no more chicken

The Big Cat

I used to work at an Old Country Buffet (not sure if you guys have em up in WNY), and we ran out of fried chicken one day. As the cashier I was the one who had to give people who already paid their refunds and tell the people who first came into the restaurant what the deal was. I'll tell ya, you do NOT want to be the person telling paying customers they can't have their fried chicken. "Y'all aint got no fried chicken? What am I here for? What kinda place is this?" etc etc. The manager took plenty of it too, but as the cashier/greeter I probably took the brunt of it.

I'll never forget this African American woman who yelled at the top of here lungs, "What! No fried chicken!?" Everyone in the place turned to look. Those Popeye's customers are a lot like the people I dealt with. Looks like those employees were able to bail, though.

I have an uncle who heard the story, and he still asks me where the fried chicken's at every time I see him.

I used to work at an Old Country Buffet (not sure if you guys have em up in WNY), and we ran out of fried chicken one day. As the cashier I was the one who had to give people who already paid their refunds and tell the people who first came into the restaurant what the deal was. I'll tell ya, you do NOT want to be the person telling paying customers they can't have their fried chicken. "Y'all aint got no fried chicken? What am I here for? What kinda place is this?" etc etc. The manager took plenty of it too, but as the cashier/greeter I probably took the brunt of it.

I'll never forget this African American woman who yelled at the top of here lungs, "What! No fried chicken!?" Everyone in the place turned to look. Those Popeye's customers are a lot like the people I dealt with. Looks like those employees were able to bail, though.

I have an uncle who heard the story, and he still asks me where the fried chicken's at every time I see him.

:doh:

What no :doh: ing Ziti?!

I know. It's J. Childs. I thought you didn't get the Jackie Chiles reference. :doh: I don't recall Julia Childs ever having esq. after her name. :doh:

"You put a balm on? Who told you to put a balm on? I didn't tell you to put a balm on."

Yes I got the Jackie Chiles reference.

"You put a balm on? Who told you to put a balm on? I didn't tell you to put a balm on."

Yes I got the Jackie Chiles reference.

"I am mortified and stupified!....shocked and chagrined!"

You racist bastard! :thumbsup:

Oh and BTW it's y'all gots out back on da ice.

I wish there was a way for me to post an email I received about a year and a half ago. Have you guys seen this? The Wal-Mart cake?

It's a picture of a cake and on it, written in icing, it says:

Best Wishes Suzzane

Under Neat That

We Will Miss You.

Included with the email is the hypothetical phone conversation that led to the aforementioned cake message:

Walmart Employee: "Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"

Customer: "Yes, I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week."

Walmart Employee: "Whatchu want on da cake?"

Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne." And underneath that "We will miss you".

LINK

Al Sharpton will be involved in this situation. Depriving the masses of fried chicken? Surely that's a civil rights violation. After All, this is America and we have the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of fried chicken!

I wish there was a way for me to post an email I received about a year and a half ago. Have you guys seen this? The Wal-Mart cake?

It's a picture of a cake and on it, written in icing, it says:

Best Wishes Suzzane

Under Neat That

We Will Miss You.

Included with the email is the hypothetical phone conversation that led to the aforementioned cake message:

Walmart Employee: "Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"

Customer: "Yes, I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week."

Walmart Employee: "Whatchu want on da cake?"

Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne." And underneath that "We will miss you".

LINK

The best ones are when the writing on the cake is done by computer so it writes whatever you type in. I've seen pics of some of them somewhere, I'll try to look them up.

I feel their pain! They never ate my in-law's house, they would have been conditioned in "portion control!" :lol::lol:

My mother-in-law: "What do you want? Chicken, Pork, or Beef"

Answer: "Beef."

My Mother-in-law: "Sorry, I don't have Beef."

Answer: "Okay, then the pork."

My Mother-in-law: "Sorry, no pork either."

Answer: "Then why did you give me a choice?"

My Mother-in-law: "I was hoping you would say chicken."

:thumbsup::thumbsup: