Anyone Work for Bank of America?

I'm in the final stages of hiring for a "Banking Center Manager" position with Bank of America. Does anyone have any experiences good/bad working for this company?

I can't comment from personal experience, as I left another bank just before it was acquired by BOA. My former co-workers have had mixed things to say about working there.

I did find this online however:

http://www.jobvent.com/companyBrowse.php?CompanyID=440

Good luck, either way!

I can't comment from personal experience, as I left another bank just before it was acquired by BOA. My former co-workers have had mixed things to say about working there.

I did find this online however:

http://www.jobvent.com/companyBrowse.php?CompanyID=440

Good luck, either way!

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything I read on "Job Vent"; possibly the dumbest site in the history of the web. Unless of course you enjoy reading bitter diatribes from cubicle dwelling morons who are all fully capable of running happy, fun, nurturing and profitable companies if only they had the chance.

I'm in the final stages of hiring for a "Banking Center Manager" position with Bank of America. Does anyone have any experiences good/bad working for this company?

I have friends working there (both on the Merrill side and on the BOA side). For the ML guys, they say its pretty poisonous and they feel pretty constrained. Many are leaving or looking to leave. On the BOA side, the people are happier, but nervous because of what TARP/Gov't/populist outrage will do to the company and bonuses.

My advice is to learn all you can about the person you will be working for and as much as possible about the team you will be joining. That will make all the difference in the world as it relates to job experience.

Good luck.

"Ye Old Cotton" a banker? Whodda thunk it?

Good luck whatever you decide Cotton.

Tis' a sad day when a fun loving guy like Ye Ole' Cotton joins the ranks of the banking world Deano, but alas it may come to be...

Thanks for the encouragement.

Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do, Ye Old.