put on my rose-colored sunglasses. But before I do that I'll remind you that I was against trading Peters from the start, and was all for making him the highest-paid OT in NFL history (which is what it would have taken to keep him).

That being said, the BIlls have undergone a personality transplant on the O-line. They got three guys in the middle now who are nasty and tough. You can never go too far wrong drafting big (except when he's a 400 pounder from Texas). So the Bills have made a huge investment in their O-line. That can't be a bad thing. They made a huge investment in the O-line in 2006 in free agency, they just didn't get the right guy in Dockery. So they're committed to the O-line. They've been getting their butt kicked by Vince Wilfork for 6 years and by Kris Jenkins for 1 year. They finally have the solid interior to match up in the division. There is a very very low probability that these guards will be busts. So their middle looks good. Brad Butler started his entire career in college at right tackle. He's going back to the position he knows best. He was a little tall for a guard anyway. He's feisty too. Their line is super smart. Now as long as Langston Walker can handle left tackle, you have a front five that can win. ... How's that.

Actually, Tim's at least 6'2". That's what surprised me when someone mistook him for Paul Peck. I talked to Paul for a few minutes last night, and I'm not sure he's anything over 5'11".

Lori,

I think you have a crush on Tim :thumbsup:

Lori,

I think you have a crush on Tim :thumbsup:

Friends, nothing more. Besides, he has a great wife and two incredibly cute kids. And I think that's as far as we need to go on that topic.

I still say Tim. Yeah, his posting here gives him a head-start, in my book. But he is also more entertaining and he provides good insight not just on our team but also on our key rivals.

TBD will love this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/657963.html

Is Youboty the heir apparent for McGee this year? That is if they release McGee and play Corner as the nickel.

1:09

Mark Gaughan: Release McGee??? Who came up with that idea? McGee is the top free agent after next season, not counting TO. .I'm not sure who the heir apparent to McGee is. I don't think he's on the roster. I think if McGee leaves, the heir is the first-round pick in 2010 ...

Beerball, thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed reading both chats.

Their scope of work is slightly different. Mark is obviously a bit more Bills-centric. Tim, in spite of the strong showing by Bills Nation addresses the AFC East a bit more.

I thought both chats were excellent and informative. Mark seems to take these things pretty seriously which I appreciate. I thought several of his answers were thoughtful, well informed, and deeply reflected upon. Quite the contrast to Sullivan who spends a bit more energy trying to get laughs.

Thanks again.