Reading some of the Renwed Optimisim

Will Jauron Be successful this season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jauron Be succesful this season?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Please not another year of Jauron after this one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of the renewed optimism for this team had me wondering if you actually think based on schedule/ Draft and free agent signing TO that Jauron will be succesful this season?

Personally I do not share in any of the renewed optimism, I think we have even more questions now then we had at the end of the season.

Will Jauron improve his game day plans and make better adjustments at the half?

I am still sticking to 7-9 forecast for the 4th straight year and will be deemed unacceptable and DJ will be gone at the end of the season.

I think Ralph is tryingto save money on players this season to prepare to eat the final two years of the three year unconfirmed contract he gave him.

That "renewed optimism" is more than likely going to do a nasty "snap back to resigned pessimism" once the initial euphoria over TO and the draft is over. By which I mean, after the first game of the season against the Patriots, in New England. You will have fans calling for the heads of Dickie the J, Snert, Fewell, Edwards, Lynch (who won't even be playing) and if TO drops a few balls, his head too. They may be so enraged at this point, they'll call for the head of the first person who pops into their mind, like.... DEREK JETER, or KATIE HOLMES-CRUISE-SPACE-WHATCHAMAJIGGER, or BOB DYLAN or SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.

Will Jauron improve ...... well ..... anything? Has he made any adjustments, before, during or after a game? By that I mean adjustments that haven't turned into a disaster? Could anyone tell if he actually made any adjustments? Would his lips move or his eyes blink or his expression change? See what too much botox does to you? You'll be doomed to a life of expressionless, decisionless, repetitive-nothingness.

I think it'll be a miracle if the Bills win 6 games this year. And that would mean sweeping the Jets and Indy playing their scrubs in the last game if they've got the division locked up. Dickie the J could fall on the sword by mid season. They could be 3-5 or even 2-6 at the break. Ralph would probably keep Snert and Fewell through the season and let the new HC give them the heave-ho. I'm picking 5-11 with Chewtabacca in the 2nd, Dingleberry in the 3rd, box 'em, fold 'em, give 'em a tail and slap the walrus. I heard somebody say that at the Lottery counter and I have absolutely NO idea what it means.

It's not so much Jauron (well, it is) as it is his coordinators. If Schonert continues to pass on short yardage situations and Fewell does not figure out how to rush more than 4 guys at a time, things will not change.

The point is the Head Coach is RESPONSIBLE for his assistants. The Bucs New HC Raheem Morris, is 34 Years old & was never more than a Position Coach in the NFL (Defensive Coordinator in College) before this year. He is SMART though and has hired VERY GOOD Assistants. I would rate the Bucs Coaching staff FAR BETTER than the Bills & I BLAME that on Jauron.

You guys have to keep in mind that the coaches have to operate within the abilities of our offense. And our offense was not able to execute very well last year. Trent and JP in the second half were terrible...they couldnt execute the gameplan, our O Line was inconsistent in the run and pass game, Peters struggled, WR's and Royal dropped passes, players were hurt, etc.

It wasnt all the fault of the game plan. I am not saying the game plan was perfect by any means, but it gets magnified when the players on the field dont execute.

For me, the biggest issue I had with the game plan was the OC getting too cute at the wrong times. Passing on 3rd and 1 when he had Lynch for example was a mistake. I get you are trying to catch the D off guard, but if our Passing game is struggling (which it was in almsot every game of our last 8 games) you go with your bread and butter and let Lynch get the tough yard.

But, even with those mistakes, our offense was not executing and that limits what the staff can do. Proof of this to me was when we ran the ball 3 straight downs in the Cle game as Trent had one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. We elected to take the long FG rather than risk Trent turning the ball over again as he was playing with no confidence that game. To me, that wasnt the staff being bone heads, that was a staff that didnt trust the offense of the guy behind center to not blow it as we needed the win.

A GOOD Coach will assess a QB's strengths & weaknesses & adjust the Game plan to suit the QB's STRENGTHS as well as the strengths of the other players on the Team. That is the point the Jauron Defenders fail to understand.

Reading some of the renewed optimism for this team had me wondering if you actually think based on schedule/ Draft and free agent signing TO that Jauron will be succesful this season?

Personally I do not share in any of the renewed optimism, I think we have even more questions now then we had at the end of the season.

Can Trent stay healthy and be productive?

Can The OL open up holes and protect the passer?

Can we get the ball to TO enough times not too create an issue?

Who will be complaining the most about the lack of carries Lynch, Rhodes or Jackson?

With 5 more teams implementing the 3-4 this season two whci we play in KC and the JETS added to the teams we already play the 3-4 aginst will this coaching staff be smarter about how to play against it?

Will Jauron improve his game day plans and make better adjustments at the half?

I am still sticking to 7-9 forecast for the 4th straight year and will be deemed unacceptable and DJ will be gone at the end of the season.

I think Ralph is tryingto save money on players this season to prepare to eat the final two years of the three year unconfirmed contract he gave him.

The Bills went 7-9 last year against a much softer schedule than the one we have this year. Our team significantly improved on draft day. But I expect it will take a while for our new offensive linemen to learn their new positions, the new blocking scheme, and to adjust to the NFL. I also expect Maybin to need time to adjust, as do most rookie DEs.

If the rookies need time to adapt, if the Bills suffer a few key injuries, and if they get a few bad breaks along the way, this team could easily go 6-10 or even 5-11. Which in the long run wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, because we'd get a high draft pick, and probably a new coach. On the other hand, if the rookies play well, if guys like Owens and Hangartner immediately make high level contributions, if we avoid the injury bug, and if we get a few lucky breaks in close games, this team could go 9-7 or even 10-6.

Regardless of how things work out for the upcoming season, the draft we just had makes me optimistic about this team's potential to achieve good things a few years from now.

I'm reluctant to make any predictions after last year, but I have a good feeling about the direction the team is going in. :)

Me too! After this write-off year with Jauron the Eternal Loser at the helm, the young guys will have a taste of playing in the NFL with no expectations this year from the fans.

Then when a REAL head coach comes in next year, the players will have a year under their belt, they'll be amazed at what competent coaching looks like and pull an Atlanta Falcons and win the division.

2010 BABY!!!!

The worst thing is that if the Bills do win games, the coaching staff will receive NO credit. But if they lose, the coaching staff will get most of the blame.

And that assessment will undoubtedly be correct. This team wins in spite of the so-called coaching staff, not because of them. Dickie the J couldn't teach the ocean how to be wet. Well....maybe he could teach the ocean how to be wet, but he sure as hell couldn't motivate the ocean to produce waves.

The worst thing is that if the Bills do win games, the coaching staff will receive NO credit, but if they lose, they'll get most of the blame.

That has more to do with Jauron being an established loser. The guy has produced 1 winning season out of 8.

That sets a precedent. That 1 winning looks like a hiccup.

The only way out of it is to win from this year forward. He'll will have to win multiple consecutive seasons before the loser stigma will go away.

That has more to do with Jauron being an established loser. The guy has produced 1 winning season out of 8.

That sets a precedent. That 1 winning looks like a hiccup.

The only way out of it is to win from this year forward. He'll will have to win multiple consecutive seasons before the loser stigma will go away.

Guess what Dickie the J's averaged win/loss record was during his 5 years at Chi Town......

Ready?

7-9!!!

GASP!!!

I voted "no" because I have to judge his performance on what I have seen with the Bills, so far. But, that doesn't mean I think it is impossible for him to adapt, and for his coordinators to adapt. I'd like to think that Turk will get better, in his SECOND year as OC. I'd also like to think the staff feels a sense of urgency, as they have to believe their jobs are probably on the line, this year.

So, I vote "no", and hope to be wrong. I won't be shocked if things go better this year..but I will be a little surprised if they don't screw up important, short yardage plays, on a regular basis.

Read the post I followed it up with where I said the 3 runs at the end of the Cle game were a CLEAR indication to me that the staff did not trust the game to Trent of the offense based on one of the worst QB performances I have seen in recent memory. Add in the wind and Trents marginal arm strength, and its not a big surprise we ran it 3 times.

Our offense was near dead last in the league last year...those 3 plays didnt put us there...the offense not executing put us there...

The wind was so strong that Trent has just completed a beautiful 30 yard pass to robert royal.

I hesitantly said yes. Thr reality is that it the o-line does not come together and Trent edwards does not step it up we will be lucky to finish 7-9. As for the defense improvement will only come if Schobel returns to form and Maybin can get after an NFL QB.

A GOOD Coach will assess a QB's strengths & weaknesses & adjust the Game plan to suit the QB's STRENGTHS as well as the strengths of the other players on the Team. That is the point the Jauron Defenders fail to understand.

Trent had few strengths last year...I like the kid, but its the truth...

I voted "no" because I have to judge his performance on what I have seen with the Bills, so far. But, that doesn't mean I think it is impossible for him to adapt, and for his coordinators to adapt. I'd like to think that Turk will get better, in his SECOND year as OC. I'd also like to think the staff feels a sense of urgency, as they have to believe their jobs are probably on the line, this year.

So, I vote "no", and hope to be wrong. I won't be shocked if things go better this year..but I will be a little surprised if they don't screw up important, short yardage plays, on a regular basis.

Interesting yet depressing stat:

DJ's average win/loss record in 5 years at Chi Town: 7-9 <insert Twilight Zone music here>

Honestly, I usually feel optimistic about the Bills. I did last year at this time and I did the year before that at this time. I was pretty happy in getting Levy and Jauron to run the team four years ago and I'm OK with giving the coach another year to see what he's got. So to answer, I do feel optimistic.

Last year they started out 5-1 and looked like they were going to finally break the playoff curse. They imploded down the stretch. It's not like those games were blowouts - they lost close games because of varied stupid things on both sides of the ball. It happens. I think they are a young team and need time to collectively grow up. These losses are really characteristic of that as well. They played consistent til TE got hurt and Reed went out. I gotta think that if they can keep him standing and most of the skill players off the injury list, they have a real shot at being a top 15 offense. They certainly have the talent.

The wind was so strong that Trent has just completed a beautiful 30 yard pass to robert royal.

This is where posters like you lose all credibility...you sight one throw, or one play, to negate all the other 40 mistakes he made...that Cle game was one of the worst QB'd games in recent memory and worse than any game I have ever seen terrible JP put up...and even the Trent man crush guys will agree how bad that game was...but you want to negate all of that over his wobbly lob to Royal, which was a good pass, but it doesnt mask how bad he had been on every other snap that game.

The kid has potential, sure, but there were plenty of games where he played well below that, and that Cle game was a prime example. I assure you the coaching staff knows more about football and what was going on with Trent in that game then you or I do. And in a must win game, if they felt Trent gave us the better chance to win, they would have took it...but they clearly had no confidence in him or any of the offense at that point.

If Trent takes a sack we were out of FG range too...and he was playing like a deer in headlights all game and taking bad sacks. In fact, he wouldnt even throw the ball away...so he was missing wide open WR's all game just to dump off to RB behind line of scrimmage, or he holds the ball despite wide open recievers and took a bad sack...he wasnt even throwing the ball away. He should have had several other turnovers that game besides the 3 INTS, but he got lucky several times.

But, you wont see that...you see your hero and ignore his struggles.

Dickie boy hasnt been successful with ANY roster he has ever had. He lost us 3-4 games each of the last two seasons on his dumb coaching decisions. He could have went 7-9 with the Steelers this past season. Football relies on coaching more than any other sport, and as long as we have a loser like DJ in charge it does not matter who is on our roster.