Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly

Estro

I know we've talked about his expertise in mock drafts leading up to the draft and afterwards, but this article provides the proof. Just wanted to pass on how good this guy has been. If you didn't take advantage of his knowledge this draft season make sure to do so next year. No one else in the business is this accurate. Gosselin of the Dallas News does not even come close.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...mockresults.htm

Actually when the Bills were on the clock I was thinking Eric Wood would make sense solely based on his mock draft. Without his 1st round projection I would've been left to think the bills really reached for a center, but I do not think that was the case after all. In fact I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have lasted past #32 if we didn't take him. I think Wood is going to make the biggest difference for us this year, watch our RB's YPC go up big time for runs up the middle.

I know we've talked about his expertise in mock drafts leading up to the draft and afterwards, but this article provides the proof. Just wanted to pass on how good this guy has been. If you didn't take advantage of his knowledge this draft season make sure to do so next year. No one else in the business is this accurate. Gosselin of the Dallas News does no even come close.

The difference between Nawrocki and Gosselin is that Nawrocki actually watches tape, scouts and comes up with an independent opinion.

Gosselin is no better than a "draft aggregator" and interviews people for THEIR opinions and forms them into lists.

I don't get the constant kudos for Gosselin, though a good writer, he should not even be considered in the same realm as Nawrocki.

That guy is awesome. It is year after year also, not just a one year fluke.

Agreed. I think it is a foregone conclusion that he is has a lot of inside knowledge due to relationships with teams. He's also a very under the radar guy who probably does not run his mouth, which means teams would be comfortable slipping him some important information. It wouldn't surprise me if many teams almost tip their hand to him hence the reason he waits until just a few hours before the draft to release his final version. Whatever he does I hope it continues.

I know we've talked about his expertise in mock drafts leading up to the draft and afterwards, but this article provides the proof. Just wanted to pass on how good this guy has been. If you didn't take advantage of his knowledge this draft season make sure to do so next year. No one else in the business is this accurate. Gosselin of the Dallas News does not even come close.

Impressive, to say the least.

I think what is more impressive is his percentage (82% & 90%) of accuracy of the top 100 prospects in the last two years.

BTW of our first 5 picks not one player is rated below #56 on Nawrocki's Top 100 Value List.

Maybin #16

Wood #36

Levitre #44

Byrd #54

Nelson #56

Not bad at all. I think out of this group you're looking at a guaranteed 2-3 starters on opening day with the potential for all 5 to be starting by midseason (perhaps with the exception of Maybin who may just be a pass rush guy in year 1).

The Steelers were going to take Wood at #32, but the Bills beat them to it.

Agreed

But wait! Jerry Sulivan said that the Bills reached on Wood and that he likely would have been around in Round 2. If Sully says it, it must be true.

PTR

But wait! Jerry Sulivan said that the Bills reached on Wood and that he likely would have been around in Round 2. If Sully says it, it must be true.

PTR

Sully has more than likely never even heard of Nolan Nawrocki, nor the reports that the Steelers were probably taking Wood at #32.

Sully has more than likely never even heard of Nolan Nawrocki, nor the reports that the Steelers were probably taking Wood at #32.

One minute Sully is talking about how much he hates watching the NFL draft, the next he's offering opinions on who's a reach. Typical.

PTR