Souter expected to retire

After far right judicial activists like Scalito and Oral Roberts it would be nice to have someone temperate on the bench.

Roberts is a "far right activist", huh? And that "moderate" Obama is going to pick someone "in the middle?" LOLOLOL. He has ALREADY said he wants to appoint a judge who will give preference and power to the poor and those who dont have access to political power. Which, sounds really nice, but considering a judge is suppossed to be IMPARTIAL, is troubling, to say the least.

After far right judicial activists like Scalito and Oral Roberts it would be nice to have someone temperate on the bench.

*WAAH!* *WAAH!*

How tragic that there isn't a majority of far left judicial activists like in the good old days!!

Roberts is a "far right activist", huh? And that "moderate" Obama is going to pick someone "in the middle?" LOLOLOL. He has ALREADY said he wants to appoint a judge who will give preference and power to the poor and those who dont have access to political power. Which, sounds really nice, but considering a judge is suppossed to be IMPARTIAL, is troubling, to say the least.
While the nation is undergoing dramatic change and shifting attitudes it is still reassuring to know there are still far right fossils like you around.

While the nation is undergoing dramatic change and shifting attitudes it is still reassuring to know there are still far right fossils like you around.

So you just admitted and confirmed that liberals seek to treat the Consititution like Lou Brown treated Roger Dorn's contract.

Good work.

I often find myself saying "I wish there were more impartial, even headed thinkers like Bishop". You are a breath of fresh air in a partisan world. :thumbsup:

Most conservatives admit and expect a liberal to be appointed and all we hope for is that whomever it is isnt to the left of Chomsky. But according to dunderheads like Hedd, such thinking makes us "radicals."

Funny sh--.

*WAAH!* *WAAH!*

How tragic that there isn't a majority of far left judicial activists like in the good old days!!

What was considered far left in "the good old days" when white men made the rules is now considered moderate by the majority of Americans. A Supreme Court change would only be noteworthy if Scalia or Thomas retired and it was restored to a more moderate balance.

What was considered far left in "the good old days" when white men made the rules is now considered moderate by the majority of Americans. A Supreme Court change would only be noteworthy if Scalia or Thomas retired and it was restored to a more moderate balance.

Or Ginsburg retired and a real moderate installed.

I recall a certain Austrian that also stressed the failure of democracy and capitalism.

I recall a certain Austrian that also stressed the failure of democracy and capitalism.

I know Dick Cheney acted above the law because he thought our democracy failed, and favored corporate welfare as opposed to real capitalism, but I didn't know he was Austrian.

Seems pretty balanced to me with Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito the conservatives Stevens, Souter, Ginsburg and Breyer the liberals and Kennedy the modeate swing vote. Do you disagree?

This is how the system works. Unless Obama appoints a disaster, he gets to make the choice and the choice gets approved. I'm interested to see who he picks.

Roberts was a good choice from an otherwise disastrous presidency.

Seems pretty balanced to me with Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito the conservatives Stevens, Souter, Ginsburg and Breyer the liberals and Kennedy the modeate swing vote. Do you disagree?

I consider Kennedy as more to the right, so right now the court leans more to the right than the majority of Americans. Hopefully Stevens, Ginsburg, and possibly Kennedy will retire while Obama is still president so they are replaced with younger justices with a moderate judicial temperament, as the conservatives will probably be there for awhile.

What a load of crap.

Don't you know? If they are not all stark, raving looney-leftiests the nutjobs on this board will whine about the 'far right'. :devil: