Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know this... I also saw that the girl from The Cutting Edge has been on some show for quite a while.

I assume you are talking about Moira Kelly?

Her career has been more scattered. I looked her up and the show she was in was "One Tree Hill".

After her voice work in "The Lion King", she wasn't in anything too noticeable.

Edited by Mark Vader

Rocky XII....hasn't been filmed yet but I figured I can have dibs on it being worst movie...the plot will center on Rocky and Adriene living at Whispering Pines Retirement Home and Chester Lebowitz (the President of the MidDay Activity Club) calls Rocky out for shoddy looking boondoggle keychains. Feeling that he must defend his crafts, he schedules a 3 Round match against Chester after chair aerobics at high Noon...just before lunch..

And they actually showed it. I do not want to see that in any type of comedy. It was fake as can be, too.

I mean if they are going to be that graphic showing the baby coming out, be that graphic showing how it was made... I'd be good with that - though, whoever that chick was Katherine Heigl lost a lot of her clout real fast.

Seth Rogen fan, eh?

Seth Rogen fan, eh?

i take back any bad movies I ever said. Any Movie with Seth Rogen, Steve Carrell, or that idiot from Napolian Dynomite as the lead characters is the worst movie EVER!!!

Except the Green Hornet gets a pass. It's bad but not in the same category.

i take back any bad movies I ever said. Any Movie with Seth Rogen, Steve Carrell, or that idiot from Napolian Dynomite as the lead characters is the worst movie EVER!!!

Except the Green Hornet gets a pass. It's bad but not in the same category.

40 Year Old Virgin is the only movie I've seen with Carrell in the lead. So based on that I totally disagree with him being listed. I'd add Will Ferrell to that list though (minus Anchorman).

40 Year Old Virgin is the only movie I've seen with Carrell in the lead. So based on that I totally disagree with him being listed. I'd add Will Ferrell to that list though (minus Anchorman).

i think Steve Carrell is the absolutely horrible as any lead ever!!!

What's funny is that you apparently don't like Will Farrell and like Anchorman which has Steve Carrell as a main character in it. I like Step Brothers because of Will Farrell even though its got Rogen in it. And I like Anchorman for the same reasons even though its got Carrell in it.

You and I share the same hatred, except for the opposite people.

And anybody with a Futurama avatar can't be wrong too much :-)

Edited by mrags

i think Steve Carrell is the absolutely horrible as any lead ever!!!

What's funny is that you apparently don't like Will Farrell and like Anchorman which has Steve Carrell as a main character in it. I like Step Brothers because of Will Farrell even though its got Rogen in it. And I like Anchorman for the same reasons even though its got Carrell in it.

You and I share the same hatred, except for the opposite people.

And anybody with a Futurama avatar can't be wrong too much :-)

We have completely different definitions of main character I guess. Steve Carrell is a support role in Anchorman, just like Ferrell is in a movie like Old School. They tend to thrive in roles like that because they can be completely off the wall crazy but not be the entire focus of the story.

We have completely different definitions of main character I guess. Steve Carrell is a support role in Anchorman, just like Ferrell is in a movie like Old School. They tend to thrive in roles like that because they can be completely off the wall crazy but not be the entire focus of the story.

i agreed with that about Farrell until Talladega Nights. His off the wall crazy teamed up with John C Reilly really changed my mind about him. Of course I loved Step Brothers too and became a much bigger fan of Anchorman after that.

Now, about the only movie I Didnt like Will Farrell in is The Ladies Man. And I still like that movie, just not his part in it. Still annoys me.

Steve Carrell and Seth Rogen in the other hand make me want to punch a baby anytime I see their faces in a film.

Surely this received a mention over the past 25 pages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaVf6sxBSYk

I love this movie. So bad its good category. What makes it great is that the guy is so sincere about the making of the film. There are some extras on the dvd with him talking about the movie which is great in itself.

Edited by Dante

Anyone remember an old monster flick from the late 70's called "It's Alive!"?

I never understood why people were so hot for "Lost in Translation".

Speaking of Steve Carrell I thought "Date Night" with Tina Fey sucked.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I love this movie. So bad its good category. What makes it great is that the guy is so sincere about the making of the film. There are some extras on the dvd with him talking about the movie which is great in itself.

I loved the reports that he was felt "overlooked" to direct the new Star Wars movie...

Anyone remember an old monster flick from the late 70's called "It's Alive!"?

I never understood why people were so hot for "Lost in Translation".

Speaking of Steve Carrell I thought "Date Night" with Tina Fey sucked.

PTR

Lost in Translation is that movie that no one actually liked but it received rave reviews from critics and then the artsy crowd fawned over it, creating an environment where people are hesitant to criticize the movie for fear of being labeled one of those who "doesn't get it." As in "You just don't get it. If you got the movie, then you'd love it!"

Lost in Translation is that movie that no one actually liked but it received rave reviews from critics and then the artsy crowd fawned over it, creating an environment where people are hesitant to criticize the movie for fear of being labeled one of those who "doesn't get it." As in "You just don't get it. If you got the movie, then you'd love it!"

I absolutely loved "Lost in Translation." ;)

Both Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson were amazing in it.

Same here. I also don't think it's one of those pseudo intellectual artsy films (ya know, college art show, black and white with random topless old people) that Jauronimo's poking fun at. Pretty tight narrative about a meaningful, yet transient relationship.

You loved it......I hated it.

"Lost in Translation" is a great example of a movie that does not deserve to be in a "worst film" list.

Just because a movie is not to ones taste does not mean it is a bad movie.....it simply means that one did not like it. That being said, just because one likes a movie does not mean it should automatically not be in a "worst film" list.

Personal taste really shouldn't factor into judging a movie's relative quality.

Same here. I also don't think it's one of those pseudo intellectual artsy films (ya know, college art show, black and white with random topless old people) that Jauronimo's poking fun at. Pretty tight narrative about a meaningful, yet transient relationship.

I don't think LiT is among the worst movies ever made, but it did bore me to tears. I'm sure its a fine story about meaningful, yet transient relationships. I'm just not so sure that even the most exemplary narrative about the drying of paint translates into an appealing motion picture.

Edited by Jauronimo