Reading some of the Renwed Optimisim

Will Jauron Be successful this season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jauron Be succesful this season?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Please not another year of Jauron after this one

Reading some of the renewed optimism for this team had me wondering if you actually think based on schedule/ Draft and free agent signing TO that Jauron will be succesful this season?

Personally I do not share in any of the renewed optimism, I think we have even more questions now then we had at the end of the season.

Can Trent stay healthy and be productive?

Can The OL open up holes and protect the passer?

Can we get the ball to TO enough times not too create an issue?

Who will be complaining the most about the lack of carries Lynch, Rhodes or Jackson?

With 5 more teams implementing the 3-4 this season two whci we play in KC and the JETS added to the teams we already play the 3-4 aginst will this coaching staff be smarter about how to play against it?

Will Jauron improve his game day plans and make better adjustments at the half?

I am still sticking to 7-9 forecast for the 4th straight year and will be deemed unacceptable and DJ will be gone at the end of the season.

I think Ralph is tryingto save money on players this season to prepare to eat the final two years of the three year unconfirmed contract he gave him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much Jauron (well, it is) as it is his coordinators. If Schonert continues to pass on short yardage situations and Fewell does not figure out how to rush more than 4 guys at a time, things will not change.

The Dick should have been kicked to the curb last year.

But he wasn't. So we fans will probably sit through another miserable year.

However, on a positive side, I look forward to competent coach taking over this team next year, and achieving something the Dick never has been able to do: a playoff victory.

Yes, the Bills do have the talent to make the playoffs. They have had the talent. Except the douche bag in charge is so incompetent, the only thing saving his azz is how much of nice guy he is.

Most of my optimism comes from the draft. The fact that we are building the lines, and should have 2 solid second year starters for the new coach in 2010, and got some hopefully good playmakers that will have already gone through their rookie growing pains and will be ready to contribute in a big way for the new coach in 2010.

Plus, if the new coach switches us to a 3-4, Maybin could theoretically be shifted to rush OLB.

It's not so much Jauron (well, it is) as it is his coordinators. If Schonert continues to pass on short yardage situations and Fewell does not figure out how to rush more than 4 guys at a time, things will not change.

I ll will quote to you what my friend has always stated to me with the same response: " Isnt it the HC job to oversee the game plan and approve it or make any adjustments to it as he see fits? Doesnt the HC control the team not the DC or OC?"

I ll will quote to you what my friend has always stated to me with the same response: " Isnt it the HC job to oversee the game plan and approve it or make any adjustments to it as he see fits? Doesnt the HC control the team not the DC or OC?"

Yes he does. The OC and DC make the game day calls. I was not moving the blame away from Jauron, just including our coordinators.

Define successful.

Succesful would have to be nothing less then a winning season. Which has elude him all but 1 year of his coaching tenure.

However, if he was succeful enough this year to have the min winning record of 9-7 without the playoffs the following year would have to be playoffs or Fired.

I think this front office knows their will be limitations with the OL this season and as much as they would want a playoff game this year I think they would be happy to see the team finish 9-7 or better it makes the next season marketing easier because the fan base will think we are on the cusp of the playoffs.

I have a wait and see attitude for this year

Last year started so well and with Brady going down last year was our shot but we sucked in Nov and Dec.

So ill just reserve my comments until we get out of the preseason, there are so many ifs right now to answer this post.

You guys have to keep in mind that the coaches have to operate within the abilities of our offense. And our offense was not able to execute very well last year. Trent and JP in the second half were terrible...they couldnt execute the gameplan, our O Line was inconsistent in the run and pass game, Peters struggled, WR's and Royal dropped passes, players were hurt, etc.

It wasnt all the fault of the game plan. I am not saying the game plan was perfect by any means, but it gets magnified when the players on the field dont execute.

For me, the biggest issue I had with the game plan was the OC getting too cute at the wrong times. Passing on 3rd and 1 when he had Lynch for example was a mistake. I get you are trying to catch the D off guard, but if our Passing game is struggling (which it was in almsot every game of our last 8 games) you go with your bread and butter and let Lynch get the tough yard.

But, even with those mistakes, our offense was not executing and that limits what the staff can do. Proof of this to me was when we ran the ball 3 straight downs in the Cle game as Trent had one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. We elected to take the long FG rather than risk Trent turning the ball over again as he was playing with no confidence that game. To me, that wasnt the staff being bone heads, that was a staff that didnt trust the offense of the guy behind center to not blow it as we needed the win.

You guys have to keep in mind that the coaches have to operate within the abilities of our offense. And our offense was not able to execute very well last year. Trent and JP in the second half were terrible...they couldnt execute the gameplan, our O Line was inconsistent in the run and pass game, Peters struggled, WR's and Royal dropped passes, players were hurt, etc.

It wasnt all the fault of the game plan. I am not saying the game plan was perfect by any means, but it gets magnified when the players on the field dont execute.

For me, the biggest issue I had with the game plan was the OC getting too cute at the wrong times. Passing on 3rd and 1 when he had Lynch for example was a mistake. I get you are trying to catch the D off guard, but if our Passing game is struggling (which it was in almsot every game of our last 8 games) you go with your bread and butter and let Lynch get the tough yard.

But, even with those mistakes, our offense was not executing and that limits what the staff can do. Proof of this to me was when we ran the ball 3 straight downs in the Cle game as Trent had one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. We elected to take the long FG rather than risk Trent turning the ball over again as he was playing with no confidence that game. To me, that wasnt the staff being bone heads, that was a staff that didnt trust the offense of the guy behind center to not blow it as we needed the win.

And one more thing I didnt mention above...when you have a QB who is clearly struggling, especially with confidence, the staff typically dumbs down the play calling going with a more conservative approach with shorter safer throws to try and get the guy under center back on track and let him get some confidence. It sure looked like they tried this last year with Trent...in fact, they seemed more aggressive when JP was in there than when Trent was, which again tells me they were trying to keep it conservative to rebuild Trents confidence.

You're right.

The players didn't execute when they called 3 straight runs and settled for a 52 yard FG into the wind.

Marshawn Lynch didn't execute when he got 1 carry in the final 25 minutes of a 1 score game where he was averaging 8.4 yards per carry.

A FB screen pass is a brilliant call when deep in your own territory trying to run out the clock on 2nd and 5 - its becomes even smarter when your starting RB averaged 6 yards per carry during that game and the opposing defense was worn out.

You're right.

The players didn't execute when they called 3 straight runs and settled for a 52 yard FG into the wind.

Marshawn Lynch didn't execute when he got 1 carry in the final 25 minutes of a 1 score game where he was averaging 8.4 yards per carry.

A FB screen pass is a brilliant call when deep in your own territory trying to run out the clock on 2nd and 5 - its becomes even smarter when your starting RB averaged 6 yards per carry during that game and the opposing defense was worn out.

OK, I've put you in the "undecided" category.

You're right.

Wow, you were super nice there. There were so many other things...

You're right.

Read the post I followed it up with where I said the 3 runs at the end of the Cle game were a CLEAR indication to me that the staff did not trust the game to Trent of the offense based on one of the worst QB performances I have seen in recent memory. Add in the wind and Trents marginal arm strength, and its not a big surprise we ran it 3 times.

Our offense was near dead last in the league last year...those 3 plays didnt put us there...the offense not executing put us there...

Guest dog14787

I'm reluctant to make any predictions after last year, but I have a good feeling about the direction the team is going in. :)